473,500 Members | 1,613 Online
Bytes | Software Development & Data Engineering Community
+ Post

Home Posts Topics Members FAQ

Metaclasses?

Hi,

Does C# have metaclasses, 'a la' Smalltalk or even Python?

TIA
Nov 16 '05 #1
2 4664
The closest match would be the Type class

Sijin Joseph
http://www.indiangeek.net
http://weblogs.asp.net/sjoseph
Fernando Rodríguez wrote:
Hi,

TIA

Nov 16 '05 #2
Hi Fernando,

I don't know neither of the languages, but what I can say is .NET doesn't
support mataclasses. Type objects is just a place holder for various and
very usefull information about the types but it is not meant to be a meta
class. However it can be used to for some things as dynamic creation and
dynamic method invokation. But once again it is not a metaclass.

--

Stoitcho Goutsev (100) [C# MVP]
"Fernando Rodríguez" <fe*******************@fernando-rodriguez.com> wrote in
message news:j8********************************@4ax.com...
Hi,

TIA

Nov 16 '05 #3

This thread has been closed and replies have been disabled. Please start a new discussion.

Similar topics

by: Stephan Diehl | last post by:
I have a question about metaclasses: How would be the best way to "merge" different metaclasses? Or, more precisely, what is the best way to merge metaclass functionality? The idea is basicly...
by: Mike C. Fletcher | last post by:
Slides from my PyGTA presentation on Tuesday, focusing mostly on why/where you would want to use meta-classes, are available in PDF format: ...
by: Santiago Aguiar | last post by:
Im trying to use AOP techniques on python but, even if I understand the idea behind metaclasses, I cant find a way to use AOP in a dynamic way. What im trying to do is to weave an aspect to a...
by: Michele Simionato | last post by:
> Hello, my name is Skip and I am metaclass-unaware. I've been programming in > Python for about ten years and I have yet to write a metaclass. At first I > thought it was just that metaclasses...
by: Michael Sparks | last post by:
Anyway... At Europython Guido discussed with everyone the outstanding issue with decorators and there was a clear majority in favour of having them, which was good. From where I was sitting it...
by: Jean-François Doyon | last post by:
Hello, I'm using MetaClasses to create classes. How do I make these new classes "globally" available? I probably just have to assign them to something magic, but I can't seem to figure out...
by: Hartmut Goebel | last post by:
Hi, I'm currently implementing a tool for auto-generating webforms from a desription file. The output should become a php-script, an asp-script, zope-formulator or such. Each if it may (or may...
by: Paul Morrow | last post by:
....that they warrant an entirely new syntax? It seems that they are very similar in a very significant way --- they alter the default behavior of something. IMO, it's not a stretch to say that...
by: Jan-Ole Esleben | last post by:
Hi! I've just posted a question about metaclasses in ZOPE on the ZOPE list, and one of the replies said that metaclasses (at least "painless" metaclasses) cannot be used without new-style...
by: Alan Isaac | last post by:
Forman's book is out of print. Is there a good substitute? Thanks, Alan Isaac
by: Hystou | last post by:
Most computers default to English, but sometimes we require a different language, especially when relocating. Forgot to request a specific language before your computer shipped? No problem! You can...
Oralloy
by: Oralloy | last post by:
Hello folks, I am unable to find appropriate documentation on the type promotion of bit-fields when using the generalised comparison operator "<=>". The problem is that using the GNU compilers,...
by: Hystou | last post by:
Overview: Windows 11 and 10 have less user interface control over operating system update behaviour than previous versions of Windows. In Windows 11 and 10, there is no way to turn off the Windows...
tracyyun
by: tracyyun | last post by:
Dear forum friends, With the development of smart home technology, a variety of wireless communication protocols have appeared on the market, such as Zigbee, Z-Wave, Wi-Fi, Bluetooth, etc. Each...
isladogs
by: isladogs | last post by:
The next Access Europe User Group meeting will be on Wednesday 1 May 2024 starting at 18:00 UK time (6PM UTC+1) and finishing by 19:30 (7.30PM). In this session, we are pleased to welcome a new...
by: TSSRALBI | last post by:
Hello I'm a network technician in training and I need your help. I am currently learning how to create and manage the different types of VPNs and I have a question about LAN-to-LAN VPNs. The...
by: 6302768590 | last post by:
Hai team i want code for transfer the data from one system to another through IP address by using C# our system has to for every 5mins then we have to update the data what the data is updated ...
muto222
by: muto222 | last post by:
How can i add a mobile payment intergratation into php mysql website.
bsmnconsultancy
by: bsmnconsultancy | last post by:
In today's digital era, a well-designed website is crucial for businesses looking to succeed. Whether you're a small business owner or a large corporation in Toronto, having a strong online presence...

By using Bytes.com and it's services, you agree to our Privacy Policy and Terms of Use.

To disable or enable advertisements and analytics tracking please visit the manage ads & tracking page.