473,397 Members | 1,961 Online
Bytes | Software Development & Data Engineering Community
Post Job

Home Posts Topics Members FAQ

Join Bytes to post your question to a community of 473,397 software developers and data experts.

I ran into this problem on my Windows 2000 system with SQL Server 2000
installed when I was using the Data Link Properties box to setup a
connection string. It would happen when I tried to view or refresh the
list of servers present.

I re-installed SQL Server 2000 and upgraded to MDAC 2.8, neither of
which helped. After searching some more, I finally found the following
article:

http://support.microsoft.com/kb/232060/

One of the instructions was to disable anti-virus and disk security
software which I had not thought to do. I'm running Norton Firewall
which I've found in the past does tend to interfere with things if it
hasn't recognized a program yet so I disabled it and was finally able
to view the list. When I re-enabled the firewall, it recognized the
necessary components and everything works great now.

I thought I'd post this for reference since I notice that many other
people have run into the same problem.

Andrew Comeau
http://www.drewslair.com

Aug 20 '05 #1
0 4609

This thread has been closed and replies have been disabled. Please start a new discussion.

Similar topics

by: bill_hounslow | last post by:
I'm trying to transfer data from one Sql Server into a table on another, using a simple INSERT query in an Access database with links to tables on both servers (the reasons for this are complicated...
by: Mark Rae | last post by:
Hi, Can anyone please tell me how I can retrieve a list of servers and workstations names on the current domain? I'm not particularly interested about what type of machine they are, just their...
by: Michael C | last post by:
Hi all, I am currently using a Win32 API call to NetServerEnum to enumerate all SQL Servers on an NT Domain. The function returns the names of all servers running SQL Server on the network, but...
by: Michael C | last post by:
Hi all, After a lot of research, I've come to some realizations about enumerating Named Instances of MSDE. NetServerEnum() Win32 API function doesn't work, SQL-DMO doesn't work, no standard...
by: Nathan Alden | last post by:
I've already searched Google. I've already asked people in IRC. I have still not found a solution that works for me for this extremely discouraging apparent bug in the SmtpMail class. ...
by: campwes | last post by:
Hey, all! We're having trouble displaying SQL Server data in a web site as XML, using a transform. The query is a simple SELECT statement. When running the query, we get the following error from...
by: Ken Allen | last post by:
Is there a native .Net mechanism for enumerating a list of all of the servers/systems in a LAN? Or must I resort to a Win32 call to achieve this? -ken
by: smart.bug | last post by:
hi, i have SQLserver properly running on my machine, when i open a project in VB.Net and add a SQLConnection object, while setting its connection string (when i click on combo box to choose data...
by: sirfsaif | last post by:
I have three servers and each server has separate MySQL and DB. For instance I have common DB i.e. store on all the three servers i.e web1, web2 and web3. I m running a query in DB store on...
by: emmanuelkatto | last post by:
Hi All, I am Emmanuel katto from Uganda. I want to ask what challenges you've faced while migrating a website to cloud. Please let me know. Thanks! Emmanuel
BarryA
by: BarryA | last post by:
What are the essential steps and strategies outlined in the Data Structures and Algorithms (DSA) roadmap for aspiring data scientists? How can individuals effectively utilize this roadmap to progress...
by: nemocccc | last post by:
hello, everyone, I want to develop a software for my android phone for daily needs, any suggestions?
by: Sonnysonu | last post by:
This is the data of csv file 1 2 3 1 2 3 1 2 3 1 2 3 2 3 2 3 3 the lengths should be different i have to store the data by column-wise with in the specific length. suppose the i have to...
by: Hystou | last post by:
There are some requirements for setting up RAID: 1. The motherboard and BIOS support RAID configuration. 2. The motherboard has 2 or more available SATA protocol SSD/HDD slots (including MSATA, M.2...
by: Hystou | last post by:
Overview: Windows 11 and 10 have less user interface control over operating system update behaviour than previous versions of Windows. In Windows 11 and 10, there is no way to turn off the Windows...
tracyyun
by: tracyyun | last post by:
Dear forum friends, With the development of smart home technology, a variety of wireless communication protocols have appeared on the market, such as Zigbee, Z-Wave, Wi-Fi, Bluetooth, etc. Each...
agi2029
by: agi2029 | last post by:
Let's talk about the concept of autonomous AI software engineers and no-code agents. These AIs are designed to manage the entire lifecycle of a software development project—planning, coding, testing,...
isladogs
by: isladogs | last post by:
The next Access Europe User Group meeting will be on Wednesday 1 May 2024 starting at 18:00 UK time (6PM UTC+1) and finishing by 19:30 (7.30PM). In this session, we are pleased to welcome a new...

By using Bytes.com and it's services, you agree to our Privacy Policy and Terms of Use.

To disable or enable advertisements and analytics tracking please visit the manage ads & tracking page.