473,467 Members | 1,514 Online
Bytes | Software Development & Data Engineering Community
Create Post

Home Posts Topics Members FAQ

db connection without DSN

1,646 Top Contributor
Hello friends, I am facing a problem while doing my project LIBRARY MANAGEMENT in which i have made a database..

DATABASE NAME: sit

DSN NAME: student

Now the problem is after completion of this software when i run it in my own PC ,it works properly bcoz here in ODBC connection i have declared the DSN name//bT whenever i m trying to acces this LIBRARY MANAGEMENT software to otheres PC it says "NO DSN FOUND" thats why i need to mention the DSN name in ODBC connection...

Can anyone pls help me getting out of this problem... ?I want to access my software in any pc without mentioning the DSN name or the path of the database...
If possible pls reply me with suitable codes or examples....
THANKS Sajib
Mar 11 '07 #1
3 1741
willakawill
1,646 Top Contributor
Hi. This is not possible as far as I know. You either hard code the name and path of the database or you use a DSN. If you put the database in the same folder as the app you can hard code the connection to the AppPath.

Gool Luck
Mar 11 '07 #2
sajib
3 New Member
thankx willakawill......bt i dont want to use DSN .can u pls suggest me with an example that how to use jet diver or any other way so that i need not to mention the path while installing it into other computers..THSI IS MY MAIN PROBLEM..AS becoz i have heard that using jet driver one can access the database without mentioning DSN...

THANKX
Mar 14 '07 #3
willakawill
1,646 Top Contributor
Take a look at this example
Mar 14 '07 #4

Sign in to post your reply or Sign up for a free account.

Similar topics

by: Paul Robinson | last post by:
I am developing a website in ASP that connects to a Sybase database. However, when I try to open a connection to the database the page will not load. The script does not timeout, nor the...
by: James | last post by:
We've had a recurring problem where all of a sudden we get a DBMSSOCN General Network Error on any page that connects to SQL Server. Then we have to reboot the server and everything works fine...
by: DB2SQL | last post by:
What would be the best way to obtain a DB2 UDB (major) version for particular DB2 database, preferably by the C language style API. I have to develop a client application that first has to figure...
by: Zlatko Matić | last post by:
Hello. I created a login form that creates connection string (DSN-less) and starts procedure that connects to PostgreSQL server.I didn't know how to connect to server without performing anything...
by: Bala Nagarajan | last post by:
Hello, I am using Oracle 9i in my application and facing a problem with the connection string. In the datasource attribute of the connection string i had to specify an entry in "tnsnames.ora"...
by: Anthony England | last post by:
This is a simple question, which has been debated before, but can I ask it again with reference to a specific example? The question is basically should I close and set to nothing an ADO connection...
by: crbd98 | last post by:
Hello All, Some time ago, I implemented a data access layer that included a simple connectin pool. At the time, I did it all by myself: I created N connections, each connection associated with...
by: fniles | last post by:
I am using VB.NET 2003, SQL 2000, and SqlDataReader. As I read data from tblA, I want to populate tblB. I use SQLDataReader for both tables. I do not use thread. When I ExecuteReader on tblB, I...
by: fniles | last post by:
I am using VS2003 and connecting to MS Access database. When using a connection pooling (every time I open the OLEDBCONNECTION I use the exact matching connection string), 1. how can I know how...
by: Bill Nguyen | last post by:
I have this connection string using ODBC DSN Dim FactorJaco As String = "dsn=jaco;catalog=factor;uid=user;pwd=passord" This requires an ODBC DSN (jaco) at every client PC. I need to use DSN-less...
by: Sonnysonu | last post by:
This is the data of csv file 1 2 3 1 2 3 1 2 3 1 2 3 2 3 2 3 3 the lengths should be different i have to store the data by column-wise with in the specific length. suppose the i have to...
by: Hystou | last post by:
There are some requirements for setting up RAID: 1. The motherboard and BIOS support RAID configuration. 2. The motherboard has 2 or more available SATA protocol SSD/HDD slots (including MSATA, M.2...
marktang
by: marktang | last post by:
ONU (Optical Network Unit) is one of the key components for providing high-speed Internet services. Its primary function is to act as an endpoint device located at the user's premises. However,...
Oralloy
by: Oralloy | last post by:
Hello folks, I am unable to find appropriate documentation on the type promotion of bit-fields when using the generalised comparison operator "<=>". The problem is that using the GNU compilers,...
jinu1996
by: jinu1996 | last post by:
In today's digital age, having a compelling online presence is paramount for businesses aiming to thrive in a competitive landscape. At the heart of this digital strategy lies an intricately woven...
by: Hystou | last post by:
Overview: Windows 11 and 10 have less user interface control over operating system update behaviour than previous versions of Windows. In Windows 11 and 10, there is no way to turn off the Windows...
agi2029
by: agi2029 | last post by:
Let's talk about the concept of autonomous AI software engineers and no-code agents. These AIs are designed to manage the entire lifecycle of a software development project—planning, coding, testing,...
isladogs
by: isladogs | last post by:
The next Access Europe User Group meeting will be on Wednesday 1 May 2024 starting at 18:00 UK time (6PM UTC+1) and finishing by 19:30 (7.30PM). In this session, we are pleased to welcome a new...
by: 6302768590 | last post by:
Hai team i want code for transfer the data from one system to another through IP address by using C# our system has to for every 5mins then we have to update the data what the data is updated ...

By using Bytes.com and it's services, you agree to our Privacy Policy and Terms of Use.

To disable or enable advertisements and analytics tracking please visit the manage ads & tracking page.