473,382 Members | 1,290 Online
Bytes | Software Development & Data Engineering Community
Post Job

Home Posts Topics Members FAQ

Join Bytes to post your question to a community of 473,382 software developers and data experts.

Bug 834351 - Mouse wheel crashes program

Has this bug been fixed in 2.3.5 or 2.4? Does it exist in XP systems?

#-------------------------
from Tkinter import *
def _onMouseWheel(event):
print event
root = Tk()
root.bind('<MouseWheel>',_onMouseWheel)
root.mainloop()

Jul 18 '05 #1
2 1539
Gary Richardson wrote:

To my knowledge, it has not been fixed. I have not even tried to
reproduce it, yet. Contributions are welcome.

Regards,
Martin
Jul 18 '05 #2
Gary Richardson wrote:

#-------------------------
from Tkinter import *
def _onMouseWheel(event):
print event
root = Tk()
root.bind('<MouseWheel>',_onMouseWheel)
root.mainloop()

Works for me... WinXP SP2 Python 2.4 final

Adonis
Jul 18 '05 #3

This thread has been closed and replies have been disabled. Please start a new discussion.

Similar topics

by: AccessWhiz | last post by:
I have been trying desperately for the past few days to figure out why the MouseWheel solution that I retrieved from the Lebans website won't work. The access database included with the solution...
by: Ima Lostsoul | last post by:
Anyone have a simple way to disbale the wheel on a wheel mouse in Access Apps? I have tried the Lebans code and it does not work for my application.
by: jv | last post by:
I have quite a few of continuous form and subform where I do allow scroll bars. I run into problems with the mouse wheel whenever the data on the form does not take up the whole page. In this...
by: Nathan | last post by:
Hi, Can someone lead me to info on detecting and using the mouse button? All I can find in the MSDN docs is that you use e.Delta, but it doesn't explain in how. I tried detecting the roll of...
by: ML | last post by:
I am trying to use the mouse wheel event on a numeric input box to allow the use to scroll to inc/dec the value by 1. The issue I am having is that the delta value returned seems to be off. From...
by: tommaso.gastaldi | last post by:
This is a curious question. I'd like to know your opinion. I am attaching a drawing resize to a mouse wheel event. Frankly, to me was most natural that, if I mouse wheel UP, the shape gets...
by: Martijn Mulder | last post by:
When the mouse is over a picture, the user can grow or shrink it by rolling the central mouse wheel. What behavior is typical when the user rolls the wheel away. Will the picture grow or shrink...
by: kallol | last post by:
I have a simple HTML page where I have a form with in a <div style="height: 600px; width: 100%; overflow: auto;">. The mentioned div styles are mandatory to get the expected behavior of the div. ...
by: killbill123 | last post by:
Hi, I want to count the mouse wheel rotations in javascript. I searched on google and only found that how to track delta -1 and +1 base on the up mouse wheel and down mouse wheel. I want how...
by: West55 | last post by:
I have an Access 2003 database I developed for one of my departments. I have been using Stephen Lebans' MouseWheelOnOff system to turn off the Mouse Wheel without any issues since I developed the...
by: CloudSolutions | last post by:
Introduction: For many beginners and individual users, requiring a credit card and email registration may pose a barrier when starting to use cloud servers. However, some cloud server providers now...
by: Faith0G | last post by:
I am starting a new it consulting business and it's been a while since I setup a new website. Is wordpress still the best web based software for hosting a 5 page website? The webpages will be...
isladogs
by: isladogs | last post by:
The next Access Europe User Group meeting will be on Wednesday 3 Apr 2024 starting at 18:00 UK time (6PM UTC+1) and finishing by 19:30 (7.30PM). In this session, we are pleased to welcome former...
by: taylorcarr | last post by:
A Canon printer is a smart device known for being advanced, efficient, and reliable. It is designed for home, office, and hybrid workspace use and can also be used for a variety of purposes. However,...
by: Charles Arthur | last post by:
How do i turn on java script on a villaon, callus and itel keypad mobile phone
by: aa123db | last post by:
Variable and constants Use var or let for variables and const fror constants. Var foo ='bar'; Let foo ='bar';const baz ='bar'; Functions function $name$ ($parameters$) { } ...
by: ryjfgjl | last post by:
If we have dozens or hundreds of excel to import into the database, if we use the excel import function provided by database editors such as navicat, it will be extremely tedious and time-consuming...
by: nemocccc | last post by:
hello, everyone, I want to develop a software for my android phone for daily needs, any suggestions?
by: Hystou | last post by:
There are some requirements for setting up RAID: 1. The motherboard and BIOS support RAID configuration. 2. The motherboard has 2 or more available SATA protocol SSD/HDD slots (including MSATA, M.2...

By using Bytes.com and it's services, you agree to our Privacy Policy and Terms of Use.

To disable or enable advertisements and analytics tracking please visit the manage ads & tracking page.