473,386 Members | 1,708 Online
Bytes | Software Development & Data Engineering Community
Post Job

Home Posts Topics Members FAQ

Join Bytes to post your question to a community of 473,386 software developers and data experts.

some problems with HTML emails my PHP site is sending

I'm creating HTML emails from a PHP site and sending them out to an email
list (just about 40 people so far are on this list). I've tested and
confirmed that these emails work in yahoo.com's webmail. And I know they
work on *my* Outlook Express. But I have one person (I know of) who gets the
emails as plain text, so she sees the HTML code for the email instead of its
proper representation. She has, like myself, OE6, and other html emails (not
necessarily the emails that come from my site, but HTML emails I've sent her
directly with my OE), have worked OK.

I can't figure it out. I've checked the headers in the emails I've sent her
where it came out as plain text (she forwarded them back to me), and the
"Content-type: text/html; charset=iso-8859-1" line is present, so it's not a
missing header line.

Has anyone else experienced these problems and come to know why they happen?

thanks,
-dg
Jul 17 '05 #1
1 2866
Hello,

On 01/30/2004 06:45 AM, dan glenn wrote:
I'm creating HTML emails from a PHP site and sending them out to an email
list (just about 40 people so far are on this list). I've tested and
confirmed that these emails work in yahoo.com's webmail. And I know they
work on *my* Outlook Express. But I have one person (I know of) who gets the
emails as plain text, so she sees the HTML code for the email instead of its
proper representation. She has, like myself, OE6, and other html emails (not
necessarily the emails that come from my site, but HTML emails I've sent her
directly with my OE), have worked OK.

I can't figure it out. I've checked the headers in the emails I've sent her
where it came out as plain text (she forwarded them back to me), and the
"Content-type: text/html; charset=iso-8859-1" line is present, so it's not a
missing header line.

Has anyone else experienced these problems and come to know why they happen?

That sounds like a frequently experienced mail() function bug. In that
case you may want to try this class that comes with several workarounds
for some of the mail() function problems.

It also comes with thorough support to properly compose and send HTML
messages possibley with embedded images, alternative plain text parts
for users with non-HTML capable mail programs, attachements, etc..

http://www.phpclasses.org/mimemessage

--

Regards,
Manuel Lemos

Free ready to use OOP components written in PHP
http://www.phpclasses.org/

MetaL - XML based meta-programming language
http://www.meta-language.net/
Jul 17 '05 #2

This thread has been closed and replies have been disabled. Please start a new discussion.

Similar topics

by: Thomas Mandelid | last post by:
A client I`m working for want to be able to send multiple emails to customers of their own. I have developed a simple app to accomplish this, but the application has a few flaws and I`m looking for...
by: Francois Keyeux | last post by:
hello everyone: i have a web site built using vbasic active server scripting running on iis (it works on either iis 50 and 60, but is designed for iis 50) i know how to create a plain text...
by: tim | last post by:
I hoping someone will be so kind as to help me with this little problem. I am currently building an emailing system into our asp management system. From this we will be able to setup mail...
by: shots86 | last post by:
I am having problems sending emails via the CDO.Message object from an ASP script which was working fine. On the server I can still send emails via the CDO.Message from a .vbs script executed on...
by: Ray Booysen | last post by:
Hi all I'm sending email via ASP.NET in HTML mode. Each email has exactly one attachment and I do have full access to the SMTP server. However, if I send the email in HTML format, the...
by: armando perez | last post by:
Hi, this is my first time here, but I was looking for something that may help me, and still, I haven't found something to use. I'm using a website made in .NET with C#, when I'm running my site...
by: robbiesmith79 | last post by:
Just so this is out there on the web, I battled the past 24 hours about this. Background info... I developed a ecommerce website in PHP 4 on a shared linux hosting plan from GoDaddy and had the...
by: jcage | last post by:
Is there any tutorials online for sending email through forms? I can send an email as well as write to my MySQL database from home with the following code but not at work. I think there might be...
by: lstanikmas | last post by:
Hi, I'm validating a form with this ASP but receiving some blank email responses; does anyone see anything wrong with it?: function isFormVarExcluded(thisForm, strToCheck) { var strExcludeVars...
by: taylorcarr | last post by:
A Canon printer is a smart device known for being advanced, efficient, and reliable. It is designed for home, office, and hybrid workspace use and can also be used for a variety of purposes. However,...
by: ryjfgjl | last post by:
In our work, we often receive Excel tables with data in the same format. If we want to analyze these data, it can be difficult to analyze them because the data is spread across multiple Excel files...
by: nemocccc | last post by:
hello, everyone, I want to develop a software for my android phone for daily needs, any suggestions?
by: Sonnysonu | last post by:
This is the data of csv file 1 2 3 1 2 3 1 2 3 1 2 3 2 3 2 3 3 the lengths should be different i have to store the data by column-wise with in the specific length. suppose the i have to...
by: Hystou | last post by:
There are some requirements for setting up RAID: 1. The motherboard and BIOS support RAID configuration. 2. The motherboard has 2 or more available SATA protocol SSD/HDD slots (including MSATA, M.2...
marktang
by: marktang | last post by:
ONU (Optical Network Unit) is one of the key components for providing high-speed Internet services. Its primary function is to act as an endpoint device located at the user's premises. However,...
by: Hystou | last post by:
Most computers default to English, but sometimes we require a different language, especially when relocating. Forgot to request a specific language before your computer shipped? No problem! You can...
Oralloy
by: Oralloy | last post by:
Hello folks, I am unable to find appropriate documentation on the type promotion of bit-fields when using the generalised comparison operator "<=>". The problem is that using the GNU compilers,...
jinu1996
by: jinu1996 | last post by:
In today's digital age, having a compelling online presence is paramount for businesses aiming to thrive in a competitive landscape. At the heart of this digital strategy lies an intricately woven...

By using Bytes.com and it's services, you agree to our Privacy Policy and Terms of Use.

To disable or enable advertisements and analytics tracking please visit the manage ads & tracking page.