473,385 Members | 1,325 Online
Bytes | Software Development & Data Engineering Community
Post Job

Home Posts Topics Members FAQ

Join Bytes to post your question to a community of 473,385 software developers and data experts.

Protection against SQL Injection Attack

sashi
1,754 Expert 1GB
hi everyone,

Below is a simple function that will give you some protection against an SQL Injection attempt.

what is SQL injection?
SQL injection is a security vulnerability that occurs in the database layer of an application. Its source is the incorrect escaping of variables embedded in SQL statements. It is in fact an instance of a more general class of vulnerabilities that can occur whenever one programming or scripting language is embedded inside another.

Expand|Select|Wrap|Line Numbers
  1. 'Function IllegalChars to guard against SQL injection
  2. Function IllegalChars(sInput) 
  3. 'Declare variables 
  4. Dim sBadChars, iCounter 
  5. 'Set IllegalChars to False 
  6. IllegalChars=False
  7. 'Create an array of illegal characters and words 
  8. sBadChars=array("select", "drop", ";", "--", "insert", "delete", "xp_", _
  9. "#", "%", "&", "'", "(", ")", "/", "\", ":", ";", "<", ">", "=", "[", "]", "?", "`", "|") 
  10. 'Loop through array sBadChars using our counter & UBound function
  11. For iCounter = 0 to uBound(sBadChars) 
  12. 'Use Function Instr to check presence of illegal character in our variable
  13. If Instr(sInput,sBadChars(iCounter))>0 Then
  14. IllegalChars=True
  15. End If
  16. Next 
  17. End function
sample usage..
  1. <% 
  2. 'Declare variables 
  3. Dim sUsername, sPassword
  4. 'retrieve our form textbox values and assign to variables 
  5. sUsername=Request.Form("txtUsername")
  6. sPassword=Request.Form("txtPassword")
  8. 'Call the function IllegalChars to check for illegal characters
  9. If IllegalChars(sUsername)=True OR IllegalChars(sPassword)=True Then
  10. Response.redirect("no_access.asp")
  11. End If
  12. %>
Jul 19 '06 #1
2 10643
vladnz
hi everyone,

Below is a simple function that will give you some protection against an SQL Injection attempt.

what is SQL injection?
SQL injection is a security vulnerability that occurs in the database layer of an application. Its source is the incorrect escaping of variables embedded in SQL statements. It is in fact an instance of a more general class of vulnerabilities that can occur whenever one programming or scripting language is embedded inside another.

1. 'Function IllegalChars to guard against SQL injection
  2. Function IllegalChars(sInput) 
  3. 'Declare variables 
  4. Dim sBadChars, iCounter 
  5. 'Set IllegalChars to False 
  6. IllegalChars=False
  7. 'Create an array of illegal characters and words 
  8. sBadChars=array("select", "drop", ";", "--", "insert", "delete", "xp_", _
  9. "#", "%", "&", "'", "(", ")", "/", "\", ":", ";", "<", ">", "=", "[", "]", "?", "`", "|") 
  10. 'Loop through array sBadChars using our counter & UBound function
  11. For iCounter = 0 to uBound(sBadChars) 
  12. 'Use Function Instr to check presence of illegal character in our variable
  13. If Instr(sInput,sBadChars(iCounter))>0 Then
  14. IllegalChars=True
  15. End If
  16. Next 
  17. End function
sample usage..
  1. <% 
  2. 'Declare variables 
  3. Dim sUsername, sPassword
  4. 'retrieve our form textbox values and assign to variables 
  5. sUsername=Request.Form("txtUsername")
  6. sPassword=Request.Form("txtPassword")
  8. 'Call the function IllegalChars to check for illegal characters
  9. If IllegalChars(sUsername)=True OR IllegalChars(sPassword)=True Then
  10. Response.redirect("no_access.asp")
  11. End If
  12. %>

could you please be more detailed? i mean just write php code please?
Jun 18 '07 #2
Here's a very light ASP function to help protect against these attacks.

ASP sql injection prevention
Aug 7 '08 #3

Sign in to post your reply or Sign up for a free account.