473,425 Members | 1,835 Online
Bytes | Software Development & Data Engineering Community
Post Job

Home Posts Topics Members FAQ

Join Bytes and contribute your articles to a community of 473,425 developers and data experts.

One-click Importing Excel Data into a*Database

9 Nibble
In our work, we often need to import Excel data into databases (such as MySQL, SQL Server, Oracle) for data analysis and processing. Usually, we use database tools like Navicat or the Excel import feature in database-specific editors for manual importing.

However, whether you are a professional or non-professional data handler, correctly importing Excel into a database is not always straightforward. Now, through years of practice and utilizing the ExcelToDatabase tool, we have addressed various issues and achieved one-click importing of Excel into databases.

Common Problems with Manual Importing of Excel into Databases:

1.Data length exceeds the set data type length, making it impossible to import.
2.Too many columns in Excel make it impossible to create a table.
3.Incorrect encoding format of CSV files leads to import failure or garbled data.
4.Excel headers contain special characters, making it impossible to create a table.
5.File size is too large, manual import results in memory overflow or slow import.
6.Too many files, manual importing requires too many steps and is extremely cumbersome.
7.Excel lacks headers, or has multi-level headers, which cannot be handled by manual import.
8.Table names or field names exceed the database limits, making it impossible to create a table.
9.Blank cells, leading/trailing spaces in data, duplicate data, missing data, data replacement, etc., cannot be handled by manual import. …

One-click Importing: ExcelToDatabase is an automation tool that can batch import Excel into databases. It supports 6 common formats of Excel files (xls/xlsx/xlsm/xlsb/csv/txt) and 8 types of databases (MySQL/Oracle/SQL Server/PostgreSQL/Access/Hive/SQLite/DM).
Below, we demonstrate importing a product information table into a MySQL database as an example.

Now, let’s use the ExcelToDatabase tool for one-click importing into the database.

Step 1: Create a new database connection Click on the toolbar (New Connection) > Choose your database type. Here, we use MySQL as an example. For creating connections to other databases, please refer to ExcelToDatabase New Connection Guide.

Step 2: Add new configuration

Step 3: Select the file to import, and click Start

Finally, check the import results in the database editor.

Introduction and Download of ExcelToDatabase:

ExcelToDatabase — Automation tool for importing Excel files into databases
4 Weeks Ago #1
0 9653

Sign in to post your reply or Sign up for a free account.

Similar topics

by: Little PussyCat | last post by:
Hello, I nee to write something that will transfer excel data into an SQL Server table. I have for another database application I wrote have it importing Excel spreadsheet data using cell by...
by: Geir Baardsen | last post by:
Hi! From one of my manufacturers I get new prices in an excel spreadsheet. Now I want to import this data to my access db. However, there is a difference: The items in MyAccess.db...
by: Claud Balls | last post by:
I've been butting heads with this code, it always errors at objAdapter1.Fill(objDataTable1) Is oledb the best way to do this? How about ADO.NET? Dim objDataTable1 As DataTable Dim objConn As...
by: Syvman | last post by:
Is there a parameter to set to allow opening Excel file read only while it is already open by another user? I've tried the .mode setting in my connection string to adModeRead, but it still won't...
by: kinda | last post by:
Hi All, I have an Excel spreadsheet that I need to import to Access. I used the DoCmd.TransferSpreadSheet command but the problem I am facing is that all the field names are in Colums A1 to A15 and...
by: ramaraog80 | last post by:
Hi, Is it possible to import data from Excel Sheets to MySql. If possible please reply me with the detail Code ASAP.
by: WODJ | last post by:
Folks, I hope someone out there can please help me, not much hair left with this one. I'm importing excel data into a SQL server database using an Oledb connection in C#. The problemm is that...
by: puremetal33 | last post by:
I have worked very little with Access and have hit a snag. My task right now is to import the data from a spreadsheet into an existing table in an Access database. I edited the .xls file so that...
by: greg | last post by:
Hi, I have a read only access file with a linked table that connects to a sybase database. So I can still add data to the table even though its read only since the table is really in sybase. ...
by: smugcool | last post by:
HI, I am trying to import an excel data. All the fields are geting imported properly. But i am geting error in the date field. I tried to keep the format both in excel and access very similar.But...
by: Sonnysonu | last post by:
This is the data of csv file 1 2 3 1 2 3 1 2 3 1 2 3 2 3 2 3 3 the lengths should be different i have to store the data by column-wise with in the specific length. suppose the i have to...
marktang
by: marktang | last post by:
ONU (Optical Network Unit) is one of the key components for providing high-speed Internet services. Its primary function is to act as an endpoint device located at the user's premises. However,...
Oralloy
by: Oralloy | last post by:
Hello folks, I am unable to find appropriate documentation on the type promotion of bit-fields when using the generalised comparison operator "<=>". The problem is that using the GNU compilers,...
by: Hystou | last post by:
Overview: Windows 11 and 10 have less user interface control over operating system update behaviour than previous versions of Windows. In Windows 11 and 10, there is no way to turn off the Windows...
tracyyun
by: tracyyun | last post by:
Dear forum friends, With the development of smart home technology, a variety of wireless communication protocols have appeared on the market, such as Zigbee, Z-Wave, Wi-Fi, Bluetooth, etc. Each...
agi2029
by: agi2029 | last post by:
Let's talk about the concept of autonomous AI software engineers and no-code agents. These AIs are designed to manage the entire lifecycle of a software development project—planning, coding, testing,...
isladogs
by: isladogs | last post by:
The next Access Europe User Group meeting will be on Wednesday 1 May 2024 starting at 18:00 UK time (6PM UTC+1) and finishing by 19:30 (7.30PM). In this session, we are pleased to welcome a new...
by: TSSRALBI | last post by:
Hello I'm a network technician in training and I need your help. I am currently learning how to create and manage the different types of VPNs and I have a question about LAN-to-LAN VPNs. The...
by: adsilva | last post by:
A Windows Forms form does not have the event Unload, like VB6. What one acts like?

By using Bytes.com and it's services, you agree to our Privacy Policy and Terms of Use.

To disable or enable advertisements and analytics tracking please visit the manage ads & tracking page.