473,327 Members | 1,930 Online
Bytes | Software Development & Data Engineering Community
Post Job

Home Posts Topics Members FAQ

Join Bytes to post your question to a community of 473,327 software developers and data experts.

urldecode

Hi again,

can anyone tell me why it says that the object doesnt support this method?

rs is a db query resultset.
msg is a db field with urlencoded data in it.
------------
if not rs.eof then
do while not rs.eof
response.write(server.urldecode(rs("msg")))
rs.movenext
loop
end if
----------------

Thanks a lot,
Tom

Jul 19 '05 #1
2 33360
"Thomas Henz" <th***@t-online.de> wrote in message
news:bi*************@news.t-online.com...
Hi again,

can anyone tell me why it says that the object doesnt support this method?
rs is a db query resultset.
msg is a db field with urlencoded data in it.
------------
if not rs.eof then
do while not rs.eof
response.write(server.urldecode(rs("msg")))
rs.movenext
loop
end if
----------------

Thanks a lot,
Tom

There no such animal as Server.URLDecode. You will need to roll your
own. Perhaps using regular expression.
Jul 19 '05 #2
Url decode is not supported because it is done automaticaly when you pass an
encoded string in a querystring.
If you wish to read an encoded string from somewhere else than
request.querystring you have to implement a decode function like the
following:

function URLDecode(sText)
sDecoded = sText
Set oRegExpr = Server.CreateObject("VBScript.RegExp")
oRegExpr.Pattern = "%[0-9,A-F]{2}"
oRegExpr.Global = True
Set oMatchCollection = oRegExpr.Execute(sText)
For Each oMatch In oMatchCollection
sDecoded = Replace(sDecoded,oMatch.value,Chr(CInt("&H" &
Right(oMatch.Value,2))))
Next
URLDecode = sDecoded
End function

Jul 19 '05 #3

This thread has been closed and replies have been disabled. Please start a new discussion.

Similar topics

by: Yifan | last post by:
Hi I want to use UrlDecode() in C++. I have a Win32 Visual C++ (.NET) project #using <mscorlib.dll #using <System.dll #using <System.Web.dll using namespace System using namespace...
by: João Santa Bárbara | last post by:
hi all is there any replace for the System.Web.HttpUtility.UrlDecode to windows forms ... thks JSB
by: Yifan | last post by:
Hi I want to use UrlDecode() in C++. I have a Visual C++ (.NET) Win32 project #using <mscorlib.dll #using <System.dll #using <System.Web.dll using namespace System using namespace...
by: John Hoge | last post by:
Hi, I need to UrlDecode a string in a simple console application, but I am having trouble accessing Server.UrlDecode, even though System.Web is included. The application pulls a text out of a...
by: John Grandy | last post by:
Does Server.URLDecode() need to be applied to Request.QueryString(<key name>) ?
by: Alex | last post by:
Hi, I UrlEncode a value that I put in my querystring. This value originally contains the character "è", which is UrlEncoded to "%E8". When I try to read the value from the querystring, I find...
by: fjm67 | last post by:
I see Google edited my email address. Lets try this. captonline at yahoo dot com Can you guys help me out please? I need to implement urldecode into a php script and don't know how. Here is...
by: gert | last post by:
This based on a example i found at http://www.cs.tut.fi/~jkorpela/ forms/cgic.html #include <fcgi_stdio.h> #include <stdlib.h> int urldecode(char *src, char *last, char *dest){ int code;...
by: gert | last post by:
Anybody can tell me what i need to import to make urlDecode() work in python2.5 please. import urllib urllib.urlDecode(post) #doesn't exist urllib.urldecode(post) #doesn't exist...
by: ryjfgjl | last post by:
ExcelToDatabase: batch import excel into database automatically...
by: Vimpel783 | last post by:
Hello! Guys, I found this code on the Internet, but I need to modify it a little. It works well, the problem is this: Data is sent from only one cell, in this case B5, but it is necessary that data...
by: jfyes | last post by:
As a hardware engineer, after seeing that CEIWEI recently released a new tool for Modbus RTU Over TCP/UDP filtering and monitoring, I actively went to its official website to take a look. It turned...
by: ArrayDB | last post by:
The error message I've encountered is; ERROR:root:Error generating model response: exception: access violation writing 0x0000000000005140, which seems to be indicative of an access violation...
by: PapaRatzi | last post by:
Hello, I am teaching myself MS Access forms design and Visual Basic. I've created a table to capture a list of Top 30 singles and forms to capture new entries. The final step is a form (unbound)...
by: CloudSolutions | last post by:
Introduction: For many beginners and individual users, requiring a credit card and email registration may pose a barrier when starting to use cloud servers. However, some cloud server providers now...
by: Defcon1945 | last post by:
I'm trying to learn Python using Pycharm but import shutil doesn't work
by: Shællîpôpï 09 | last post by:
If u are using a keypad phone, how do u turn on JavaScript, to access features like WhatsApp, Facebook, Instagram....
by: Faith0G | last post by:
I am starting a new it consulting business and it's been a while since I setup a new website. Is wordpress still the best web based software for hosting a 5 page website? The webpages will be...

By using Bytes.com and it's services, you agree to our Privacy Policy and Terms of Use.

To disable or enable advertisements and analytics tracking please visit the manage ads & tracking page.