473,549 Members | 2,390 Online
Bytes | Software Development & Data Engineering Community
+ Post

Home Posts Topics Members FAQ

XAMPP and mcrypt

Hi all,
I installed PHP thru the XAMPP package on my windows machine.

The problem, I couldn't solve, is that the mcryppt funcs don't work.
It return the following message:
Call to undefined function mcrypt_decrypt( ) ...

If I write a
<?php
echo ***";
echo function_exists ("mcrypt_decryp t");
echo function_exists ("mcrypt_encryp t");
echo "***";
?>
it return nothing between the six asterisks.

I downloaded the libmcrypt.dll and copied it under c:\windows\syst em32
and erased the ";" in the extension=php_m crypt.dll line.

But it still doesn't work.

Anyone could help me?

Thank you

Jul 17 '05 #1
4 28003
I don't use Windows, let alone XAMPP, but my first-blink question upon
reading this is ...
"libcrypt.d ll" or "php_mcrypt.dll ?" Which one is it supposed to be?

Jul 17 '05 #2
It's a good observation, I didn't noticed it. :-)

Anyway, since, after the installation, it didn't work, I followed the
instructions found on the php.net site
(http://it2.php.net/manual/it/ref.mcrypt.php)

So I downloaded the DLL at http://ftp.emini.dk/pub/php/win32/mcrypt/
and followed the instruction in the README.txt
http://ftp.emini.dk/pub/php/win32/mcrypt/README.txt

The extension_dir, as distributed by XAMPP, there is actually a
php_mcrypt.dll file.

I can interpret it this way.
In the php_mcrypt.dll there the functions I can use in my PHP code,
while in the libcrypt.dll there are the crypt algorytms.

Jul 17 '05 #3
be*******@email .it wrote:
Hi all,
I installed PHP thru the XAMPP package on my windows machine.

The problem, I couldn't solve, is that the mcryppt funcs don't work.
It return the following message:
Call to undefined function mcrypt_decrypt( ) ...

<snip>
<news:11******* *************** @l41g2000cwc.go oglegroups.com> (
http://groups-beta.google.com/group/...77ae082bba11b3
)

--
<?php echo 'Just another PHP saint'; ?>
Email: rrjanbiah-at-Y!com Blog: http://rajeshanbiah.blogspot.com

Jul 17 '05 #4
Problem solved!

I modified the php.ini in the \apachefriends\ xampp\php directory while
I had to modify the one contained in \apachefriends\ xampp\apache\bi n.

Thank you everybody and excuse me if it was a silly problem.

Bye

Jul 18 '05 #5

This thread has been closed and replies have been disabled. Please start a new discussion.

Similar topics

by: Matt McKay | last post by:
I've written a php page which allows users to type in a text string and a key, then choose from a dropdown menu of encryption/decryption cyphers, and a method (encrypt, decrypt). The whole thing works, except the mcrypt command doesn't work. here is my mcrypt command: if ($method == 0) { //Encrypt $output = mcrypt_ecb ($algorithm, $key,...
by: BKDotCom | last post by:
I'm writing an app that will use blowfish encryption.. PHP's mcrypt will be used if available. if not, I'll use PHPmyadmin's blowfish.php library. The problem is I can't figure out what initialization vector blowfish.php is useing (or if that's even my problem). ie, if I encrypt with blowfish.php and decrypt with mcrypt: /* include path...
by: laredotornado | last post by:
Hello, My hosting company does not support the PHP mcrypt functions. Instead, they recomend using the command line, /usr/local/bin/mcrypt utility via PHP's exec method. Sadly, they do not provide any documentation how to do this. How would i translate the following function encryptString($p_str) { $iv_size =...
by: sylvian stone | last post by:
Hi, I'm getting some strange errors that I cannot pin down: Warning: mcrypt_generic_init(): Iv size incorrect; supplied length: 7, needed: 8 in...... This is strange because the data is encrypted, inserted into the databse, then later retrieved and decrypted with the necessary hash and ivector keys.
by: codearcher | last post by:
I have the latest version of XAMPP installed on Windows XP Pro SP2. I am trying to use mcrypt with rijnndael-128 on ecb: " $cr = mcrypt_module_open('rijndael-128','','ecb','') or die('<br><br>Could not open Module<br><br>'); $iv = mcrypt_create_iv(mcrypt_enc_get_iv_size($cr), MCRYPT_RAND) or die('<br><br>Could not create iv<br><br>');...
by: Frances | last post by:
I want to learn PHP.. I know JSP, Servlets, have been using Tomcat for 2 years now, and even though I know there are ways you can use PHP in conjunction with Tomcat, I'd rather not tinker with Tomcat.. I think I'd rather try to do it straight 'from scratch'... following instructions here, http://us2.php.net/tut.php.. so you need both...
by: E. Recio | last post by:
Long story short. I want to use Mac OS/X and PHP. I have a db with passwords stored under Linux using the crypt("foo", "$1$".$salt."$); scheme. This means that crypt should execute a CRYPT_MD5 password hash. I know that Mac OS/X only supports the two DES'. So is there a way I can use mcrypt, or mhash or ANY library to reproduce php's CRYPT_MD5...
by: DavidNorep | last post by:
Hi, I installed basic xampp with the installer from http://www.apachefriends.org/en/xampp-windows.html#524. When I started Apache from the panel, I got a window with the error message: This application has failed to start because php_mbstring.dll was not found. Re-installing ...
by: =?UTF-8?Q?Ahmad_=E3=8B=A1_Baitalmal?= | last post by:
Hi, I'm having a hard time getting python-mcrypt extension to build. I installed libmcrypt with --prefix=/usr and I checked that the library exists -rwxr-xr-x 1 root wheel 352K Sep 19 16:53 /usr/lib/libmcrypt. 4.4.8.dylib* lrwxr-xr-x 1 root wheel 21B Sep 19 16:53 /usr/lib/libmcrypt. 4.dylib@ -libmcrypt.4.4.8.dylib lrwxr-xr-x...
marktang
by: marktang | last post by:
ONU (Optical Network Unit) is one of the key components for providing high-speed Internet services. Its primary function is to act as an endpoint device located at the user's premises. However, people are often confused as to whether an ONU can Work As a Router. In this blog post, we’ll explore What is ONU, What Is Router, ONU & Router’s main...
by: Hystou | last post by:
Most computers default to English, but sometimes we require a different language, especially when relocating. Forgot to request a specific language before your computer shipped? No problem! You can effortlessly switch the default language on Windows 10 without reinstalling. I'll walk you through it. First, let's disable language...
jinu1996
by: jinu1996 | last post by:
In today's digital age, having a compelling online presence is paramount for businesses aiming to thrive in a competitive landscape. At the heart of this digital strategy lies an intricately woven tapestry of website design and digital marketing. It's not merely about having a website; it's about crafting an immersive digital experience that...
by: Hystou | last post by:
Overview: Windows 11 and 10 have less user interface control over operating system update behaviour than previous versions of Windows. In Windows 11 and 10, there is no way to turn off the Windows Update option using the Control Panel or Settings app; it automatically checks for updates and installs any it finds, whether you like it or not. For...
tracyyun
by: tracyyun | last post by:
Dear forum friends, With the development of smart home technology, a variety of wireless communication protocols have appeared on the market, such as Zigbee, Z-Wave, Wi-Fi, Bluetooth, etc. Each protocol has its own unique characteristics and advantages, but as a user who is planning to build a smart home system, I am a bit confused by the...
isladogs
by: isladogs | last post by:
The next Access Europe User Group meeting will be on Wednesday 1 May 2024 starting at 18:00 UK time (6PM UTC+1) and finishing by 19:30 (7.30PM). In this session, we are pleased to welcome a new presenter, Adolph Dupré who will be discussing some powerful techniques for using class modules. He will explain when you may want to use classes...
by: conductexam | last post by:
I have .net C# application in which I am extracting data from word file and save it in database particularly. To store word all data as it is I am converting the whole word file firstly in HTML and then checking html paragraph one by one. At the time of converting from word file to html my equations which are in the word document file was convert...
by: adsilva | last post by:
A Windows Forms form does not have the event Unload, like VB6. What one acts like?
bsmnconsultancy
by: bsmnconsultancy | last post by:
In today's digital era, a well-designed website is crucial for businesses looking to succeed. Whether you're a small business owner or a large corporation in Toronto, having a strong online presence can significantly impact your brand's success. BSMN Consultancy, a leader in Website Development in Toronto offers valuable insights into creating...

By using Bytes.com and it's services, you agree to our Privacy Policy and Terms of Use.

To disable or enable advertisements and analytics tracking please visit the manage ads & tracking page.