473,517 Members | 2,684 Online
Bytes | Software Development & Data Engineering Community
+ Post

Home Posts Topics Members FAQ

Templated "Data-Merged" Forms for printing/email/fax/web etc

I know this is a little of topic, for which I apologise, but I think it's pertinent to .Net development so I hope it's ok to ask this question here!

I'm looking to created filled in "forms" from my application eg Sales Orders, Quotations etc which have data filled in from my application. I want my users to be able to design their own form templates (eg to include their company logos, terms and conditions etc).

The standard .Net products don't lend themselves directly to this sort of thing, so I'm looking to external products. I'm guessing that i would need to generate the merge file in XML and then fire-up the forms routine with the form to generate and what I want to do with it (eg Email, Print, Fax etc). Whilst I want customers to be able to design their own forms, I don't want individual users of the application to be able to change a form once generated.

From web searches, I note that there are a number of products that seem to do this, with various price structures! I obviously want to keep costs down! Another option is perhaps to automated Word along with a PDF generator add-in to do this task.

I'm interested in what others have done to accomplish this - I'm looking for the good and the bad products or perhaps different solutions that I may not have considered.

Many thanks in advance for your time in replying.

Regards

--
==============================
Simon Verona
si***@aphroditeuk.com
==============================
Jul 19 '05 #1
0 1399

This thread has been closed and replies have been disabled. Please start a new discussion.

Similar topics

by: 21novembre | last post by:
Hi all, I made a question several days before to describe my strange trouble of mysqldump. But I still can't figour it out. Well, I just want to ask another question whether I could just backup my databases by copying the data folder to some place? Then if I meet some disaster, could I just copy the backup folder back to recover my...
by: Jon Davis | last post by:
I recently learned how to do an <OBJECT> alternative to <IFRAME> in current browsers using: <object id="extendedhtml" type="text/html" data="otherpage.html" width="250" height="400"></object> My question is how do I access the document DOM of this object in Javascript? For example, "alert(extendedhtml.innerHTML);" doesn't work and...
by: vladislav.moltchanov | last post by:
I am developing an Access tool for generating an Application MDB for data entry in a "large scale" project. At design stage I would like to keep open these two MDB. One current is generating forms and tables and copying them to the second using TransferDatabase Method. However when I put focus on this second the new forms and tables are not...
by: RWC | last post by:
Hello, I'm getting the error "The field is too small to accept the amount of data you attempted to add. Try inserting or pasting less data" when I run a report. I'm simply trying to apply the following criteria/filter to this report "kEmployee in(select kEmployee from proCriteria;)" I'm not really trying to insert any data. This same...
by: kobu.selva | last post by:
I was recently part of a little debate on the issue of whether constants and string literals are considered "data objects" in C. I'm more confused now than before. I was always under the understanding that only "named" storage areas(from the standard) were data objects. Since constants and string literals don't have lvalues, they can't be...
by: Lucas Tam | last post by:
Hi all, I'm using ASP MasterPages for my templates. As such, I have a couple of pages which are for file uploads. Is there any drawbacks in making all my forms of type: ENCTYPE="Multipart/Form-Data"? Will this cause resource or security issues?
by: Stimp | last post by:
I have an asp.net page with a form and several <INPUT type=fileinput fields so that I can upload images via the form. I also have about 30 other standard dropdownlists and text boxes as part of this page that are submitted to a database when the 'UPLOAD' button is clicked. My question is this: does having enctype="multipart/form-data" on...
by: BobRoyAce | last post by:
I am using Visual Studio 2008 w/ VB.NET. For the database, I am using SQL Server 2005, which is running on a dedicated server box. I am creating a WinForms application for a client. It is run on any of several employees' desktop PCs. Now, they want to be able to "push" some of the data from the SQL Server database up to a database on a...
by: exipnakias | last post by:
Hello Guys. I would like to know if there is a way , which can prevent users to import data from an access database to another. I have a database that I do not want users to be able to copy the data (tables, forms, reports, query, macros, modules etc) of this database to another one (using the import option of MS Access). Thanks in...
scubak1w1
by: scubak1w1 | last post by:
Hello, I am building a form that collects some data about a file and throws it into a PosgreSQL database and also allows the user to upload and process the file using PHP's $_FILES... i.e., <input type="file" name="file" id="file" size="50"/> Action is a PHP_SELF, method is POST, check with array_key_exists, etc... anyway..... :-) ...
by: Hystou | last post by:
Most computers default to English, but sometimes we require a different language, especially when relocating. Forgot to request a specific language before your computer shipped? No problem! You can effortlessly switch the default language on Windows 10 without reinstalling. I'll walk you through it. First, let's disable language...
jinu1996
by: jinu1996 | last post by:
In today's digital age, having a compelling online presence is paramount for businesses aiming to thrive in a competitive landscape. At the heart of this digital strategy lies an intricately woven tapestry of website design and digital marketing. It's not merely about having a website; it's about crafting an immersive digital experience that...
by: Hystou | last post by:
Overview: Windows 11 and 10 have less user interface control over operating system update behaviour than previous versions of Windows. In Windows 11 and 10, there is no way to turn off the Windows Update option using the Control Panel or Settings app; it automatically checks for updates and installs any it finds, whether you like it or not. For...
tracyyun
by: tracyyun | last post by:
Dear forum friends, With the development of smart home technology, a variety of wireless communication protocols have appeared on the market, such as Zigbee, Z-Wave, Wi-Fi, Bluetooth, etc. Each protocol has its own unique characteristics and advantages, but as a user who is planning to build a smart home system, I am a bit confused by the...
by: conductexam | last post by:
I have .net C# application in which I am extracting data from word file and save it in database particularly. To store word all data as it is I am converting the whole word file firstly in HTML and then checking html paragraph one by one. At the time of converting from word file to html my equations which are in the word document file was convert...
by: TSSRALBI | last post by:
Hello I'm a network technician in training and I need your help. I am currently learning how to create and manage the different types of VPNs and I have a question about LAN-to-LAN VPNs. The last exercise I practiced was to create a LAN-to-LAN VPN between two Pfsense firewalls, by using IPSEC protocols. I succeeded, with both firewalls in...
by: 6302768590 | last post by:
Hai team i want code for transfer the data from one system to another through IP address by using C# our system has to for every 5mins then we have to update the data what the data is updated we have to send another system
muto222
by: muto222 | last post by:
How can i add a mobile payment intergratation into php mysql website.
bsmnconsultancy
by: bsmnconsultancy | last post by:
In today's digital era, a well-designed website is crucial for businesses looking to succeed. Whether you're a small business owner or a large corporation in Toronto, having a strong online presence can significantly impact your brand's success. BSMN Consultancy, a leader in Website Development in Toronto offers valuable insights into creating...

By using Bytes.com and it's services, you agree to our Privacy Policy and Terms of Use.

To disable or enable advertisements and analytics tracking please visit the manage ads & tracking page.