473,421 Members | 1,627 Online
Bytes | Software Development & Data Engineering Community
Post Job

Home Posts Topics Members FAQ

Join Bytes to post your question to a community of 473,421 software developers and data experts.

"Error in sys.excepthook" message from Python 2.3 multi-threaded script

Hi,

I've run into an issue which seems to have been discussed previously
on `python-dev` but only in context of Zope3:

"Fun with 2.3 shutdown" -- Tim Peters
<http://mail.python.org/pipermail/python-dev/2003-September/038151.html>

The following message is displayed (one or more times) when exiting
(in this case via a `KeyboardInterrupt` exception) a multi-threaded
Python 2.3 script (on Mac OS X 10.2.1):

"""
Unhandled exception in thread started by
Error in sys.excepthook:

Original exception was:
"""

It doesn't always happen consistently. As a comparison, I have run the
same script under Python 2.2.2 and the problem does not seem to occur
there. (Although, of course, with threads that's no guarantee...)

I had a look at the bug list on Sourceforge and this issue doesn't
seem to have made it there yet, so I thought I'd raise it here, partly
as Google-bait and partly to see if I should re-raise the issue on
`python-dev`.

The script in question is a multi-threaded curses framework I'm
developing, and I can post code if that's useful.

--Phil.
Jul 18 '05 #1
1 7286
fo******@iname.com (Follower) wrote in message news:<d2**************************@posting.google. com>...
The following message is displayed (one or more times) when exiting
(in this case via a `KeyboardInterrupt` exception) a multi-threaded
Python 2.3 script (on Mac OS X 10.2.1):

"""
Unhandled exception in thread started by
Error in sys.excepthook:

Original exception was:
"""
The problem here is that some threads are still alive and kicking when
the shutdown has reset all module attributes to None. I've had the
same problem in my test suite for Supybot.
The script in question is a multi-threaded curses framework I'm
developing, and I can post code if that's useful.

Exactly. If I remember correctly, no adequate solution was found on
Python-dev. You may want to either signal for your threads to die and
wait on their death before actually exiting, if it's an important
issue.

Jeremy
Jul 18 '05 #2

This thread has been closed and replies have been disabled. Please start a new discussion.

Similar topics

by: RC | last post by:
In my Access 2002 form, I have a combo box and on the AfterUpdate event I use DoCmd.RunSQL ("UPDATE .... to update records in a table. When it starts to run I get a message "You are about to...
by: TJS | last post by:
trying to display pdf file in browser fails on this line: Response.ContentType = "application/pdf" getting an error about no declaration found for "response" what declaration is needed ???
by: Brian Foree | last post by:
I am developing an ASP.NET application that uses Access 2000 as its backend, and have just started getting the following error on 2 ASP.NET pages that had been working until late last week (and I...
by: Rider | last post by:
Hi, simple(?) question about asp.net configuration.. I've installed ASP.NET 2.0 QuickStart Sample successfully. But, When I'm first start application the follow message shown. ========= Server...
by: kbperry | last post by:
Hi all, I am getting an error message when trying to use the P4 print command via the python api for perforce. Anytime that I run p4c.run("print","-q", eachFile), I keep getting an error...
by: John Savage | last post by:
When I attempt to run the MSDOS version of python I get the error message "no mem to add parser accelerator" and am returned to the DOS prompt. Yet I've been successfully running this python...
by: Archana Kumar | last post by:
Hi, I try to open a Boa Constructor's instance when an error message : "No section:editor" (in a pop up window) is being thrown. I can see on the console that the last message shown is "running...
by: Ecohouse | last post by:
I have a main form with two subforms. The first subform has the child link to the main form identity key. subform1 - Master Field: SK Child Field: TrainingMasterSK The second subform has a...
by: bhochstetler | last post by:
I am on a hp 11.11 machine doing a 64 bit python 2.5 build. When I get my python executable created and run it, I get the error: "import site failed" OverflowError: signed integer is greater...
by: josh001 | last post by:
Hello I'm running python 2.6.4 on windows vista 32 bit. My problem is that gui2exe hit's an error almost instantly when I try to use it to package my program. This is the first time using gui2exe...
BarryA
by: BarryA | last post by:
What are the essential steps and strategies outlined in the Data Structures and Algorithms (DSA) roadmap for aspiring data scientists? How can individuals effectively utilize this roadmap to progress...
marktang
by: marktang | last post by:
ONU (Optical Network Unit) is one of the key components for providing high-speed Internet services. Its primary function is to act as an endpoint device located at the user's premises. However,...
by: Hystou | last post by:
Most computers default to English, but sometimes we require a different language, especially when relocating. Forgot to request a specific language before your computer shipped? No problem! You can...
Oralloy
by: Oralloy | last post by:
Hello folks, I am unable to find appropriate documentation on the type promotion of bit-fields when using the generalised comparison operator "<=>". The problem is that using the GNU compilers,...
jinu1996
by: jinu1996 | last post by:
In today's digital age, having a compelling online presence is paramount for businesses aiming to thrive in a competitive landscape. At the heart of this digital strategy lies an intricately woven...
by: Hystou | last post by:
Overview: Windows 11 and 10 have less user interface control over operating system update behaviour than previous versions of Windows. In Windows 11 and 10, there is no way to turn off the Windows...
agi2029
by: agi2029 | last post by:
Let's talk about the concept of autonomous AI software engineers and no-code agents. These AIs are designed to manage the entire lifecycle of a software development project—planning, coding, testing,...
isladogs
by: isladogs | last post by:
The next Access Europe User Group meeting will be on Wednesday 1 May 2024 starting at 18:00 UK time (6PM UTC+1) and finishing by 19:30 (7.30PM). In this session, we are pleased to welcome a new...
by: conductexam | last post by:
I have .net C# application in which I am extracting data from word file and save it in database particularly. To store word all data as it is I am converting the whole word file firstly in HTML and...

By using Bytes.com and it's services, you agree to our Privacy Policy and Terms of Use.

To disable or enable advertisements and analytics tracking please visit the manage ads & tracking page.