473,416 Members | 1,660 Online
Bytes | Software Development & Data Engineering Community
Post Job

Home Posts Topics Members FAQ

Join Bytes to post your question to a community of 473,416 software developers and data experts.

header() problem with Window-target

header("Location: http://$SERVER_NAME/index.php; Window-target: top"");

I am getting a 403 Forbidden upon running this script, which is not what I
wanted. Is there a way I can redirect, but at the same time redirect out of
the frame that the redirection script is located to _top? I don't want to
have to rely on Javascript to do this as this is a foreign site (European)
where Javascript is often turned off.

Thanks
Phil
Jul 16 '05 #1
3 26234
Phil Powell wrote:
header("Location: http://$SERVER_NAME/index.php; Window-target: top"");

I am getting a 403 Forbidden upon running this script, which is not what I
the frame that the redirection script is located to _top?
hehehe, as far as I know: no.

Why don't you go to http://$SERVER_NAME/index.php with
a standard HTML link instead of a server redirect?

<?php
echo "<a href=\"http://$SERVER_NAME/index.php\"
target=\"_top\">index</a>";
?>

hth
I don't want to

Mine is off, and I'm in Europe, and I get mad when I click a link
and a new window pops up(*)!!! When I want a new window
I'll Shift-Click, thank you very much :)

(*) not really: my proxy changes [target="xxx"] to [notarget]
--
"Yes, I'm positive."
"Are you sure?"
"Help, somebody has stolen one of my electrons!"
Two atoms are talking:
Jul 16 '05 #2
"Phil Powell" <so*****@erols.com> writes:
header("Location: http://$SERVER_NAME/index.php; Window-target: top""); ^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^ I am getting a 403 Forbidden upon running this script, which is not what I
What should underlined (Window-target: top) be? I don't think you can do
that (pseudo-javascript?) in HTTP headers.
the frame that the redirection script is located to _top? I don't want to

Just an idea, since it might not fit into your concept of site: use
target="_top" in link (<a href...>) tag, forms, or whereever it can be
used. It should break out of frame, load page on top of existing frameset
(yes, it *can* be another frameset).

HTH.

--
Vedran Krivokuca [mANiaC] :: To contact me, use usenet -at- 3 dot 14 dot net
Jul 16 '05 #3
I had to forget the whole thing and serve up some HTML with a hard-coded
link with target=_top. Very sloppy solution but the only one there is.

Phil

"Vedran Krivokuca" <ne**@3dot14.net> wrote in message
news:wu**********@foo.tweety.net...
"Phil Powell" <so*****@erols.com> writes:
header("Location: http://$SERVER_NAME/index.php; Window-target: top""); ^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^
I am getting a 403 Forbidden upon running this script, which is not what I wanted. Is there a way I can redirect, but at the same time redirect out of
What should underlined (Window-target: top) be? I don't think you can do
that (pseudo-javascript?) in HTTP headers.
the frame that the redirection script is located to _top? I don't want

to have to rely on Javascript to do this as this is a foreign site (European) where Javascript is often turned off.

Just an idea, since it might not fit into your concept of site: use
target="_top" in link (<a href...>) tag, forms, or whereever it can be
used. It should break out of frame, load page on top of existing frameset
(yes, it *can* be another frameset).

HTH.

--
Vedran Krivokuca [mANiaC] :: To contact me, use usenet -at- 3 dot 14 dot

net
Jul 16 '05 #4

This thread has been closed and replies have been disabled. Please start a new discussion.

Similar topics

by: maxx | last post by:
Hi, I want use the header authentification (HTTP/PHP module), and i've a big problem for to get the varaibles 'PHP_AUTH-*". This is my source code :...
by: Slash | last post by:
I often do a lot of text-mode programming in Linux and wanted to use colors in text mode, and found the ncurses library needlessly complex for small applications. So I wrote my own little header to...
by: Karthik | last post by:
When I try to compile my VC++ program (am Using VS6.0). I get the following error in a header file ATLCONV.H. c:\program files\microsoft visual studio\vc98\atl\include\atlconv.h(52) : error...
by: Alan Silver | last post by:
Hello, If I have a control in the header template of a repeater, how do I get at this in code? I know how to do this for an ItemTemplate, you just do... txtFred =...
by: Dan V. | last post by:
Does anyone know why the header looks correct in IE 6.0 and not Firefox 1.07? I am trying to have a header that looks good when you expand it wider and smaller. In other words when you shrink...
by: patelbrijeshn | last post by:
Hi , I want to display a huge table. So I want to make the table header visible on the screen even as the user scrolls the window. I am using div tag to create the floating table header. Here is...
by: 2291980 | last post by:
Hello can any body tell me the dff between function redirect($url) { echo "<script>"; echo "window.location='".$url."'"; echo "</script>";
ak1dnar
by: ak1dnar | last post by:
Hi, I am creating script to download some files using download dialog box.First time i tried to use ajax for this, but i failed. So i went through this way, By Using this function i am going to...
by: rohini | last post by:
Dear friends, In the popup window i am using the header for downloading the files. I call the popup window in one directory say for example: /sample/download/popup.php In the...
by: kelvinwebdesigner | last post by:
Hi everybody. Im currently developing an application where users can upload files and later get acess to the url. Im now having this trouble with header Cannot modify header information – headers...
by: emmanuelkatto | last post by:
Hi All, I am Emmanuel katto from Uganda. I want to ask what challenges you've faced while migrating a website to cloud. Please let me know. Thanks! Emmanuel
BarryA
by: BarryA | last post by:
What are the essential steps and strategies outlined in the Data Structures and Algorithms (DSA) roadmap for aspiring data scientists? How can individuals effectively utilize this roadmap to progress...
by: nemocccc | last post by:
hello, everyone, I want to develop a software for my android phone for daily needs, any suggestions?
by: Hystou | last post by:
There are some requirements for setting up RAID: 1. The motherboard and BIOS support RAID configuration. 2. The motherboard has 2 or more available SATA protocol SSD/HDD slots (including MSATA, M.2...
by: Hystou | last post by:
Overview: Windows 11 and 10 have less user interface control over operating system update behaviour than previous versions of Windows. In Windows 11 and 10, there is no way to turn off the Windows...
tracyyun
by: tracyyun | last post by:
Dear forum friends, With the development of smart home technology, a variety of wireless communication protocols have appeared on the market, such as Zigbee, Z-Wave, Wi-Fi, Bluetooth, etc. Each...
agi2029
by: agi2029 | last post by:
Let's talk about the concept of autonomous AI software engineers and no-code agents. These AIs are designed to manage the entire lifecycle of a software development project—planning, coding, testing,...
isladogs
by: isladogs | last post by:
The next Access Europe User Group meeting will be on Wednesday 1 May 2024 starting at 18:00 UK time (6PM UTC+1) and finishing by 19:30 (7.30PM). In this session, we are pleased to welcome a new...
by: conductexam | last post by:
I have .net C# application in which I am extracting data from word file and save it in database particularly. To store word all data as it is I am converting the whole word file firstly in HTML and...

By using Bytes.com and it's services, you agree to our Privacy Policy and Terms of Use.

To disable or enable advertisements and analytics tracking please visit the manage ads & tracking page.