473,425 Members | 1,842 Online
Bytes | Software Development & Data Engineering Community
Post Job

Home Posts Topics Members FAQ

Join Bytes to post your question to a community of 473,425 software developers and data experts.

Javascript and CScript

Can I execute javascript file with CScript.exe under windows like we
use VBScript ? If yes, can someone give post an example.

Thanks
Sandeep

Oct 7 '05 #1
1 12113

Sandeeo wrote:
Can I execute javascript file with CScript.exe under windows like we
use VBScript ?
Yes.
If yes, can someone give post an example.

HelloWorld.js has content

WScript.Echo('Kibology for all.');

Run with
cscript HelloWorld.js
from the command line.

Docs are here:
<http://msdn.microsoft.com/library/default.asp?url=/library/en-us/script56/html/wsoriWindowsScriptHost.asp>
They are also available for download.
--

Martin Honnen
http://JavaScript.FAQTs.com/
Oct 7 '05 #2

This thread has been closed and replies have been disabled. Please start a new discussion.

Similar topics

by: Dr John Stockton | last post by:
The following DOS prompt command line, in a Win98 DOS box, cscript //nologo ~tmp.js executes file ~tmp.js as javascript/Jscript. The following batch file, similarly run, executes the same....
by: Vladimir Veytsel | last post by:
Please find at the link below samples of JavaScript programming techniques along with several useful fully-functional JavaScripts. http://www.davar.net/INTERNET/JAVA-SCR/JAVA-SCR.HTM ...
by: MStepansky | last post by:
Whats the difference between Javascript and Java3D? I mean can Javascript do like Java3D can? Or is Java3D on top of Javascript (the core, if thats what it is)? Then I should learn Javascript...
by: Tomasz Chmielewski | last post by:
I have a program written in JavaScript. I start it under Windows with "cscript program.js". I would like to modify it, but unfortunately, I don't know JavaScript much. So I imagined this...
by: RC | last post by:
I wrote many JavaScripts, they can only run in a browser (Netscape, IE, Firefox, etc.) I am wonder how can I run the JavaScript in the command line (UNIX/LINUX, Windows)? Similar we can run Perl,...
by: chakriroxx | last post by:
hi all, i want to run some javascript file from command line. On searching the net i came to know that we can do it by using cscript.exe or with wscript.exe. 1. can some one provide me some...
by: shailendra deshpande | last post by:
right now i have only pain html page.and i want to send email through it using javascript plz. anybody tell me how to send email from plain html page using javascript. thanks in advance ...
by: Patient Guy | last post by:
Which is the better approach in working with Javascript? 1. Server side processing: Web server gets form input, runs it into the Javascript module, and PHP collects the output for document prep....
by: lorlarz | last post by:
Crockford's JavaScript, The Good Parts (a book review). This shall perhaps be the world's shortest book review (for one of the world's shortests books). I like Douglas Crockford (because I am a...
by: emmanuelkatto | last post by:
Hi All, I am Emmanuel katto from Uganda. I want to ask what challenges you've faced while migrating a website to cloud. Please let me know. Thanks! Emmanuel
BarryA
by: BarryA | last post by:
What are the essential steps and strategies outlined in the Data Structures and Algorithms (DSA) roadmap for aspiring data scientists? How can individuals effectively utilize this roadmap to progress...
by: nemocccc | last post by:
hello, everyone, I want to develop a software for my android phone for daily needs, any suggestions?
marktang
by: marktang | last post by:
ONU (Optical Network Unit) is one of the key components for providing high-speed Internet services. Its primary function is to act as an endpoint device located at the user's premises. However,...
by: Hystou | last post by:
Most computers default to English, but sometimes we require a different language, especially when relocating. Forgot to request a specific language before your computer shipped? No problem! You can...
by: Hystou | last post by:
Overview: Windows 11 and 10 have less user interface control over operating system update behaviour than previous versions of Windows. In Windows 11 and 10, there is no way to turn off the Windows...
tracyyun
by: tracyyun | last post by:
Dear forum friends, With the development of smart home technology, a variety of wireless communication protocols have appeared on the market, such as Zigbee, Z-Wave, Wi-Fi, Bluetooth, etc. Each...
agi2029
by: agi2029 | last post by:
Let's talk about the concept of autonomous AI software engineers and no-code agents. These AIs are designed to manage the entire lifecycle of a software development project—planning, coding, testing,...
by: conductexam | last post by:
I have .net C# application in which I am extracting data from word file and save it in database particularly. To store word all data as it is I am converting the whole word file firstly in HTML and...

By using Bytes.com and it's services, you agree to our Privacy Policy and Terms of Use.

To disable or enable advertisements and analytics tracking please visit the manage ads & tracking page.