473,395 Members | 1,442 Online
Bytes | Software Development & Data Engineering Community
Post Job

Home Posts Topics Members FAQ

Join Bytes to post your question to a community of 473,395 software developers and data experts.

DB2 Runtime Client

Hi,
I am new to IBM DB2 Databse.
Where can i get a download of the IBM DB2 Runtime Client
I am using DB2 Ver 8.1.4 for on Windows 2000 Server.

Also, is DB2 Connect the same as DB2 Runtime Client.

Thanks in Advance
Arnie
Nov 12 '05 #1
2 24333
On Sat, 27 Nov 2004 09:58:57 UTC, ar********@hotmail.com (Arnie)
wrote:
Hi,

Thanks in Advance
Arnie
Try the IBM ftp site
ftp://ftp.software.ibm.com/ps/produc...client/runtime

--
Lorne Sunley
Nov 12 '05 #2
"Arnie" <ar********@hotmail.com> wrote in message
news:29**************************@posting.google.c om...
Hi,

Thanks in Advance
Arnie

The DB2 clients (Runtime, Admin, and Application development) are free and
not the same as DB2 Connect. DB2 Connect is needed (or at least the license
is needed) when accessing a DB2 server on AS/400 or OS/390 from the DB2
Client. DB2 Connect is not needed to connect to DB2 for Linux, UNIX, or
Windows servers.

I would install the Fixpak 6a client (the last fixpak for version 8.1). The
Windows client fixpaks are full installs and do not require the base code
installed first.

Fixpak 7a is for version 8.2 and may not be compatible with your version 8.1
server.
http://www-306.ibm.com/software/data...ownloadv8.html
Nov 12 '05 #3

This thread has been closed and replies have been disabled. Please start a new discussion.

Similar topics

by: sea | last post by:
I am unable to find the website where I can download the admin and runtime clients for 8.1 workgroup edition -- help please! Thank you again!
by: Raquel | last post by:
How do I know whether the 'runtime client' and the 'application development client' are installed on my machine? When I issue the command "db2licm -l", it gives the following output: Product...
by: sea | last post by:
Does a type 4 driver need a runtime client installed on each client computer? Thank you very much
by: Thomasb | last post by:
Hi! Has anyone managed to install DB2 Runtime Client Lite (part of Stinger)? I have tried on different machines with diffrent versions of Windows and it always ends up with "The DB2 Setyp...
by: Jae | last post by:
I've been having major problems installing Linux Runtime on slackware, but i think im close. My current problem is strange and I've searched the net and found very little im getting the error when...
by: Burkhard Schultheis | last post by:
There are two packages for download (Linux): DB2 9 client (240 MB) DB2 runtime client (105 MB) What's the difference? Regards, Burkhard -- A: Weil es die Lesbarkeit des Textes...
by: rjha94 | last post by:
Hi I just installed the runtime client on my windows machine. when i go inside the SQLLIB\bin folder i can see db2.exe. is it possible to use this db2 bundled with runtime client for command line...
by: Jean-Marc Blaise | last post by:
Hi, I've been trying for 2 hours to install in silent mode a DB2 9 runtime client. Why didn't you make this process as simple as for the CLIENT install ? It is not the same setup command, you...
by: Scav | last post by:
Helpful folks, We recently upgraded DB2 V7 to V8 on Windows 2003 Enterprise Edition. The plan is to migrate to V9 as soon as possible. In anticipation of that migration, IT management has...
by: ryjfgjl | last post by:
If we have dozens or hundreds of excel to import into the database, if we use the excel import function provided by database editors such as navicat, it will be extremely tedious and time-consuming...
by: emmanuelkatto | last post by:
Hi All, I am Emmanuel katto from Uganda. I want to ask what challenges you've faced while migrating a website to cloud. Please let me know. Thanks! Emmanuel
BarryA
by: BarryA | last post by:
What are the essential steps and strategies outlined in the Data Structures and Algorithms (DSA) roadmap for aspiring data scientists? How can individuals effectively utilize this roadmap to progress...
marktang
by: marktang | last post by:
ONU (Optical Network Unit) is one of the key components for providing high-speed Internet services. Its primary function is to act as an endpoint device located at the user's premises. However,...
by: Hystou | last post by:
Most computers default to English, but sometimes we require a different language, especially when relocating. Forgot to request a specific language before your computer shipped? No problem! You can...
Oralloy
by: Oralloy | last post by:
Hello folks, I am unable to find appropriate documentation on the type promotion of bit-fields when using the generalised comparison operator "<=>". The problem is that using the GNU compilers,...
jinu1996
by: jinu1996 | last post by:
In today's digital age, having a compelling online presence is paramount for businesses aiming to thrive in a competitive landscape. At the heart of this digital strategy lies an intricately woven...
by: Hystou | last post by:
Overview: Windows 11 and 10 have less user interface control over operating system update behaviour than previous versions of Windows. In Windows 11 and 10, there is no way to turn off the Windows...
tracyyun
by: tracyyun | last post by:
Dear forum friends, With the development of smart home technology, a variety of wireless communication protocols have appeared on the market, such as Zigbee, Z-Wave, Wi-Fi, Bluetooth, etc. Each...

By using Bytes.com and it's services, you agree to our Privacy Policy and Terms of Use.

To disable or enable advertisements and analytics tracking please visit the manage ads & tracking page.