473,545 Members | 763 Online
Bytes | Software Development & Data Engineering Community
+ Post

Home Posts Topics Members FAQ

select from drop list to fill table column with text -- HOW ?

I want viewers to compare state laws on a single subject.

Imagine a three-column table with a drop-down box on the top. A viewer
selects a state from the list, and that state's text fills the column below.
The viewer can select states from the drop down lists above the other two
columns as well. If the viewer selects only one, only one column fills. If
the viewer selects two states, two columns fill. Etc.

I could, if appropriate, have a separate htm page with the text for each
state -- california.htm for example. When the viewer selects California from
the drop down list, the column below would "fill" with California.htm.

Or, I could conceivably use a text or mysql database with two fields for
each record: state_name and law_text -- but it would probably be easier to
use separate htm files, since there will only be about 20 states involved,
and the "database" would never have a large number of records.
The table width would be 100% and each cell would be @33%

My site is designed with FP 2002 and runs on Apache/FreeBSD. I have just had
Apache-ASP installed but I have not yet configured or used the module.

Your suggestions would be tremendously appreciated !

--
Best wishes,

Richard Galli

We don't have thousands of books...
We have two books worth reading
http://www.gallicentral.com

http://www.gallicentral.com/subscribe.htm

Jul 19 '05 #1
0 3402

This thread has been closed and replies have been disabled. Please start a new discussion.

Similar topics

by: Richard Galli | last post by:
I want viewers to compare state laws on a single subject. Imagine a three-column table with a drop-down box on the top. A viewer selects a state from the list, and that state's text fills the column below. The viewer can select states from the drop down lists above the other two columns as well. If the viewer selects only one, only one...
by: Diane Yocom | last post by:
Has anybody ever seen or written code for ASP that would mimic Access' multi-column combo box? Specifically, I have a drop down box that lists about 100 five-digit codes. Each of these codes has a long text description that explains what the code represents. I'd like to be able to show the code plus description when the drop down list is...
by: owyn | last post by:
Think of a Drop Down List in a template column in a data grid in the Edit Template. In the Item template there is a label whose: text = '<%# DataBinder.Eval(Container.DataItem, "FieldName")%>' The FieldName comes from the table that the data grid is bound. What would be neat would be to be able to fill the Data Value Field and the Data Text...
by: serge | last post by:
Using "SELECT * " is a bad practice even when using a VIEW instead of a table? I have some stored procedures that are identical with the difference of one statement in the WHERE clause. If I create a single View and specify also in this View the WHERE clause that is common in these stored procedures, I will have the new stored procecures...
by: Demetris | last post by:
Hello people! I have a table with more than 30 million rows,a lot of columns and indexes. We need to change a column which is dec(15,2) and nullable to have a default value of zero. As I know you cannot alter a column unless it is varchar. I was thinking to export the whole table in ixf format, create the new table with the new definition...
by: Chris Fink | last post by:
Does anyone know it is possible to include a small image(.gif .jpeg) within a <SELECT><option> so that the user would see the option text as well as a little image(icon) in the option? I know this is not an ASP.NET related question, but I know this group is knowledgeable and quick with responses. Thanks
by: Peter | last post by:
People are telling me it is bad to put select * from <atable> in a view. I better should list all fields of the table inside the definition of the view. I dont know exactly why but some say: A select * from makes sql server does a table scan.
by: RichardR | last post by:
I have a webpage which has a table that contains a column with several drop down boxes (<SELECT>). The contents of the drop down boxes are dynamically populated so I have no idea what the actually width will be necessary. How do I tell the dropdown (<SELECT>) and/or column (<TD>) to automatically size itself to the greater of widest item in...
tjc0ol
by: tjc0ol | last post by:
Hi guys, I'm a newbie in php and I got error in my index.php which is: 1054 - Unknown column 'p.products_id' in 'on clause' select p.products_image, pd.products_name, p.products_id, p.manufacturers_id, p.products_price, p.products_tax_class_id, IF(s.status, s.specials_new_products_price, NULL) as specials_new_products_price, IF(s.status,...
marktang
by: marktang | last post by:
ONU (Optical Network Unit) is one of the key components for providing high-speed Internet services. Its primary function is to act as an endpoint device located at the user's premises. However, people are often confused as to whether an ONU can Work As a Router. In this blog post, we’ll explore What is ONU, What Is Router, ONU & Router’s main...
jinu1996
by: jinu1996 | last post by:
In today's digital age, having a compelling online presence is paramount for businesses aiming to thrive in a competitive landscape. At the heart of this digital strategy lies an intricately woven tapestry of website design and digital marketing. It's not merely about having a website; it's about crafting an immersive digital experience that...
tracyyun
by: tracyyun | last post by:
Dear forum friends, With the development of smart home technology, a variety of wireless communication protocols have appeared on the market, such as Zigbee, Z-Wave, Wi-Fi, Bluetooth, etc. Each protocol has its own unique characteristics and advantages, but as a user who is planning to build a smart home system, I am a bit confused by the...
agi2029
by: agi2029 | last post by:
Let's talk about the concept of autonomous AI software engineers and no-code agents. These AIs are designed to manage the entire lifecycle of a software development project—planning, coding, testing, and deployment—without human intervention. Imagine an AI that can take a project description, break it down, write the code, debug it, and then...
isladogs
by: isladogs | last post by:
The next Access Europe User Group meeting will be on Wednesday 1 May 2024 starting at 18:00 UK time (6PM UTC+1) and finishing by 19:30 (7.30PM). In this session, we are pleased to welcome a new presenter, Adolph Dupré who will be discussing some powerful techniques for using class modules. He will explain when you may want to use classes...
by: conductexam | last post by:
I have .net C# application in which I am extracting data from word file and save it in database particularly. To store word all data as it is I am converting the whole word file firstly in HTML and then checking html paragraph one by one. At the time of converting from word file to html my equations which are in the word document file was convert...
by: 6302768590 | last post by:
Hai team i want code for transfer the data from one system to another through IP address by using C# our system has to for every 5mins then we have to update the data what the data is updated we have to send another system
muto222
by: muto222 | last post by:
How can i add a mobile payment intergratation into php mysql website.
bsmnconsultancy
by: bsmnconsultancy | last post by:
In today's digital era, a well-designed website is crucial for businesses looking to succeed. Whether you're a small business owner or a large corporation in Toronto, having a strong online presence can significantly impact your brand's success. BSMN Consultancy, a leader in Website Development in Toronto offers valuable insights into creating...

By using Bytes.com and it's services, you agree to our Privacy Policy and Terms of Use.

To disable or enable advertisements and analytics tracking please visit the manage ads & tracking page.