473,528 Members | 2,582 Online
Bytes | Software Development & Data Engineering Community
+ Post

Home Posts Topics Members FAQ

Problems with form Inheritence

I've got a base form wich is a parent form for few others.

On this base form I have dataGridView control, which has Modifiers property
set on 'Protected Internal'.

Unfortuantely, it does not work as I expected... :( I wanted to link Data
Set on every inherited form with inherited dataGridView....
dGV control is greyed, and all settings are unaccesible :(

This shema works perfectly for Buttons, CheckBoxes and others, but I can't
do that with dGV :(

Help !!!
Jun 1 '06 #1
2 3183
check the modifier to those you want to override to "public virtual".

chanmm
"Zull" <zs*@no-to-spammers.leo.wsinf.edu.pl> wrote in message
news:uw**************@TK2MSFTNGP02.phx.gbl...
I've got a base form wich is a parent form for few others.

On this base form I have dataGridView control, which has Modifiers
property set on 'Protected Internal'.

Unfortuantely, it does not work as I expected... :( I wanted to link Data
Set on every inherited form with inherited dataGridView....
dGV control is greyed, and all settings are unaccesible :(

This shema works perfectly for Buttons, CheckBoxes and others, but I can't
do that with dGV :(

Help !!!

Jun 1 '06 #2
No, that's not that problem, it seems that it's intentionall MS BUG
(Sic!)....
I've found something like that

http://cs.rthand.com/blogs/blog_with...11/10/186.aspx

The only solution is to do all modyfikation in code (Sic !)....
Jun 1 '06 #3

This thread has been closed and replies have been disabled. Please start a new discussion.

Similar topics

by: lawrence | last post by:
I asked a lot of questions in May about how to organize OO code. I didn't get great answers here, but someone here suggested that I look the Eclipse library, which was a good tip. Looking at its small, simply objects was an education for me. What I was wondering, when I rewrote my cms from procedural code to OO was how to avoid end up have...
by: Jan Elbæk | last post by:
Hi, I would like to make a base form in my project - which (almost) all forms must inherit from. The baseform must have some visible elements (a toolbar, a topaligned panel and a picturebox and perhaps some more). Also. I need it to have a specielized constructor in the base. And the baseform must implement some methods (like Setstatusbartext)...
by: preetam | last post by:
Hi, This question is more towards design than towards c++ details. By looking at books on design patterns and various google threads on the same topic, I see that composition is favoured to inheritence. One more article I read was Allen holub's "Why extends is evil". http://www.javaworld.com/javaworld/jw-08-2003/jw-0801-toolbox.html One...
by: Wojciech Trelak | last post by:
Hi, Does anyone know how to change an owner of a control inherited from the base form? In code it's simple, but the real question is how to force designer to do this? Is it possible? I tried to play with the Component Designer Generated Code Best Regards
by: 234 | last post by:
I'm playing around with page inheritence and I'm to the point now where I want to create a form object on a derived page. Here's a truncated version of my 'base' page from which all/most pages in the application would be derived: ------------------------- Public Class clsBasePage Inherits System.Web.UI.Page Private objForm as new...
by: multiformity | last post by:
So I have been working on an opensource project for a while, and decided to really try to make it look better after focusing on the functionality most of this time. Up to now, I have simply used a standard ASPX page with minor modifications to it. All of my pages inherit from a "BasePage.cs" class, that handles common things like getting the...
by: Neelesh Bodas | last post by:
This might be slightly off-topic. Many books on C++ consider multiple inheritence as an "advanced" concept. Bruce Eckel says in TICPP, volume 2 that "there was (and still is) a lot of disagreement about whether is essential in C++". Are there any disadvantages of using multiple inheritence?
by: Learnicus | last post by:
Hello, Nothing seems to make any sense anymore. I created a new website which creates a _Default webform. I did nothing to this webform and then created another (Default2) and made it inherit from _Default. If i open Default2 i get errors in the error list and cannot build it. If i close Default 2 however all the errors disappear and i can...
by: asad.naeem | last post by:
hi to all this is the problem about inheritence. I have designed a form with some essential controls which are required for every form which will inherited from it. for example i have Button1 on parent form and this button is visible to me on inherited form. The problem is: I have written a click event of the button1 on both of the forms....
marktang
by: marktang | last post by:
ONU (Optical Network Unit) is one of the key components for providing high-speed Internet services. Its primary function is to act as an endpoint device located at the user's premises. However, people are often confused as to whether an ONU can Work As a Router. In this blog post, we’ll explore What is ONU, What Is Router, ONU & Router’s main...
by: Hystou | last post by:
Most computers default to English, but sometimes we require a different language, especially when relocating. Forgot to request a specific language before your computer shipped? No problem! You can effortlessly switch the default language on Windows 10 without reinstalling. I'll walk you through it. First, let's disable language...
jinu1996
by: jinu1996 | last post by:
In today's digital age, having a compelling online presence is paramount for businesses aiming to thrive in a competitive landscape. At the heart of this digital strategy lies an intricately woven tapestry of website design and digital marketing. It's not merely about having a website; it's about crafting an immersive digital experience that...
agi2029
by: agi2029 | last post by:
Let's talk about the concept of autonomous AI software engineers and no-code agents. These AIs are designed to manage the entire lifecycle of a software development project—planning, coding, testing, and deployment—without human intervention. Imagine an AI that can take a project description, break it down, write the code, debug it, and then...
isladogs
by: isladogs | last post by:
The next Access Europe User Group meeting will be on Wednesday 1 May 2024 starting at 18:00 UK time (6PM UTC+1) and finishing by 19:30 (7.30PM). In this session, we are pleased to welcome a new presenter, Adolph Dupré who will be discussing some powerful techniques for using class modules. He will explain when you may want to use classes...
by: conductexam | last post by:
I have .net C# application in which I am extracting data from word file and save it in database particularly. To store word all data as it is I am converting the whole word file firstly in HTML and then checking html paragraph one by one. At the time of converting from word file to html my equations which are in the word document file was convert...
by: TSSRALBI | last post by:
Hello I'm a network technician in training and I need your help. I am currently learning how to create and manage the different types of VPNs and I have a question about LAN-to-LAN VPNs. The last exercise I practiced was to create a LAN-to-LAN VPN between two Pfsense firewalls, by using IPSEC protocols. I succeeded, with both firewalls in...
by: adsilva | last post by:
A Windows Forms form does not have the event Unload, like VB6. What one acts like?
bsmnconsultancy
by: bsmnconsultancy | last post by:
In today's digital era, a well-designed website is crucial for businesses looking to succeed. Whether you're a small business owner or a large corporation in Toronto, having a strong online presence can significantly impact your brand's success. BSMN Consultancy, a leader in Website Development in Toronto offers valuable insights into creating...

By using Bytes.com and it's services, you agree to our Privacy Policy and Terms of Use.

To disable or enable advertisements and analytics tracking please visit the manage ads & tracking page.