473,406 Members | 2,387 Online
Bytes | Software Development & Data Engineering Community
Post Job

Home Posts Topics Members FAQ

Join Bytes and contribute your articles to a community of 473,406 developers and data experts.

Ruby and Ruby on Rails Tutorials

Niheel
2,460 Expert Mod 2GB
I've used the following tutorials to help be get a better understanding of Ruby On Rails or ROR.
  1. Installing Ruby on Rails - Fedora / Lighthttpd
  2. Tutorial & Setup for Ruby on Rails
  3. Rolling with Ruby on Rails
  4. Rolling with Ruby on Rails - Part II
  5. Learn to Program with Ruby - by Chris Pine
  6. Programming Ruby - Pragmatic Programmer's Guide
  7. Ruby User's Guide - Mark Slagell
Jul 7 '06 #1
9 21028
gg302
omg needed these thanks tbh k =)
Sep 13 '06 #2
vssp
268 100+
Thank you

vssp
Oct 30 '06 #3
These documents are really helpfull
Thanks from my side too

Zeeshan
Jun 21 '07 #4
improvcornartist
303 Expert 100+
One that I used: Rolling with Ruby on Rails Revisited
Jun 22 '07 #5
acoder
16,027 Expert Mod 8TB
If you like the W3Schools style of tutorials, you'll like this one.
Jun 30 '08 #6
tharden3
916 512MB
Thanks. Just started Ruby, so this should help alot
Jul 10 '08 #7
KOTP
Thanks. Just started Ruby, so this should help alot
You should check out http://rubylearning.com as well. There is a free Ruby Learning course there as well.
Jul 31 '08 #8
itsraghz
127 100+
Hi,

I guess the links to the below tutorials don't work.

Learn to Program with Ruby - by Chris Pine
Programming Ruby - Pragmatic Programmer's Guide

Looks like the pages are moved. Kindly check them out.
Nov 14 '13 #9
acoder
16,027 Expert Mod 8TB
The first link still works for me.

The 2nd one doesn't, but
http://ruby-doc.com/docs/ProgrammingRuby/
might be the same thing.
Nov 28 '13 #10

Sign in to post your reply or Sign up for a free account.

Similar topics

by: flab ba | last post by:
The pragmatic programmers (Dave & Andy) are spreading a good word about RubyOnRails. I was wondering if there are any Python programmers who are /also/ familiar with Rails - and if they could...
by: Gary Nutbeam | last post by:
I've noticed that the Perl camp has a very nice web/database environment called Maypole. Ruby has the Rails environment which on the surface seems similar to Maypole. I can't find anything in...
by: Nikolas Hagelstein | last post by:
Hi, First of all: i spend a lot of time on thinking and researching about how to make developing webapplications with php a more structured/systematic thing. I even fancied to switch over to...
by: Amol Vaidya | last post by:
Hi. I am interested in learning a new programming language, and have been debating whether to learn Ruby or Python. How do these compare and contrast with one another, and what advantages does one...
by: Matias | last post by:
I'm not asking if it's better or not than php... I want to know the opinions of web developers about this new toy... Byee..
by: seberino | last post by:
I'm interested in knowing which Python web framework is most like Ruby on Rails. I've heard of Subway and Django. Are there other Rails clones in Python land I don't know about? Which one...
by: lawrence k | last post by:
I work mostly in PHP, but at the web design firm where I work we are thinking of switching to Ruby on Rails. Our lead designer recently installed Typo on a client's site and he said to us, with...
by: Erwin Moller | last post by:
Hi Group, This may seem a odd question in a PHP group, but I think this might be a good place to ask since I am mainly a PHP coder these days that maybe starts with Ruby. Situation: A client...
by: LinkExchange.AB | last post by:
iTechArt has specialized in Ruby on Rails (ROR) development and provides a complete software outsourcing services for web development solutions based on Ruby. We suggest use Ruby framework for...
by: emmanuelkatto | last post by:
Hi All, I am Emmanuel katto from Uganda. I want to ask what challenges you've faced while migrating a website to cloud. Please let me know. Thanks! Emmanuel
BarryA
by: BarryA | last post by:
What are the essential steps and strategies outlined in the Data Structures and Algorithms (DSA) roadmap for aspiring data scientists? How can individuals effectively utilize this roadmap to progress...
by: Sonnysonu | last post by:
This is the data of csv file 1 2 3 1 2 3 1 2 3 1 2 3 2 3 2 3 3 the lengths should be different i have to store the data by column-wise with in the specific length. suppose the i have to...
by: Hystou | last post by:
There are some requirements for setting up RAID: 1. The motherboard and BIOS support RAID configuration. 2. The motherboard has 2 or more available SATA protocol SSD/HDD slots (including MSATA, M.2...
marktang
by: marktang | last post by:
ONU (Optical Network Unit) is one of the key components for providing high-speed Internet services. Its primary function is to act as an endpoint device located at the user's premises. However,...
jinu1996
by: jinu1996 | last post by:
In today's digital age, having a compelling online presence is paramount for businesses aiming to thrive in a competitive landscape. At the heart of this digital strategy lies an intricately woven...
tracyyun
by: tracyyun | last post by:
Dear forum friends, With the development of smart home technology, a variety of wireless communication protocols have appeared on the market, such as Zigbee, Z-Wave, Wi-Fi, Bluetooth, etc. Each...
agi2029
by: agi2029 | last post by:
Let's talk about the concept of autonomous AI software engineers and no-code agents. These AIs are designed to manage the entire lifecycle of a software development project—planning, coding, testing,...
isladogs
by: isladogs | last post by:
The next Access Europe User Group meeting will be on Wednesday 1 May 2024 starting at 18:00 UK time (6PM UTC+1) and finishing by 19:30 (7.30PM). In this session, we are pleased to welcome a new...

By using Bytes.com and it's services, you agree to our Privacy Policy and Terms of Use.

To disable or enable advertisements and analytics tracking please visit the manage ads & tracking page.