473,396 Members | 1,995 Online
Bytes | Software Development & Data Engineering Community
Post Job

Home Posts Topics Members FAQ

Join Bytes to post your question to a community of 473,396 software developers and data experts.

WebResource.axd request causing errors

PJ
I'm getting an error in the event viewer as well as a script error in the
browser when a page references WebResource.axd. The application is running
on W2k3 server and does not occurr on my local xp development machine.

Has anyone encountered this?

Event Type: Warning
Event Source: ASP.NET 2.0.50727.0
Event Category: Web Event
Event ID: 1309
Date: 1/5/2006
Time: 11:00:17 PM
User: N/A
Computer: 216-55-185-220
Description:
Event code: 3005
Event message: An unhandled exception has occurred.
Event time: 1/5/2006 11:00:17 PM
Event time (UTC): 1/6/2006 7:00:17 AM
Event ID: 9154807ea7364b0ba0db45c2a4f2eb90
Event sequence: 43
Event occurrence: 6
Event detail code: 0

Exception information:
Exception type: CryptographicException
Exception message: Padding is invalid and cannot be removed.

Thread information:
Thread ID: 1
Thread account name: 216-55-185-220\MyStreakASP
Is impersonating: False
Stack trace: at
System.Security.Cryptography.RijndaelManagedTransf orm.DecryptData(Byte[]
inputBuffer, Int32 inputOffset, Int32 inputCount, Byte[]& outputBuffer,
Int32 outputOffset, PaddingMode paddingMode, Boolean fLast)
at
System.Security.Cryptography.RijndaelManagedTransf orm.TransformFinalBlock(Byte[]
inputBuffer, Int32 inputOffset, Int32 inputCount)
at System.Security.Cryptography.CryptoStream.FlushFin alBlock()
at
System.Web.Configuration.MachineKeySection.Encrypt OrDecryptData(Boolean
fEncrypt, Byte[] buf, Byte[] modifier, Int32 start, Int32 length, Boolean
useValidationSymAlgo)
at System.Web.UI.Page.DecryptString(String s)
at
System.Web.Handlers.AssemblyResourceLoader.System. Web.IHttpHandler.ProcessRequest(HttpContext
context)
at
System.Web.HttpApplication.CallHandlerExecutionSte p.System.Web.HttpApplication.IExecutionStep.Execut e()
at System.Web.HttpApplication.ExecuteStep(IExecutionS tep step, Boolean&
completedSynchronously)
Jan 6 '06 #1
6 13824
I'm dealing with the same problem right now. I'm pulling my hair out.
Any luck finding a solution?

Feb 1 '06 #2
Me too ... any update?

Thanks

Feb 28 '06 #3
Nothing here... still haven't corrected the issue.

Mar 13 '06 #4
My issue was that I had an http module that performed an SSL redirect
based on page name and webresource.axd was not being requested from the
same url or something ... anyhow, I am going to have to cross this
bridge again since SSL vs non-SSL redirects is common between pages on
the site.

Mar 16 '06 #5
Microsoft considers this problem resolved, yet I've seen multiple
instances of it occuring with other people on non-webfarm sites:

http://lab.msdn.microsoft.com/Produc...4-992d9c59e589

Tis quite annoying. Currently I've modified my web.config so that I
can actually develop and test my site without this problem killing my
sessions. But my site probably has some security hole that I'm not
going to tackle just yet.

Apr 7 '06 #6
I've finally found a solution, and it is beautiful, but also completely
frustrating at the same time. Long story short, it's the machineKey
element in the web.config.

Go here, to generate a validation key.
http://www.eggheadcafe.com/articles/...achineKey.aspx

By setting this value, you define a validation key that will match the
cookie and no more CryptographicException. It worked beautifully for
me. The frustrating part is that no one could tell us this simple
solution.

Apr 10 '06 #7

This thread has been closed and replies have been disabled. Please start a new discussion.

Similar topics

by: awyl | last post by:
I tried to use validation in asp.net 2.0 with the following code. <%@ Page Language="c#" %> <html> <body> <form runat="server"> <asp:TextBox ID="abc" runat="server"> </asp:TextBox>...
by: Rahul | last post by:
Earlier this evening i posted a question that my debug point is hit several times, But after I published the application. I could significantly see less round trip per request for Application_Begin...
by: Graham | last post by:
I have a newly released web site that is throwing a few errors regarding the WebResource.asxd handler. I am not using this in any way for my own purposes, it is just getting included int eh page...
by: Håkan | last post by:
I have a problem with WebResource.axd Most of the requests to this site work just fine but every now and then I recive described below: Date: 2007-02-13 15:20 ...
by: =?Utf-8?B?TWF5?= | last post by:
We are getting WebForm_DoPostBackWithOptions is not defined and other Java script errors related to WebResource.axd file. I narrowed down the problem and found out the cause but can't come up with...
by: Brent K | last post by:
Ok, I have an internal intranet website created in visual studio 2005, c#. It was running fine for months, and then all of the sudden a few days I started getting these errors emailed to me (I have...
by: Bill | last post by:
Hi everyone, I've been trying to figure out this error for a while, hopefully someone has had a similar experience and has some insight. I recent migrated an ASP.NET app to 2.0. On pages that...
by: =?Utf-8?B?TWFyaw==?= | last post by:
Hi... We recently upgraded to the blowery.HttpCompress module for .Net 2.0 (I know, long time coming), and I've been investigating some exceptions that have ended up in our log as a result. ...
by: JamTech | last post by:
The Script Resource and the Web Resource files are generating intermittent errors in my application. I have been trying to chase the cause of the problem but to no avail. I notice that the “d”...
by: emmanuelkatto | last post by:
Hi All, I am Emmanuel katto from Uganda. I want to ask what challenges you've faced while migrating a website to cloud. Please let me know. Thanks! Emmanuel
BarryA
by: BarryA | last post by:
What are the essential steps and strategies outlined in the Data Structures and Algorithms (DSA) roadmap for aspiring data scientists? How can individuals effectively utilize this roadmap to progress...
by: nemocccc | last post by:
hello, everyone, I want to develop a software for my android phone for daily needs, any suggestions?
by: Sonnysonu | last post by:
This is the data of csv file 1 2 3 1 2 3 1 2 3 1 2 3 2 3 2 3 3 the lengths should be different i have to store the data by column-wise with in the specific length. suppose the i have to...
by: Hystou | last post by:
There are some requirements for setting up RAID: 1. The motherboard and BIOS support RAID configuration. 2. The motherboard has 2 or more available SATA protocol SSD/HDD slots (including MSATA, M.2...
Oralloy
by: Oralloy | last post by:
Hello folks, I am unable to find appropriate documentation on the type promotion of bit-fields when using the generalised comparison operator "<=>". The problem is that using the GNU compilers,...
by: Hystou | last post by:
Overview: Windows 11 and 10 have less user interface control over operating system update behaviour than previous versions of Windows. In Windows 11 and 10, there is no way to turn off the Windows...
tracyyun
by: tracyyun | last post by:
Dear forum friends, With the development of smart home technology, a variety of wireless communication protocols have appeared on the market, such as Zigbee, Z-Wave, Wi-Fi, Bluetooth, etc. Each...
agi2029
by: agi2029 | last post by:
Let's talk about the concept of autonomous AI software engineers and no-code agents. These AIs are designed to manage the entire lifecycle of a software development project—planning, coding, testing,...

By using Bytes.com and it's services, you agree to our Privacy Policy and Terms of Use.

To disable or enable advertisements and analytics tracking please visit the manage ads & tracking page.