473,326 Members | 2,125 Online
Bytes | Software Development & Data Engineering Community
Post Job

Home Posts Topics Members FAQ

Join Bytes to post your question to a community of 473,326 software developers and data experts.

BinaryWrite Files over SSL

Help, please. I have just spent an entire day troubleshooting a problem that
just makes me want to throw myself through my monitor.
I have the following code in asp.net:
<%@ Page language="c#"%>
<%
Response.Clear();
Response.ClearContent();
Response.ClearHeaders();
Response.AddHeader("Content-Disposition", "attachment; filename=test.bin");
Response.ContentType = "text/plain";
Response.BinaryWrite(new byte[100]);
Response.End();
%>
No matter what i try, this does not work over SSL. It works over http but
not https.
My broswer is MSIE 6.0
Nov 19 '05 #1
1 2252
Maybe a problem with one of the cache. Instead of ClearHeaders(), you
should try to set off the various caches. See
http://ca.php.net/manual/en/function...he-limiter.php for some of
the headers that you can try to set in PHP. (Sorry, but I didn't have time
to make a search for examples in ASP or ASP.NET.)

You can also try to set the content-type to application/octet-stream instead
of text/plain and set the Content-Length to the length of your file.

Finally, I'm not sure about the net effect of mixing Response.AddHeader()
with direct call to property, like Response.ContentType = "..."; as IE is
very sensible when it comes to SSL.

S. L.

"Roman" <Ro***@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
news:71**********************************@microsof t.com...
Help, please. I have just spent an entire day troubleshooting a problem
that
just makes me want to throw myself through my monitor.
I have the following code in asp.net:
<%@ Page language="c#"%>
<%
Response.Clear();
Response.ClearContent();
Response.ClearHeaders();
Response.AddHeader("Content-Disposition", "attachment;
filename=test.bin");
Response.ContentType = "text/plain";
Response.BinaryWrite(new byte[100]);
Response.End();
%>
No matter what i try, this does not work over SSL. It works over http but
not https.
My broswer is MSIE 6.0

Nov 19 '05 #2

This thread has been closed and replies have been disabled. Please start a new discussion.

Similar topics

by: Jens S0nderby Munk | last post by:
Hi, I'm having some problems with the Reponse.BinaryWrite, IE 6.0 and Adobe Reader 6.0. When I try to write a pdf-file to an IE browser with a Adobe Reader 6.0 installed then it just displays a...
by: Zam | last post by:
Hello World, Under Windows 2003 Server. IIS6. The following code working fine for small files, and for files with size about few megabytes. If I am trying to send HUGE file -- about 700...
by: Random | last post by:
I have tried all the Response methods I can think of (WriteFile, BinaryWrite, OutputStream) to write the byte array of a pdf file to the response. The result looks like it's trying, it comes up as...
by: Charlie | last post by:
Hi: I'm uploading documents into a SQL Server Image field and using Response.BinaryWrite() to download or view them in the browser. Some doc types like Adobe Illustrator and Photoshop files...
by: Katie | last post by:
Hi, I am doing a binaryWrite to allow users to download files. The problem occurs if the file is too big. Some of the files i have are close to 100 megs. I read on msdn that if the data is...
by: Katie | last post by:
Hi, I made a posting a while ago regarding doing a binarywrite of a large file in chunks and got a lot of helpful responses. I was able to make it work then. Unfortunately when the project is...
by: twiggy182 | last post by:
Hi, I really need you help because I'm not very familliar with ASP and I could not find any solution to my problem. To put you in situation, I have a CGI to which I send a file name, and that...
by: mattridings | last post by:
Hi gang, Have a script that works fine. However, it's really cpu intensive and I'm looking for suggestions on a) whether or not that's normal and if so b)a better way of doing it. Script is...
by: Laurahn | last post by:
Hi: I'm dealing with a file type when i convert it from a BLOB field on database and i use the Response.BinaryWrite method. The file type is *.chm. That's my code: Private Sub ReadFile(ByVal...
by: S N | last post by:
I am using the following code to hide the download url of files on my website. The code uses Response.Binarywrite to send file to the client. Kindly indicate the maximum size of the file that can be...
by: ryjfgjl | last post by:
ExcelToDatabase: batch import excel into database automatically...
isladogs
by: isladogs | last post by:
The next Access Europe meeting will be on Wednesday 6 Mar 2024 starting at 18:00 UK time (6PM UTC) and finishing at about 19:15 (7.15PM). In this month's session, we are pleased to welcome back...
by: Vimpel783 | last post by:
Hello! Guys, I found this code on the Internet, but I need to modify it a little. It works well, the problem is this: Data is sent from only one cell, in this case B5, but it is necessary that data...
by: jfyes | last post by:
As a hardware engineer, after seeing that CEIWEI recently released a new tool for Modbus RTU Over TCP/UDP filtering and monitoring, I actively went to its official website to take a look. It turned...
by: ArrayDB | last post by:
The error message I've encountered is; ERROR:root:Error generating model response: exception: access violation writing 0x0000000000005140, which seems to be indicative of an access violation...
by: PapaRatzi | last post by:
Hello, I am teaching myself MS Access forms design and Visual Basic. I've created a table to capture a list of Top 30 singles and forms to capture new entries. The final step is a form (unbound)...
by: af34tf | last post by:
Hi Guys, I have a domain whose name is BytesLimited.com, and I want to sell it. Does anyone know about platforms that allow me to list my domain in auction for free. Thank you
by: Faith0G | last post by:
I am starting a new it consulting business and it's been a while since I setup a new website. Is wordpress still the best web based software for hosting a 5 page website? The webpages will be...
isladogs
by: isladogs | last post by:
The next Access Europe User Group meeting will be on Wednesday 3 Apr 2024 starting at 18:00 UK time (6PM UTC+1) and finishing by 19:30 (7.30PM). In this session, we are pleased to welcome former...

By using Bytes.com and it's services, you agree to our Privacy Policy and Terms of Use.

To disable or enable advertisements and analytics tracking please visit the manage ads & tracking page.