473,414 Members | 1,944 Online
Bytes | Software Development & Data Engineering Community
Post Job

Home Posts Topics Members FAQ

Join Bytes to post your question to a community of 473,414 software developers and data experts.

SaveAsText syntax

Anyone know where can I get the correct syntax for the SaveAsText function.
I found it once but can't now.

The one commonly seen is not correct

SaveAsText acForm, "FormName", "FileToSaveTo"

The last two args are fine but the acForm is wrong. I thought it was a
number from 2 to 6
Query 2
Form 3
Report 4
Script 5
Module 6

But the problem I posted earlier is throwing some doubt on this. I know the
intrinsic constants acForm, acReport etc don't work as they always generate
an error.

Jeff
Nov 12 '05 #1
3 12187
"Jeff Pritchard" <je************@asken.com.au> wrote in news:XpMnb.519
$_********@news.optus.net.au:
Anyone know where can I get the correct syntax for the SaveAsText function.
I found it once but can't now.

number from 2 to 6
Query 2
Form 3
Report 4
Script 5
Module 6

But the problem I posted earlier is throwing some doubt on this. I know the
intrinsic constants acForm, acReport etc don't work as they always generate
an error.

Jeff

Open any module. Click on the object browser in the standard tool bar. Right
click in the dialog whcih is opened. Select "Show Hidden Members". Click
(Turn on). In the search box type "SaveAsText"

In AccessXP I am rewarded with:

Sub SaveAsText(ObjectType As AcObjectType, ObjectName As String, FileName As
String)
Member of Access.Application

Double Click on AcObjectType. The values of the AcObjectType enumeration will
be shown.
AcForm is 2. All of your values are one too great.

--
Lyle
(for e-mail refer to http://ffdba.com/contacts.htm)
Nov 12 '05 #2
Thanks Lyle. Not sure what happened here but after leaving the computer,
having some dinner and reading your post it was obvious. Can't see the trees
for the forest.

Jeff

"Lyle Fairfield" <Mi************@Invalid.Com> wrote in message
news:Xn*******************@130.133.1.4...
"Jeff Pritchard" <je************@asken.com.au> wrote in news:XpMnb.519
$_********@news.optus.net.au:
Anyone know where can I get the correct syntax for the SaveAsText function. I found it once but can't now.

number from 2 to 6
Query 2
Form 3
Report 4
Script 5
Module 6

But the problem I posted earlier is throwing some doubt on this. I know the intrinsic constants acForm, acReport etc don't work as they always generate an error.

Jeff
Open any module. Click on the object browser in the standard tool bar.

Right click in the dialog whcih is opened. Select "Show Hidden Members". Click
(Turn on). In the search box type "SaveAsText"

In AccessXP I am rewarded with:

Sub SaveAsText(ObjectType As AcObjectType, ObjectName As String, FileName As String)
Member of Access.Application

Double Click on AcObjectType. The values of the AcObjectType enumeration will be shown.
AcForm is 2. All of your values are one too great.

--
Lyle

Nov 12 '05 #3
"Jeff Pritchard" <je************@asken.com.au> wrote in
news:F2*****************@news.optus.net.au:
Thanks Lyle. Not sure what happened here but after leaving the
computer, having some dinner and reading your post it was obvious. Can't
see the trees for the forest.

Jeff

After three beers all VBA procedures are beautiful.

--
Lyle
Nov 12 '05 #4

This thread has been closed and replies have been disabled. Please start a new discussion.

Similar topics

by: mike420 | last post by:
I think everyone who used Python will agree that its syntax is the best thing going for it. It is very readable and easy for everyone to learn. But, Python does not a have very good macro...
by: Tuang | last post by:
I'm checking out Python as a candidate for replacing Perl as my "Swiss Army knife" tool. The longer I can remember the syntax for performing a task, the more likely I am to use it on the spot if...
by: Sandy Norton | last post by:
If we are going to be stuck with @decorators for 2.4, then how about using blocks and indentation to elminate repetition and increase readability: Example 1 --------- class Klass: def...
by: George Sakkis | last post by:
I'm sure there must have been a past thread about this topic but I don't know how to find it: How about extending the "for <X> in" syntax so that X can include default arguments ? This would be very...
by: Nicolas Fleury | last post by:
Hi everyone, I would to know what do you think of this PEP. Any comment welcomed (even about English mistakes). PEP: XXX Title: Specialization Syntax Version: $Revision: 1.10 $...
by: Jeff Pritchard | last post by:
Has anybody had a problem with the SaveAsText function causing an error 'you cancelled the previous operation'. I have some code that was previously working fine, but now is giving this error. I am...
by: lauren quantrell | last post by:
Wondering if anyone has already written a snippet that will loop through every form, report, module in an ADP application and do application.SaveAsText on each item.
by: Richard Beacroft | last post by:
Trying to write a C# Windows App to export all objects and content from 2 MSAccess 97 databases for comparison analysis. very little documentation found. Have managed to instantiate MSAccess,...
by: Manuel | last post by:
I'm trying to compile glut 3.7.6 (dowbloaded from official site)using devc++. So I've imported the glut32.dsp into devc++, included manually some headers, and start to compile. It return a very...
BarryA
by: BarryA | last post by:
What are the essential steps and strategies outlined in the Data Structures and Algorithms (DSA) roadmap for aspiring data scientists? How can individuals effectively utilize this roadmap to progress...
by: Sonnysonu | last post by:
This is the data of csv file 1 2 3 1 2 3 1 2 3 1 2 3 2 3 2 3 3 the lengths should be different i have to store the data by column-wise with in the specific length. suppose the i have to...
by: Hystou | last post by:
There are some requirements for setting up RAID: 1. The motherboard and BIOS support RAID configuration. 2. The motherboard has 2 or more available SATA protocol SSD/HDD slots (including MSATA, M.2...
marktang
by: marktang | last post by:
ONU (Optical Network Unit) is one of the key components for providing high-speed Internet services. Its primary function is to act as an endpoint device located at the user's premises. However,...
by: Hystou | last post by:
Most computers default to English, but sometimes we require a different language, especially when relocating. Forgot to request a specific language before your computer shipped? No problem! You can...
Oralloy
by: Oralloy | last post by:
Hello folks, I am unable to find appropriate documentation on the type promotion of bit-fields when using the generalised comparison operator "<=>". The problem is that using the GNU compilers,...
tracyyun
by: tracyyun | last post by:
Dear forum friends, With the development of smart home technology, a variety of wireless communication protocols have appeared on the market, such as Zigbee, Z-Wave, Wi-Fi, Bluetooth, etc. Each...
agi2029
by: agi2029 | last post by:
Let's talk about the concept of autonomous AI software engineers and no-code agents. These AIs are designed to manage the entire lifecycle of a software development project—planning, coding, testing,...
isladogs
by: isladogs | last post by:
The next Access Europe User Group meeting will be on Wednesday 1 May 2024 starting at 18:00 UK time (6PM UTC+1) and finishing by 19:30 (7.30PM). In this session, we are pleased to welcome a new...

By using Bytes.com and it's services, you agree to our Privacy Policy and Terms of Use.

To disable or enable advertisements and analytics tracking please visit the manage ads & tracking page.