473,387 Members | 1,489 Online
Bytes | Software Development & Data Engineering Community
Post Job

Home Posts Topics Members FAQ

Join Bytes to post your question to a community of 473,387 software developers and data experts.

ScriptEngine threw exception 'C0000005'

Hello,

I'm receving the following on my webserver (Windows 2003 Server SP1)

Event ID: 5
Source: Active Server Pages
Error: File /KQShopping/ordercomplete4.asp Script Engine Exception. A ScriptEngine threw exception 'C0000005' in 'IActiveScriptParse::ParseScriptText()' from 'CActiveScriptEngine::AddScriptlet()'..

Error: File /KQShopping/ordercomplete4.asp Script Engine Exception. A ScriptEngine threw exception 'C0000005' in 'IActiveScriptProperty::SetProperty' from 'CActiveScriptEngine::Init()'..

and i'm getting the same on other pages. How can I determine whats causing this issue? Will a simple err catch tell me? This site was developed by another company about 6 years ago and I just took it over about a year ago. We just switched to the new server so this is the first I've seen these errors. Any ideas?

Thanks,

--
David Lozzi
Web Applications Developer
dlozzi@(remove-this)delphi-ts.com

Aug 23 '05 #1
3 19828
I've never seen these errors, but here's a possibility from www.eventid.net:

- "Script Engine Exception. A ScriptEngine threw expection 'C0000005' in 'IActiveScript::SetScriptState()' from 'CActiveScriptEngine::ResetToUninitialized()'.." - From a newsgroup post: "The failure is in VBScript.dll, but the cause of the failure is that something else has corrupted Thread Local Storage (TLS) and VBScript is failing during initialization. It is most likely a com object that has failed previously and left trash behind. To get rid of the error update VBScript to the latest build (msdn.microsoft.com/scripting) and get the latest MDAC (www.microsoft.com/data)"
Here's a Google search result:
http://groups.google.com/groups?hl=e...ff&qt_s=Search

Bob Barrows
--
Microsoft MVP -- ASP/ASP.NET
Please reply to the newsgroup. The email account listed in my From header is my spam trap, so I don't check it very often. You will get a quicker response by posting to the newsgroup.
"David Lozzi" <dlozzi@(remove)delphi-ts.com> wrote in message news:%2***************@TK2MSFTNGP10.phx.gbl...
Hello,

Error: File /KQShopping/ordercomplete4.asp Script Engine Exception. A ScriptEngine threw exception 'C0000005' in 'IActiveScriptParse::ParseScriptText()' from 'CActiveScriptEngine::AddScriptlet()'..

Error: File /KQShopping/ordercomplete4.asp Script Engine Exception. A ScriptEngine threw exception 'C0000005' in 'IActiveScriptProperty::SetProperty' from 'CActiveScriptEngine::Init()'..

and i'm getting the same on other pages. How can I determine whats causing this issue? Will a simple err catch tell me? This site was developed by another company about 6 years ago and I just took it over about a year ago. We just switched to the new server so this is the first I've seen these errors. Any ideas?

Thanks,

--
David Lozzi

Aug 23 '05 #2
There doesnt appear to be any script updates available for download for Windows Server 2003. Or am I missing it?

And according to the MDAC checker MDAC 2.8 SP2 is installed....

--
David Lozzi

"Bob Barrows [MVP]" <re******@NOyahoo.SPAMcom> wrote in message news:uH****************@TK2MSFTNGP15.phx.gbl...

- "Script Engine Exception. A ScriptEngine threw expection 'C0000005' in 'IActiveScript::SetScriptState()' from 'CActiveScriptEngine::ResetToUninitialized()'.." - From a newsgroup post: "The failure is in VBScript.dll, but the cause of the failure is that something else has corrupted Thread Local Storage (TLS) and VBScript is failing during initialization. It is most likely a com object that has failed previously and left trash behind. To get rid of the error update VBScript to the latest build (msdn.microsoft.com/scripting) and get the latest MDAC (www.microsoft.com/data)"

Bob Barrows
--
Please reply to the newsgroup. The email account listed in my From header is my spam trap, so I don't check it very often. You will get a quicker response by posting to the newsgroup.
"David Lozzi" <dlozzi@(remove)delphi-ts.com> wrote in message news:%2***************@TK2MSFTNGP10.phx.gbl...
Hello,

Thanks,

--
David Lozzi

Aug 23 '05 #3
Well, then, that's probably not the issue. You might try the ..inetserver.iis group ...

--
"David Lozzi" <dlozzi@(remove)delphi-ts.com> wrote in message news:uH***************@TK2MSFTNGP14.phx.gbl...
There doesnt appear to be any script updates available for download for Windows Server 2003. Or am I missing it?

And according to the MDAC checker MDAC 2.8 SP2 is installed....

--
David Lozzi

"Bob Barrows [MVP]" <re******@NOyahoo.SPAMcom> wrote in message news:uH****************@TK2MSFTNGP15.phx.gbl...

Bob Barrows
--
Hello,

Thanks,

--
David Lozzi

Aug 23 '05 #4

This thread has been closed and replies have been disabled. Please start a new discussion.