473,386 Members | 1,752 Online
Bytes | Software Development & Data Engineering Community
Post Job

Home Posts Topics Members FAQ

Join Bytes to post your question to a community of 473,386 software developers and data experts.

Database Connection

Hi Everybody
I am tring to connect the vb code to ms access databse using ADO method.
and its gives the Compile Error : user defined Data type is not defined.
i have declared the following and complier highlights the declaration.

Dim cn As ADODB.Connection

Dim cmd As ADODB.Command

please help
Nee123
Aug 8 '06 #1
5 23760
samah
Did you add ADO library to your project??
Aug 9 '06 #2
HI..
PLZ TRY THE FOLOOWING POINTS
1)ADD ADO LIBRARY
2)Dim cn As NEW ADODB.Connection
3)Dim cmd As NEW ADODB.Command

BY
RAMESH
Aug 9 '06 #3
Hi,
Please follow the following Steps,

1. Projet menu -> Refences -> Select Microsoft ActiveX Data Objects 2.1 Library and click ok Button.

2. Use the following code,

Dim con As New ADODB.Connection
Dim rs As New ADODB.RecordSet

con.Open "Provider=Microsoft.Jet.OLEDB.4.0;Data Source=D:\UserLogin.mdb;Persist Security Info=False"

con.CursorLocation = adUseClient

rs.Open "Login",con

<<Here, Your database access code>>

rs.Close
con.Close

Here,
D:\UserLogin.mdb -> DataBase Location
Login -> Table Name

Note:
After finishing database access code you must close RecordSet(rs) and Connection(con).

Take Care,
Bye... Bye...
Aug 10 '06 #4
bhar
Hi,

Set cn=New ADODB.Connection
cn.ConnectionString="Provider=Microsoft.Jet.OLEDB. 4.0;" & _
"DataSource=D:\ProgramFiles\MicroSoft Visual Studio\VB98\inventory.mdb"
CN.Open

Try This Title: "Develop an Inventory Management Application Uisng Microspft's Visual Basic" (Access as a backend)

Hope this helps.

Regards
bhar

Hi Everybody
I am tring to connect the vb code to ms access databse using ADO method.
and its gives the Compile Error : user defined Data type is not defined.
i have declared the following and complier highlights the declaration.

Dim cmd As ADODB.Command

please help
Nee123
Aug 14 '06 #5
Thanks a lot for the code i m a new member and i was needing these code.
thanks again

Hi,
Please follow the following Steps,

1. Projet menu -> Refences -> Select Microsoft ActiveX Data Objects 2.1 Library and click ok Button.

2. Use the following code,

Dim con As New ADODB.Connection
Dim rs As New ADODB.RecordSet

con.Open "Provider=Microsoft.Jet.OLEDB.4.0;Data Source=D:\UserLogin.mdb;Persist Security Info=False"

con.CursorLocation = adUseClient

rs.Open "Login",con

<<Here, Your database access code>>

rs.Close
con.Close

Here,
D:\UserLogin.mdb -> DataBase Location
Login -> Table Name

Note:
After finishing database access code you must close RecordSet(rs) and Connection(con).

Take Care,
Bye... Bye...
Feb 9 '07 #6

Sign in to post your reply or Sign up for a free account.

Similar topics

by: Mudge | last post by:
Hi, My hosting provider only allows me to use 50 connections to my MySQL database that my Web site will use. I don't know what this 50 connections means exactly. Does this mean that only 50...
by: pradeep_TP | last post by:
Hi all, I have a few questions that I have been wanting to ask for long. These are all related to ADO.net and specifically to conenction to database. 1) If I have opened a connection to a...
by: R Reyes | last post by:
Hi, I'm trying to modularize my database connections a little better and get more out of my project with less code. First check out this common dbOpen() function inside class clsDatabase. I...
by: Nick Gilbert | last post by:
Hi, I have an asp.net application which runs from a CD-ROM using Cassini. As such, it is single user only. The application connects to an Access database when it is loaded, and keeps the same...
by: Lau Lei Cheong | last post by:
Hello, Actually I think I should have had asked it long before, but somehow I haven't. Here's the scenerio: Say we have a few pages in an ASP.NET project, each of them needs to connect to...
by: Martin B | last post by:
Hallo! I'm working with C# .NET 2.0, implementing Client/Server Applications which are connecting via Network to SQL-Server or Oracle Databases. To stay independent from the underlaying Database...
by: Terry Jolly | last post by:
Web Solution Goal: Have a global database connection Why: (There will be 30+ tables, represented by 30+ classes) I only want to reference the database connection once. I put the connection...
by: Arsalan Ahmad | last post by:
Hi all, I am creating a website in which in an Item detail page there are a number of web controls (7 or 8) and what is happening that inside each of control's Page_Load() function I am creating...
Frinavale
by: Frinavale | last post by:
How To Use A Database In Your Program Many .NET solutions are database driven and so many of us often wonder how to access the database. To help you understand the answer to this question I've...
Curtis Rutland
by: Curtis Rutland | last post by:
How To Use A Database In Your Program Part II This article is intended to extend Frinny’s excellent article: How to Use a Database in Your Program. Frinny’s article defines the basic concepts...
by: Charles Arthur | last post by:
How do i turn on java script on a villaon, callus and itel keypad mobile phone
by: ryjfgjl | last post by:
If we have dozens or hundreds of excel to import into the database, if we use the excel import function provided by database editors such as navicat, it will be extremely tedious and time-consuming...
by: emmanuelkatto | last post by:
Hi All, I am Emmanuel katto from Uganda. I want to ask what challenges you've faced while migrating a website to cloud. Please let me know. Thanks! Emmanuel
BarryA
by: BarryA | last post by:
What are the essential steps and strategies outlined in the Data Structures and Algorithms (DSA) roadmap for aspiring data scientists? How can individuals effectively utilize this roadmap to progress...
by: Sonnysonu | last post by:
This is the data of csv file 1 2 3 1 2 3 1 2 3 1 2 3 2 3 2 3 3 the lengths should be different i have to store the data by column-wise with in the specific length. suppose the i have to...
by: Hystou | last post by:
There are some requirements for setting up RAID: 1. The motherboard and BIOS support RAID configuration. 2. The motherboard has 2 or more available SATA protocol SSD/HDD slots (including MSATA, M.2...
marktang
by: marktang | last post by:
ONU (Optical Network Unit) is one of the key components for providing high-speed Internet services. Its primary function is to act as an endpoint device located at the user's premises. However,...
by: Hystou | last post by:
Most computers default to English, but sometimes we require a different language, especially when relocating. Forgot to request a specific language before your computer shipped? No problem! You can...
jinu1996
by: jinu1996 | last post by:
In today's digital age, having a compelling online presence is paramount for businesses aiming to thrive in a competitive landscape. At the heart of this digital strategy lies an intricately woven...

By using Bytes.com and it's services, you agree to our Privacy Policy and Terms of Use.

To disable or enable advertisements and analytics tracking please visit the manage ads & tracking page.