473,386 Members | 1,799 Online
Bytes | Software Development & Data Engineering Community
Post Job

Home Posts Topics Members FAQ

Join Bytes to post your question to a community of 473,386 software developers and data experts.

Office/Stdole getting added to web.config automatically

SJ
I have a VS2005 solution that has a class library and a website.
Website has a project reference to the class library in the solution.
Whenever I try to build the solution the following two lines get added
in web.config as part of the compilation process. These lines get
added right after class library is compiled and just before website
starts compiling. Because of this I am unable to publish the website on

machines that dont have these dlls even though the website doesnt
depend on them.

<add assembly="Office, Version=7.0.3300.0, Culture=neutral,
PublicKeyToken=B03F5F7F11D50A3A"/>
<add assembly="stdole, Version=7.0.3300.0, Culture=neutral,
The class library has the following dependencies none of which look
like they need these two entreis - System, System.Configuration,
System.Data, System.EnterpriseServices, System.Web,
System.Web.Services, System.Xml.
Any help is highly appreciated. Thanks.

Mar 8 '06 #1
5 17610
This was happening on a co-worker's machine. It was a fresh build.
What I ended up doing, was to create an empty html page on the desktop.
Right-click and Open With VS 2005 and set it as the default. Word was
the default editor prior. After that, the entries weren't created.
Lucky guess - hopefully it will work for you. Please post if it does
work so others will find the answer as well.

Mar 10 '06 #2
SJ
Thanks for replying to this post. Unfortunately this fix didnt solve my
problem. Even after setting VS2005 as the default editor for html,
compiler tries to modify web.config with stdole/office entries.

Mar 14 '06 #3
I too am having this problem. A reference to stdole is being added to
my references when compiling (No office reference is being added - Do
you by any chance reference an assembly that uses an office
component?).
I have resolved the problem (of it not running on the server due to not
being able to locate this reference) by simply deleting this line from
my web config after deployment.
<add assembly="stdole, Version=7.0.3300.0, Culture=neutral,

Not ideal, but at least gets you going.

I would love to know why VS 2005 is adding references to your project
that aren't required.

Mar 20 '06 #4
Hi,

I have posted a resolution to this issue at my blog .
Please post a comment re: whether my resolution works for you, of if you have questions/suggestions.
May 1 '06 #5
Hi,

I have posted a resolution to this issue at my blog .
Please post a comment re: whether my resolution works for you, of if you have questions/suggestions.
I should have noted that my blog post also explains in some detail why VS 2005 adds the lines to web.config.
May 1 '06 #6

This thread has been closed and replies have been disabled. Please start a new discussion.

Similar topics

by: zfeld | last post by:
1. Where do I get the Office 2003 PIAs? On the MSDN download site there are only downloads for XP office PIAs. Do they automatically get installed to the GAC with the installation of office 2003? ...
by: Magnus | last post by:
I use IFontDisp and some other stuff from stdole in VB.NET, but sometimes Visual Studio simply refuses to compile, complaining about various stdole errors (for example, it wants me to add a...
by: Bob N5 | last post by:
I am working on an application that uses interop to do some simple operations with both Excel and Word. I have most of functionality working, but ran into issues on making things work with both...
by: Alejandro Penate-Diaz | last post by:
Hi. While trying to create a a word document in one of my asp.net pages I keep getting an ASP.NET permission error. first I thought it was been caused while trying to save the document, and I added...
by: Stu | last post by:
Hi, I am trying to open a word document from an asp.net page but I keep getting an access denied error when I try to create an instance of the word applications. I have created references to...
by: William LaMartin | last post by:
I have created a program that allows for the automation of things in Word documents, like changing the values of DocVariables and the links to Excel Sheets. I did it using interoperoperatability,...
by: MJB | last post by:
I have several dlls that have app.config files tied to them. When adding their primary output to a Setup project everything works fine, but only the app.config for the .exe gets added to the Setup...
by: Patrick Bates | last post by:
We are trying to convert an existing VB6/ASP application to ASP.Net with VB.Net assemblies. For now, the data access is still handled by ADODB. When I deployed to our Windows 2000 test server,...
by: samadams_2006 | last post by:
I'm trying to find the namespace for stdole.dll Is there a tool out there that will help me do this?
by: aa123db | last post by:
Variable and constants Use var or let for variables and const fror constants. Var foo ='bar'; Let foo ='bar';const baz ='bar'; Functions function $name$ ($parameters$) { } ...
by: ryjfgjl | last post by:
In our work, we often receive Excel tables with data in the same format. If we want to analyze these data, it can be difficult to analyze them because the data is spread across multiple Excel files...
by: emmanuelkatto | last post by:
Hi All, I am Emmanuel katto from Uganda. I want to ask what challenges you've faced while migrating a website to cloud. Please let me know. Thanks! Emmanuel
BarryA
by: BarryA | last post by:
What are the essential steps and strategies outlined in the Data Structures and Algorithms (DSA) roadmap for aspiring data scientists? How can individuals effectively utilize this roadmap to progress...
by: Sonnysonu | last post by:
This is the data of csv file 1 2 3 1 2 3 1 2 3 1 2 3 2 3 2 3 3 the lengths should be different i have to store the data by column-wise with in the specific length. suppose the i have to...
by: Hystou | last post by:
There are some requirements for setting up RAID: 1. The motherboard and BIOS support RAID configuration. 2. The motherboard has 2 or more available SATA protocol SSD/HDD slots (including MSATA, M.2...
marktang
by: marktang | last post by:
ONU (Optical Network Unit) is one of the key components for providing high-speed Internet services. Its primary function is to act as an endpoint device located at the user's premises. However,...
by: Hystou | last post by:
Most computers default to English, but sometimes we require a different language, especially when relocating. Forgot to request a specific language before your computer shipped? No problem! You can...
jinu1996
by: jinu1996 | last post by:
In today's digital age, having a compelling online presence is paramount for businesses aiming to thrive in a competitive landscape. At the heart of this digital strategy lies an intricately woven...

By using Bytes.com and it's services, you agree to our Privacy Policy and Terms of Use.

To disable or enable advertisements and analytics tracking please visit the manage ads & tracking page.