473,326 Members | 2,255 Online
Bytes | Software Development & Data Engineering Community
Post Job

Home Posts Topics Members FAQ

Join Bytes to post your question to a community of 473,326 software developers and data experts.

A string literal was expected, but no opening quote character was

I am trying to display just XML in aspx page. To display only XML I removed
all html tags in aspx page and writing xml using response.write. This works
fine in Dev.Once we move it to production where we use SSL am I am getting 'A
string literal was expected, but no opening quote character was found'. This
is because it is talking our double quotes for attributes. Any idea how to
resolve this issue.

Thanks

Nrao
Nov 12 '05 #1
1 11534

In the IIS manager

Step 1: Run inetmgr
Step 2: Go down the tree of your machine to the Default Web Site
Step 3: Right Click on the web application you are developing
Step 4: Click on Properties
Step 5: Change the setting of Execute permission to Scripts and
Executables
Sincerely,

Yehuda Herman,
MS in Software Engineering
Monmouth University, West Long Branch, NJ
--
YudiHerman
------------------------------------------------------------------------
YudiHerman's Profile: http://www.hightechtalks.com/m333
View this thread: http://www.hightechtalks.com/t355908

Nov 2 '06 #2

This thread has been closed and replies have been disabled. Please start a new discussion.

Similar topics

by: Don Starr | last post by:
When applied to a string literal, is the sizeof operator supposed to return the size of the string (including nul), or the size of a pointer? For example, assuming a char is 1 byte and a char *...
by: Steve Litvack | last post by:
Hello, I have built an XMLDocument object instance and I get the following string when I examine the InnerXml property: <?xml version=\"1.0\"?><ROOT><UserData UserID=\"2282\"><Tag1...
by: Guadala Harry | last post by:
I need to place the following into a string... How can I properly escape the % " / < and > characters? <table width="100%" border="0" cellspacing="0" cellpadding="4px" class="hfAll"></Table> ...
by: gthorpe | last post by:
Hi, I have a question about string constants. I compile the following program: #include <stdio.h> #include <string.h> int main(void) { char str1 = "\007";
by: sushweta8 | last post by:
Hi, technology:ASP, backend: sql server I'm trying to present the sql query results in XML on my asp page, but i get an alert box saying XML: a string literal was expected, but no opening...
by: sushweta8 | last post by:
Hi, I am using technology:ASP with backend: sql server I'm trying to get the sql query results in XML on my asp page, after a while or so, but i get an alert box saying XML: a string...
by: xmllmx | last post by:
It seems true, but I can't find any exact statement on this in the C or C++ standard. The C and C++ standard states: "__FILE_ The presumed name of the source file (a character string...
by: somenath | last post by:
Hi All, I was going through one piece of code which is written by an experience programmer and it is working fine. But I think the use of "strstr" is not proper because it may show undefined...
by: rajmohan.h | last post by:
Hi all, Suppose I have a string which contains quotes inside quotes - single and double quotes interchangeably - s = "a1' b1 " c1' d1 ' c2" b2 'a2" I need to start at b1 and end at b2 - i.e. I...
by: DolphinDB | last post by:
Tired of spending countless mintues downsampling your data? Look no further! In this article, you’ll learn how to efficiently downsample 6.48 billion high-frequency records to 61 million...
by: ryjfgjl | last post by:
ExcelToDatabase: batch import excel into database automatically...
isladogs
by: isladogs | last post by:
The next Access Europe meeting will be on Wednesday 6 Mar 2024 starting at 18:00 UK time (6PM UTC) and finishing at about 19:15 (7.15PM). In this month's session, we are pleased to welcome back...
isladogs
The next Access Europe meeting will be on Wednesday 6 Mar 2024 starting at 18:00 UK time (6PM UTC) and finishing at about 19:15 (7.15PM). In this month's session, we are pleased to welcome back...
by: ArrayDB | last post by:
The error message I've encountered is; ERROR:root:Error generating model response: exception: access violation writing 0x0000000000005140, which seems to be indicative of an access violation...
by: CloudSolutions | last post by:
Introduction: For many beginners and individual users, requiring a credit card and email registration may pose a barrier when starting to use cloud servers. However, some cloud server providers now...
by: Defcon1945 | last post by:
I'm trying to learn Python using Pycharm but import shutil doesn't work
by: Faith0G | last post by:
I am starting a new it consulting business and it's been a while since I setup a new website. Is wordpress still the best web based software for hosting a 5 page website? The webpages will be...
isladogs
The next Access Europe User Group meeting will be on Wednesday 3 Apr 2024 starting at 18:00 UK time (6PM UTC+1) and finishing by 19:30 (7.30PM). In this session, we are pleased to welcome former...

By using Bytes.com and it's services, you agree to our Privacy Policy and Terms of Use.

To disable or enable advertisements and analytics tracking please visit the manage ads & tracking page.