473,382 Members | 1,526 Online
Bytes | Software Development & Data Engineering Community
Post Job

Home Posts Topics Members FAQ

Join Bytes and contribute your articles to a community of 473,382 developers and data experts.

Using Tabbed Pages on a Form

NeoPa
32,556 Expert Mod 16PB
Originally posted by Missinglinq:

The first thing to remember is that Tabbed Pages are all part of a single form; think of it as a really long form turned on its side and folded on itself. Because it is all one form, references to contols on any page are done in the same manner as if they were all on one single screen.

Create a form in Design View. Goto the toolbox and click on the Tabbed Control icon; it actually looks like several manila file folders. Place it on your form and adjust the size to your liking. If you need more than the two tabbed pages it initially gives you, click on the tabbed control to select it. Goto Insert and click on Tabbed Control Page and another tabbed page will be added. Do this as many times as neccessary.

This is the really important part: when you go to add a control to a tabbed page, you must first click to select one of the pages, then add the control. Otherwise, the control will be added to the form itself, and will show through on all tabbed pages!
Jan 27 '07 #1
0 7480

Sign in to post your reply or Sign up for a free account.

Similar topics

by: David | last post by:
I have a problem that I cannot delete components that are placed on a Tabbed page in Visual Basic.Net 2003. (OS = Windows 2000 Professional) The form uses a Tab Control with several pages. I have...
by: Heather | last post by:
I know Steve Lebans has code for changing colors of tabs/pages when active but the code is so complex I can't follow it to pick out the parts I need. I just want to make the current page name bold...
by: Mac via DotNetMonster.com | last post by:
Hi all, As some of you would know from my previous posts that I am rewriting our Unix based system into .Net with a MDI interface. Recently I have added a tab control to the top of the MDI...
by: kev | last post by:
Hello, I posted a question a while ago on tabbed pages, how to set it to invisible when the text box is empty.It was answered by Rick and the code ran perfectly. However, i tried using the same...
by: jpmcafee | last post by:
Hi guys, I would like to create 10 tabbed pages with the same checkboxes (form)in each one of them, So what I think I will do is create a tabbed form place 10 tabs accross the top...
by: DNolan | last post by:
Hello, I was wondering if anyone could help me. I have an access form with tabbed pages on it. I would like the colour of the tab name to change when a user inputs information into the fields on...
by: Henry Stockbridge | last post by:
Hi, I have a main form (bio info) with a tab control containing three pages (employment, financial and dependent, respectively.) When I move record to record on the main form, the correct...
by: Wayneyh | last post by:
Hi All My next issue is that i have a form that has a tabbed control on it with 6 pages. I would like to code the tabbed control so that when the user has entered data into the last field on...
by: CloudSolutions | last post by:
Introduction: For many beginners and individual users, requiring a credit card and email registration may pose a barrier when starting to use cloud servers. However, some cloud server providers now...
isladogs
by: isladogs | last post by:
The next Access Europe User Group meeting will be on Wednesday 3 Apr 2024 starting at 18:00 UK time (6PM UTC+1) and finishing by 19:30 (7.30PM). In this session, we are pleased to welcome former...
by: ryjfgjl | last post by:
In our work, we often need to import Excel data into databases (such as MySQL, SQL Server, Oracle) for data analysis and processing. Usually, we use database tools like Navicat or the Excel import...
by: Charles Arthur | last post by:
How do i turn on java script on a villaon, callus and itel keypad mobile phone
by: aa123db | last post by:
Variable and constants Use var or let for variables and const fror constants. Var foo ='bar'; Let foo ='bar';const baz ='bar'; Functions function $name$ ($parameters$) { } ...
by: ryjfgjl | last post by:
If we have dozens or hundreds of excel to import into the database, if we use the excel import function provided by database editors such as navicat, it will be extremely tedious and time-consuming...
by: emmanuelkatto | last post by:
Hi All, I am Emmanuel katto from Uganda. I want to ask what challenges you've faced while migrating a website to cloud. Please let me know. Thanks! Emmanuel
by: nemocccc | last post by:
hello, everyone, I want to develop a software for my android phone for daily needs, any suggestions?
by: Sonnysonu | last post by:
This is the data of csv file 1 2 3 1 2 3 1 2 3 1 2 3 2 3 2 3 3 the lengths should be different i have to store the data by column-wise with in the specific length. suppose the i have to...

By using Bytes.com and it's services, you agree to our Privacy Policy and Terms of Use.

To disable or enable advertisements and analytics tracking please visit the manage ads & tracking page.