473,474 Members | 1,571 Online
Bytes | Software Development & Data Engineering Community
Create Post

Home Posts Topics Members FAQ

stepping through code that is late bound.

how do I do this? I am certain my Visual Studio .NET solution allowed me to
do this before but I don't know how the build/debug settings were
configured.

In order to get around an unavoidable circular reference constraint,
Activator.CreateInstance was employed in the project.

But now when I run through in debug mode, breakpoints are ignored in the
late bound object. If I were the late bound object I would probably tell the
runtime to stick with its early-bound components and not to bother me. But I
may not be able to do so if some reflection mechanisms are keeping me on a
short leash.

thx, -greg

Nov 16 '05 #1
2 4330
i know it's the obvious one, but make sure your dll's are all debug mode
with the latest source you have.
"hazz" <ha**@sonic.net> wrote in message
news:OQ****************@TK2MSFTNGP10.phx.gbl...
how do I do this? I am certain my Visual Studio .NET solution allowed me to do this before but I don't know how the build/debug settings were
configured.

late bound object. If I were the late bound object I would probably tell the runtime to stick with its early-bound components and not to bother me. But I may not be able to do so if some reflection mechanisms are keeping me on a
short leash.

thx, -greg

Nov 16 '05 #2
SP

"hazz" <ha**@sonic.net> wrote in message
news:OQ****************@TK2MSFTNGP10.phx.gbl...
how do I do this? I am certain my Visual Studio .NET solution allowed me to do this before but I don't know how the build/debug settings were
configured.

late bound object. If I were the late bound object I would probably tell the runtime to stick with its early-bound components and not to bother me. But I may not be able to do so if some reflection mechanisms are keeping me on a
short leash.

I had the same scenario happen to me after removing the reference from my
GUI project while testing. If there is not a reference to the code that
Activator.CreateInstance is calling then you will not be able to debug.

SP
Nov 16 '05 #3

This thread has been closed and replies have been disabled. Please start a new discussion.

Similar topics

by: Olaf Meding | last post by:
Is there a way to find out if I am using early or late binding given the reference ("excel" in the example below) returned by Dispatch()? >>> import win32com.client >>> excel =...
by: Jeff B. Jr | last post by:
First off, let me say that I'm still relatively new, so please bear with me. My problem lies in creating a program that has two parts, a core application, and then other modules that can be added...
by: John Smith | last post by:
Hey, I'm having a difficult time finding some good examples of late binding Outlook in C#. Anyone know of any good sites out there? I've googled and MSDN'ed, but have come up a bit empty. ...
by: Daniel | last post by:
How do I call a delegate in late bound C# dll? there some way to do this w/ a sharedinterface file? any examples? i tried this but it doesnt work: (oType.GetMethod("IOCTLJOB").Invoke(pObj, new...
by: Jon | last post by:
I'm investiging multi-threaded GUI applications; specifically the technique used to ensure that controls are only modified under the correct thread. The standard technique is to use ...
by: J Daniel Melton | last post by:
Hello, I am using late binding in a managed VC++ .NET 2003 application. I used KB 302902 (for C#) as a starting point and converted it to managed C++. I built a managed class that is intantiated...
grs5211
by: grs5211 | last post by:
Visual Studio 2005 on XP sp2 ComboBox events I have a simple comboBox that is bound to some data. While stepping down the list I want to be able to show a little popup with supplimental...
by: DK | last post by:
This particular area of the program builds a Excel spreadsheet for the user to manipulate further. After turning Option Strict On and correcting everything I can the following line remains -- any...
by: Siv | last post by:
hi, I am converting an application that writes to an Excel spreadsheet and the code trips the "option Strict" that I would like on because the parser says "option Strict On disallows late...
marktang
by: marktang | last post by:
ONU (Optical Network Unit) is one of the key components for providing high-speed Internet services. Its primary function is to act as an endpoint device located at the user's premises. However,...
Oralloy
by: Oralloy | last post by:
Hello folks, I am unable to find appropriate documentation on the type promotion of bit-fields when using the generalised comparison operator "<=>". The problem is that using the GNU compilers,...
jinu1996
by: jinu1996 | last post by:
In today's digital age, having a compelling online presence is paramount for businesses aiming to thrive in a competitive landscape. At the heart of this digital strategy lies an intricately woven...
tracyyun
by: tracyyun | last post by:
Dear forum friends, With the development of smart home technology, a variety of wireless communication protocols have appeared on the market, such as Zigbee, Z-Wave, Wi-Fi, Bluetooth, etc. Each...
agi2029
by: agi2029 | last post by:
Let's talk about the concept of autonomous AI software engineers and no-code agents. These AIs are designed to manage the entire lifecycle of a software development project—planning, coding, testing,...
isladogs
by: isladogs | last post by:
The next Access Europe User Group meeting will be on Wednesday 1 May 2024 starting at 18:00 UK time (6PM UTC+1) and finishing by 19:30 (7.30PM). In this session, we are pleased to welcome a new...
by: TSSRALBI | last post by:
Hello I'm a network technician in training and I need your help. I am currently learning how to create and manage the different types of VPNs and I have a question about LAN-to-LAN VPNs. The...
by: adsilva | last post by:
A Windows Forms form does not have the event Unload, like VB6. What one acts like?
bsmnconsultancy
by: bsmnconsultancy | last post by:
In today's digital era, a well-designed website is crucial for businesses looking to succeed. Whether you're a small business owner or a large corporation in Toronto, having a strong online presence...

By using Bytes.com and it's services, you agree to our Privacy Policy and Terms of Use.

To disable or enable advertisements and analytics tracking please visit the manage ads & tracking page.