473,544 Members | 2,262 Online
Bytes | Software Development & Data Engineering Community
+ Post

Home Posts Topics Members FAQ

AOIndex is not an index in this table

An Access2003-database was suddenly impossible to open. I got the
message "AOIndex is not an index in this table". Same if I try to
correct/compress the database. How can I open the database again?
Nov 13 '05 #1
3 10002
This is a signal of corruption.

I suggest you have a read of this article:
http://www.everythingaccess.com/tuto...n-Repair-Guide

It is likely that you will be able to import your tables into a new
database, however you won't be able to import any Access objects like
forms/reports/macros/modules since this message usually relates to
corruption in the Access storage tables. If you want to recover any
forms/reports/modules etc, you can upload your file to our repair service
for a free quote...

Regards,

Wayne Phillips
http://www.everythingaccess.com/acce...baserepair.htm

"Gunnar Nygjerd" <gu************ @sf-f.kommune.no> wrote in message
news:2d******** *************** ***@posting.goo gle.com...
An Access2003-database was suddenly impossible to open. I got the
message "AOIndex is not an index in this table". Same if I try to
correct/compress the database. How can I open the database again?

Nov 13 '05 #2
hema_ps
1 New Member
Hi,

Actually I too encoutered the same problem Yesterday.

After a long search I have decided to provide a solution for this problem.
Luckily I was able to access that Database using Visual Basic.So I have retrieved back my Database.

Here Iam giving the particulars:
I have uploaded the file in specified link below.you can use 'AOIndex.Exe' To get back your Database.
I have sent the VB Code also.

http://s30.yousendit.com/d.aspx?id=0...31GPRRTVRMHWRW
--------------------------------------------------------------------

ADVERTISEMENT - Clicking will not affect transfer.
Jan 31 '06 #3
Vassago
1 New Member
Do you still have this file? I need it desperately for a corrupted database of mine!

Thanks!
Mar 23 '06 #4

This thread has been closed and replies have been disabled. Please start a new discussion.

Similar topics

by: skura | last post by:
I am trying to understand how the data in sql server is stored and also regarding fill factor and page splitting. 1) My first question what is the difference between Index pages and Data pages. and how are they different for clustered and non clustered indexes and heap tables. 2) What is the relation between index and data pages.
by: Anita | last post by:
I have just tested 3 queries using QA. The complete test information : ------ CREATE TABLE agls1 ( fyear char(4) NULL , fprefix char(3) NULL , fvcno char(20) NULL , fdate datetime NULL , fid char(15) NULL ,
by: Andr? Queiroz | last post by:
Hi, I have a table with 10M records and col A has a index created on it. The data on that table has the same value for col A on all 10M records. After that I insert diferent values for that column but my queries do not use the index I created for that column. Is there any way I can force the usage of the index or to ommit a value on the...
by: maricel | last post by:
Could someone confirm which tablespace is being used when running ALTER & CREATE INDEX. Is it the tempspace or the tablespace where the table resides? Many thanks, maricel
by: Sean C. | last post by:
Helpful folks, Most of my previous experience with DB2 was on s390 mainframe systems and the optimizer on this platform always seemed very predictable and consistent. Since moving to a WinNT/UDB 7.2 environment, the choices the optimizer makes often seem flaky. But this last example really floored me. I was hoping someone could explain why...
by: Jean | last post by:
Hi, how to know for a particular table if it is organized by index, and which one ? reorg table index ind1 -> the table is organised by ind1 i wan't to know that for all table thx
by: Jerry | last post by:
Is that true that one table can only have one clustered index? The column with clustered index will be sorted physically, is that true? The column with non-clustere index will not be sorted physically, is that true? Also, is primary key clustered index by default? Thanks!
by: jasenpeters | last post by:
Dear Colleagues, MS-Access 2000 After compacting and repairing a database... "AOIndex is not an index in this table." Error 3800 Shows up when attempting to open or manipulate the database in any way. Can be displayed twice upon attempting to open with Access.
by: jezuri | last post by:
Is ther any solutios for problems related with AOIndex issues working in Access 2007. I'm tried to use routines wroten for ealrier versions and doesn't works.
marktang
by: marktang | last post by:
ONU (Optical Network Unit) is one of the key components for providing high-speed Internet services. Its primary function is to act as an endpoint device located at the user's premises. However, people are often confused as to whether an ONU can Work As a Router. In this blog post, we’ll explore What is ONU, What Is Router, ONU & Router’s main...
Oralloy
by: Oralloy | last post by:
Hello folks, I am unable to find appropriate documentation on the type promotion of bit-fields when using the generalised comparison operator "<=>". The problem is that using the GNU compilers, it seems that the internal comparison operator "<=>" tries to promote arguments from unsigned to signed. This is as boiled down as I can make it. ...
jinu1996
by: jinu1996 | last post by:
In today's digital age, having a compelling online presence is paramount for businesses aiming to thrive in a competitive landscape. At the heart of this digital strategy lies an intricately woven tapestry of website design and digital marketing. It's not merely about having a website; it's about crafting an immersive digital experience that...
tracyyun
by: tracyyun | last post by:
Dear forum friends, With the development of smart home technology, a variety of wireless communication protocols have appeared on the market, such as Zigbee, Z-Wave, Wi-Fi, Bluetooth, etc. Each protocol has its own unique characteristics and advantages, but as a user who is planning to build a smart home system, I am a bit confused by the...
agi2029
by: agi2029 | last post by:
Let's talk about the concept of autonomous AI software engineers and no-code agents. These AIs are designed to manage the entire lifecycle of a software development project—planning, coding, testing, and deployment—without human intervention. Imagine an AI that can take a project description, break it down, write the code, debug it, and then...
isladogs
by: isladogs | last post by:
The next Access Europe User Group meeting will be on Wednesday 1 May 2024 starting at 18:00 UK time (6PM UTC+1) and finishing by 19:30 (7.30PM). In this session, we are pleased to welcome a new presenter, Adolph Dupré who will be discussing some powerful techniques for using class modules. He will explain when you may want to use classes...
by: adsilva | last post by:
A Windows Forms form does not have the event Unload, like VB6. What one acts like?
by: 6302768590 | last post by:
Hai team i want code for transfer the data from one system to another through IP address by using C# our system has to for every 5mins then we have to update the data what the data is updated we have to send another system
muto222
by: muto222 | last post by:
How can i add a mobile payment intergratation into php mysql website.

By using Bytes.com and it's services, you agree to our Privacy Policy and Terms of Use.

To disable or enable advertisements and analytics tracking please visit the manage ads & tracking page.