473,420 Members | 1,614 Online
Bytes | Software Development & Data Engineering Community
Post Job

Home Posts Topics Members FAQ

Join Bytes to post your question to a community of 473,420 software developers and data experts.

com.mysql.jdbc.MysqlDataTruncation:

I just upgraded to MySQL to 4.1.9 and JDBC
mysql-connector-java-3.1.6-bin.jar and now getting the following Exception:

com.mysql.jdbc.MysqlDataTruncation: Data truncation: Data truncated for
column 'usaCard' at row 1

What causes this exception?

I've set jdbcCompliantTruncation=false for the time being but would like to
understand what causes the Exception

TIA,
Roy
Jul 23 '05 #1
0 4777

This thread has been closed and replies have been disabled. Please start a new discussion.

Similar topics

by: Monica Ferrero | last post by:
Hi! I'm not sure if this is the most adequate mySQL list for this post. If not, please indicat me which one I should use... I'm using Tomcat 4.1.24 with Apache 2 and MySQL 4.0.13. I have the...
by: Robert Mazur | last post by:
MySQL 5.0 alpha (binary install) on Solaris 9 -or- RedHat 8.0 mysql-connector-java-3.0.8-stable ----------------------- Is there something different going on with JDBC and the alpha version...
by: Ike | last post by:
Let's say I have a MySQL 4.12 database, opened to the internet on 111.111.111.111 allowing all incoming and outgoing ports. I have a username and password setup, which CAN connect to this database,...
by: cwho.work | last post by:
Hi! We are using apache ibatis with our MySQL 5.0 database (using innodb tables), in our web application running on Tomcat 5. Recently we started getting a number of errors relating to...
oll3i
by: oll3i | last post by:
my librarybean package library.ejb; import java.sql.*; import javax.ejb.*; import library.common.*; @Stateless @Remote
by: tulika dutta | last post by:
after 8 hrs my MySQL connection with JDBC gets time out. It gives the error java.sql.SQLException: No operations allowed after connection closed.Connection was implicitly closed due to underlying...
by: ajos | last post by:
hi evrybdy, the problem is:- i had this running before in jsp but when i changed the jsp page using struts tags there occoured a problem... when i enter values in the 2 text boxes and click enter...
by: manjava | last post by:
Hello, i have a class java conncet to database mysql when i execute the classe alone so execute but when i want to execute this link on web...
by: emmanuelkatto | last post by:
Hi All, I am Emmanuel katto from Uganda. I want to ask what challenges you've faced while migrating a website to cloud. Please let me know. Thanks! Emmanuel
BarryA
by: BarryA | last post by:
What are the essential steps and strategies outlined in the Data Structures and Algorithms (DSA) roadmap for aspiring data scientists? How can individuals effectively utilize this roadmap to progress...
by: Hystou | last post by:
There are some requirements for setting up RAID: 1. The motherboard and BIOS support RAID configuration. 2. The motherboard has 2 or more available SATA protocol SSD/HDD slots (including MSATA, M.2...
marktang
by: marktang | last post by:
ONU (Optical Network Unit) is one of the key components for providing high-speed Internet services. Its primary function is to act as an endpoint device located at the user's premises. However,...
by: Hystou | last post by:
Most computers default to English, but sometimes we require a different language, especially when relocating. Forgot to request a specific language before your computer shipped? No problem! You can...
Oralloy
by: Oralloy | last post by:
Hello folks, I am unable to find appropriate documentation on the type promotion of bit-fields when using the generalised comparison operator "<=>". The problem is that using the GNU compilers,...
jinu1996
by: jinu1996 | last post by:
In today's digital age, having a compelling online presence is paramount for businesses aiming to thrive in a competitive landscape. At the heart of this digital strategy lies an intricately woven...
tracyyun
by: tracyyun | last post by:
Dear forum friends, With the development of smart home technology, a variety of wireless communication protocols have appeared on the market, such as Zigbee, Z-Wave, Wi-Fi, Bluetooth, etc. Each...
isladogs
by: isladogs | last post by:
The next Access Europe User Group meeting will be on Wednesday 1 May 2024 starting at 18:00 UK time (6PM UTC+1) and finishing by 19:30 (7.30PM). In this session, we are pleased to welcome a new...

By using Bytes.com and it's services, you agree to our Privacy Policy and Terms of Use.

To disable or enable advertisements and analytics tracking please visit the manage ads & tracking page.