473,544 Members | 2,507 Online
Bytes | Software Development & Data Engineering Community
+ Post

Home Posts Topics Members FAQ

Web printing with acrobat

Hi there,

I have a web application, written in C#, that uses generates a pdf
document and sends it down as a byte[] to the web browser.

This all works fine, the only issue is in printing the .pdf document
generated.
The rules are:

The user should only print this once.
Once printed I need to close the window.

How can I trap the printing events that adobe executes?

Any help would be highly appreciated.

Thanks
Stephan
Nov 15 '05 #1
1 2212
I think you are talking about client side scripting in this case. The code
that is written in ASP.NET runs on the server, and there is no way to
control what client is doing. Use JavaScript.

"Stephan" <st******@ananz i.co.za> wrote in message
news:19******** *************** ***@posting.goo gle.com...
Hi there,

I have a web application, written in C#, that uses generates a pdf
document and sends it down as a byte[] to the web browser.

This all works fine, the only issue is in printing the .pdf document
generated.
The rules are:

The user should only print this once.
Once printed I need to close the window.

How can I trap the printing events that adobe executes?

Any help would be highly appreciated.

Thanks
Stephan

Nov 15 '05 #2

This thread has been closed and replies have been disabled. Please start a new discussion.

Similar topics

by: dcrespo | last post by:
Hi all... Is there a way to print a PDF file directly from Python without having Acrobat installed? I know about ReportLab. It's a python module that lets you create almost any PDF document, but I still don't know if it supports printing, so I'm looking for a Python module that could do it. I want to print a PDF file just like if I were doing...
by: Chris | last post by:
Hello all, I wish to automate printing of PDF documents in a C# application. Is there an Adobe .net object? I tried to create a reference to the COM Object Adobe Type Library, but I get error "Exception from HRESULT 0x80131019" Thanks Chris
by: S Taylor | last post by:
I have looked through many newsgroups to see how I can print several pdf documents to a printer, from Access using vba. The documents are scans of images, so I don't think they can be open through Word as text files. Ideally, I would like to use more solid code other than Shell, but it seems that it is only the way. Using switches. /h /p, I...
by: cybertof | last post by:
Hello, Is there a way to easily print a .pdf file to the printer ? (without an external component) Thanks.
by: ACaunter | last post by:
Hi all, i was wondering if there was a way to directly print a document to the user's printer, without having to download it first... I needed something like a button, and when the user clicks the button, a print preview window , or adobe, whatever.. will open up and allow the user to see what the document looks like, then have the open to...
by: Sumant | last post by:
printing text in VB6 can be done just by "Printing.Print". is there any replacement for this in .NET? Drawing.Print won't work coz it converts text into image and then prints. so when we use Adobe distiller as print driver, resulting PDF doen's remain searchable anymore...
by: RaymondPTong | last post by:
Hi there... I have Acrobat Reader 6.0 installed (yes, I know it's old, but that's what my company is using) on my machine and I have been trying to get the following C# code (and other similar code) working in VS 2005 but it throws an exception when loading the file. For the record, I have added pdf.ocx as a reference to the C# project. ...
by: Microsoft News | last post by:
Greetings community at large. I have a c# app that generates a PDF file. I have a printer that prints PDF natively. But I cannot figure out how to programatically print in C# ... I can generate the PDF as a file or a stream .. but cannot figure out how to send either to the printer. the only events I can use seem to be...
ADezii
by: ADezii | last post by:
Recently, there seems to be several questions specifically related to Printers and changing Printing characteristics for Forms and Reports. For this reason alone, I decided to dedicate this week's Tip to these Topics. The Tip will actually consist of several Tips which I feel are very useful for all Users, from Newbies to Experts. In order to...
by: billelev | last post by:
Here is some code that I have adapted slightly. It allows a report to be printed to a specific location. It works by calling SaveReportAsPDF and specifying the access report name, and the root directory to which the filename should be saved. The routine adjusts registry values to achieve its aim. Now, it works, but not quite as I would...
by: Hystou | last post by:
Most computers default to English, but sometimes we require a different language, especially when relocating. Forgot to request a specific language before your computer shipped? No problem! You can effortlessly switch the default language on Windows 10 without reinstalling. I'll walk you through it. First, let's disable language...
by: Hystou | last post by:
Overview: Windows 11 and 10 have less user interface control over operating system update behaviour than previous versions of Windows. In Windows 11 and 10, there is no way to turn off the Windows Update option using the Control Panel or Settings app; it automatically checks for updates and installs any it finds, whether you like it or not. For...
agi2029
by: agi2029 | last post by:
Let's talk about the concept of autonomous AI software engineers and no-code agents. These AIs are designed to manage the entire lifecycle of a software development project—planning, coding, testing, and deployment—without human intervention. Imagine an AI that can take a project description, break it down, write the code, debug it, and then...
by: conductexam | last post by:
I have .net C# application in which I am extracting data from word file and save it in database particularly. To store word all data as it is I am converting the whole word file firstly in HTML and then checking html paragraph one by one. At the time of converting from word file to html my equations which are in the word document file was convert...
by: TSSRALBI | last post by:
Hello I'm a network technician in training and I need your help. I am currently learning how to create and manage the different types of VPNs and I have a question about LAN-to-LAN VPNs. The last exercise I practiced was to create a LAN-to-LAN VPN between two Pfsense firewalls, by using IPSEC protocols. I succeeded, with both firewalls in...
by: adsilva | last post by:
A Windows Forms form does not have the event Unload, like VB6. What one acts like?
by: 6302768590 | last post by:
Hai team i want code for transfer the data from one system to another through IP address by using C# our system has to for every 5mins then we have to update the data what the data is updated we have to send another system
muto222
by: muto222 | last post by:
How can i add a mobile payment intergratation into php mysql website.
bsmnconsultancy
by: bsmnconsultancy | last post by:
In today's digital era, a well-designed website is crucial for businesses looking to succeed. Whether you're a small business owner or a large corporation in Toronto, having a strong online presence can significantly impact your brand's success. BSMN Consultancy, a leader in Website Development in Toronto offers valuable insights into creating...

By using Bytes.com and it's services, you agree to our Privacy Policy and Terms of Use.

To disable or enable advertisements and analytics tracking please visit the manage ads & tracking page.