473,534 Members | 2,739 Online
Bytes | Software Development & Data Engineering Community
+ Post

Home Posts Topics Members FAQ

Opening a form in a specific location on the screen

Greetings!

Is it possible to open a form in a specific location on the screen? I
have three cascading forms ... fill one in and then open another ...
fill that one in and open another. I want to keep each previous form
open and position the forms such that the user can see all three
(overlapping somewhat). Also, I want to make them modal (can't get
focus to the previous form until the current form is closed).

Is this possible? Is so, how?
Thanks.

Regards,
SueB

*** Sent via Developersdex http://www.developersdex.com ***
Nov 13 '05 #1
2 5603
For positioning try Me.GridX and Me.GridY

Nov 13 '05 #2
On Fri, 27 May 2005 16:15:03 GMT, Susan Bricker wrote:
Greetings!

Is it possible to open a form in a specific location on the screen? I
have three cascading forms ... fill one in and then open another ...
fill that one in and open another. I want to keep each previous form
open and position the forms such that the user can see all three
(overlapping somewhat). Also, I want to make them modal (can't get
focus to the previous form until the current form is closed).

Is this possible? Is so, how?
Thanks.

Regards,
SueB

*** Sent via Developersdex http://www.developersdex.com ***

In the newly opened form's Open Event:
DoCmd.MoveSize 1440 * 1.5,1440* 4

All measurements are in Twips... 1440 per inch.
Look up the MoveSize method in VBA help.

--
Fred
Please only reply to this newsgroup.
I do not reply to personal email.
Nov 13 '05 #3

This thread has been closed and replies have been disabled. Please start a new discussion.

Similar topics

by: D. Alvarado | last post by:
Hello, I am trying to open a window containing an image and I would like the image to be flush against the window -- i.e. have no padding or border. Can I make this happen with a single call to a window.open function? I would prefer not to create a separate HTML page. So far all I have is the basic var cwin =...
by: John Bowman | last post by:
Hi All, I must be missing something really obvious, so I'd appreciate someone helping me out. I have a simple Windows form that currently only has a title bar (aka the Text Property is set) and the MinmizeBox, ControlBox and MaximizeBox(es) are all set to false. It's FormBorderStyle is set to "Fixed Single". Eventually this form will have a...
by: Colin McGuire | last post by:
Thanks everyone for help in my previous post. Using the "Point.op_Addition" from the previous post I have to now focus on the real problem. I need to manually position a new form so that its upper left hand corner is positioned exactly in the middle of the button that was pressed (Button1). I can't seem to get the knack of Location()...
by: Rod Gill | last post by:
Hi, I have a form that when opened in the designer appears of the screen. The form selector can't be dragged (or resized) and if I scroll right and down to centralise it the form simply jumps further away, completely leaving the selector box area. Any ideas? VS 2003 and VB.Net This is a simple application at the moment but the form is...
by: Philip Wagenaar | last post by:
I have made a form with a tab that containts groupboxes and those contain checkboxes. When I run the application sometimes the outlining for some groupboxes are not shown, if I switch tabs and back sometimes all outlining is shown and sometimes are not shown. I have no idea what is going wrong. What also is weird is that when I open the...
by: Galen Somerville | last post by:
My current screen resolution is set to 1024 x 768. My form size always comes up as 1032 x 748. I have tried the help sample ' Retrieve the working rectangle from the Screen class ' using the PrimaryScreen and the WorkingArea properties. Dim workingRectangle As System.Drawing.Rectangle = _ Screen.PrimaryScreen.WorkingArea ' Set the size...
by: Marc the Demi-Programmer | last post by:
I am overriding WncProc to make sure my form's location stays within specified parameters. Basically, it has to stay at the top of the screen and not be off to either of the sides. All that works when the form is in its minimal size. However, when the form is maximized using the appropriate button the code that is supposed to set the...
by: Jerim79 | last post by:
I need to create a form that takes a number that the user enters, and duplicates a question the number of times the user entered. For instance, if the customer enters 5 on the first page, when they press next the form generates "How old are you?" 5 times on the page. The customer will answer all 5 questions then press next. Finally, all the...
by: Dan Tallent | last post by:
In my application I have a form (Customer) that I want to be able to open multiple copies at once. Within this form I have other forms that can be opened. Example: ZipCode. When the user enters a zipcode that is unknown this form will open. I don't want users to modify any of this customers data until they close the zipcode form. ...
marktang
by: marktang | last post by:
ONU (Optical Network Unit) is one of the key components for providing high-speed Internet services. Its primary function is to act as an endpoint device located at the user's premises. However, people are often confused as to whether an ONU can Work As a Router. In this blog post, we’ll explore What is ONU, What Is Router, ONU & Router’s main...
jinu1996
by: jinu1996 | last post by:
In today's digital age, having a compelling online presence is paramount for businesses aiming to thrive in a competitive landscape. At the heart of this digital strategy lies an intricately woven tapestry of website design and digital marketing. It's not merely about having a website; it's about crafting an immersive digital experience that...
agi2029
by: agi2029 | last post by:
Let's talk about the concept of autonomous AI software engineers and no-code agents. These AIs are designed to manage the entire lifecycle of a software development project—planning, coding, testing, and deployment—without human intervention. Imagine an AI that can take a project description, break it down, write the code, debug it, and then...
isladogs
by: isladogs | last post by:
The next Access Europe User Group meeting will be on Wednesday 1 May 2024 starting at 18:00 UK time (6PM UTC+1) and finishing by 19:30 (7.30PM). In this session, we are pleased to welcome a new presenter, Adolph Dupré who will be discussing some powerful techniques for using class modules. He will explain when you may want to use classes...
by: conductexam | last post by:
I have .net C# application in which I am extracting data from word file and save it in database particularly. To store word all data as it is I am converting the whole word file firstly in HTML and then checking html paragraph one by one. At the time of converting from word file to html my equations which are in the word document file was convert...
by: TSSRALBI | last post by:
Hello I'm a network technician in training and I need your help. I am currently learning how to create and manage the different types of VPNs and I have a question about LAN-to-LAN VPNs. The last exercise I practiced was to create a LAN-to-LAN VPN between two Pfsense firewalls, by using IPSEC protocols. I succeeded, with both firewalls in...
by: adsilva | last post by:
A Windows Forms form does not have the event Unload, like VB6. What one acts like?
by: 6302768590 | last post by:
Hai team i want code for transfer the data from one system to another through IP address by using C# our system has to for every 5mins then we have to update the data what the data is updated we have to send another system
bsmnconsultancy
by: bsmnconsultancy | last post by:
In today's digital era, a well-designed website is crucial for businesses looking to succeed. Whether you're a small business owner or a large corporation in Toronto, having a strong online presence can significantly impact your brand's success. BSMN Consultancy, a leader in Website Development in Toronto offers valuable insights into creating...

By using Bytes.com and it's services, you agree to our Privacy Policy and Terms of Use.

To disable or enable advertisements and analytics tracking please visit the manage ads & tracking page.