473,385 Members | 1,531 Online
Bytes | Software Development & Data Engineering Community
Post Job

Home Posts Topics Members FAQ

Join Bytes to post your question to a community of 473,385 software developers and data experts.

Navigation Menu too slow

Saw a posting on this from January - wanting to know if anyone has a
resolution.

Navigation Menu in asp.net 2.0. Using web.sitemap file 64K in size.
onMouseOver for menu items, takes up to 4 seconds for sub-menu to
appear/dissappear. Problem only exists using IE - Lightning fast in Firefox.

The menu goes 5 levels deep. I have MaximumDynamicDisplayLevels set to 4. If
I change this to 2, the menu works fine. (But of course I am missing sub-menu
items) Problem starts with MaximumDynamicDisplayLevels = 3. The problem is
client side - I am at a loss. Not getting why it works using Firefox.

Also works fine for smaller (2K) .sitemap file. (Even works with 5 levels on
small XML filesize) I tried removing any special MenuItemDataBound code from
the page behind - does not help. Only thing that helps is a smaller .sitemap
filesize or setting MaximumDynamicDisplayLevels to 2.

I modelled this menu off of our current menu being used on our ASP intranet
- I would like to keep the look and feel the same for our users. Took me two
days to write SQL code that creates my XML from SQL Server data - so I would
like to get this working. I can post (or email) code if someone wants to
have a look. Appreciate any help on this.

Feb 23 '06 #1
0 3916

This thread has been closed and replies have been disabled. Please start a new discussion.

Similar topics

by: taik | last post by:
The index page to my site uses a slow acting javascript drop down menu. When a user drops down a menu , selects a link and then uses the back button or "Home" link to return to the original page, I...
by: Dave Patton | last post by:
Using my About page as an example: http://members.shaw.ca/davepatton/about.html What is the best/proper way to markup a page such as this that has "the main body" and "a navigation menu"? It...
by: Marek Mand | last post by:
How to create a functional *flexible* UL-menu list <div> <ul> <li><a href=""></li> <li><a href=""></li> <li><a href=""></li> </ul> </div> (working in IE, Mozilla1.6, Opera7 (or maybe even...
by: eternalD3 | last post by:
Hi, I have a problem to get this working on Opera 7.x+. This does not need to work on older Opera browsers There are problems on rendering the sub-level navigation. It aligns right on Firefox...
by: Veli-Pekka Tätilä | last post by:
Hi, My first post here. I've found some serious accessibility flaws in the Python 2.4 docs and wish they could be rectified over time. I'm very new to Python and initially contacted docs at python...
by: Sisnaz | last post by:
I'm working with 2005 Beta 2 and I'm sure this is a trivial question but for the life of me I can't figure out. I placed a menu navigation componet on my master page and defined the navigation...
by: EA | last post by:
I am sure I must be missing something about building navigation bars with CSS. Yes it is a very clever and efficient way to format navigation structures on simple one navigation level webs, i.e....
by: tburger | last post by:
Hey everyone- This is my first post at The Scripts, but I've used the forums before for other programming issues. Hopefully, someone has some solid styling advice for me. I've now been dealing...
tharden3
by: tharden3 | last post by:
I have a question for you guys, I'm designing a website. Before I go any further, I'd like to get my navigation bars on the left side up and running. The site is themed to a bumblebee 'black and...
by: CloudSolutions | last post by:
Introduction: For many beginners and individual users, requiring a credit card and email registration may pose a barrier when starting to use cloud servers. However, some cloud server providers now...
by: Faith0G | last post by:
I am starting a new it consulting business and it's been a while since I setup a new website. Is wordpress still the best web based software for hosting a 5 page website? The webpages will be...
by: ryjfgjl | last post by:
In our work, we often need to import Excel data into databases (such as MySQL, SQL Server, Oracle) for data analysis and processing. Usually, we use database tools like Navicat or the Excel import...
by: Charles Arthur | last post by:
How do i turn on java script on a villaon, callus and itel keypad mobile phone
by: aa123db | last post by:
Variable and constants Use var or let for variables and const fror constants. Var foo ='bar'; Let foo ='bar';const baz ='bar'; Functions function $name$ ($parameters$) { } ...
by: ryjfgjl | last post by:
In our work, we often receive Excel tables with data in the same format. If we want to analyze these data, it can be difficult to analyze them because the data is spread across multiple Excel files...
by: emmanuelkatto | last post by:
Hi All, I am Emmanuel katto from Uganda. I want to ask what challenges you've faced while migrating a website to cloud. Please let me know. Thanks! Emmanuel
BarryA
by: BarryA | last post by:
What are the essential steps and strategies outlined in the Data Structures and Algorithms (DSA) roadmap for aspiring data scientists? How can individuals effectively utilize this roadmap to progress...
by: Hystou | last post by:
There are some requirements for setting up RAID: 1. The motherboard and BIOS support RAID configuration. 2. The motherboard has 2 or more available SATA protocol SSD/HDD slots (including MSATA, M.2...

By using Bytes.com and it's services, you agree to our Privacy Policy and Terms of Use.

To disable or enable advertisements and analytics tracking please visit the manage ads & tracking page.