473,573 Members | 3,379 Online
Bytes | Software Development & Data Engineering Community
+ Post

Home Posts Topics Members FAQ

Increase Ms Dos Print font size

2 New Member
hallo,

I am using vb 6.0. How to increase the Font size of Dos print rather than normal?
could help any one.

ragesh
Sep 9 '06 #1
9 12704
PEB
1,418 Recognized Expert Top Contributor
hallo,

I am using vb 6.0. How to increase the Font size of Dos print rather than normal?
could help any one.

ragesh
It depends on your printer!
In the past I've used a dot matrix printers and there was a set of commands /Escape commands used in basic to change the fonts and their size... There was a big set of tools comming to me with the printer documentation!

But I suppose that only matrix printers can print under MS Dos The others have some difficulties espacially for the specials symbols like cyrillic and geek

So what is your printer? Do you have documentation in your printer about printing under dos?

Best regards
Sep 9 '06 #2
CRSI
6 New Member
hallo,

could help any one.

ragesh
PEB is right! It will depend upon your printer. For instance SOME of the escape commands under HP's PCL language are listed below:
Escape Sequences
Code Dec Hex Function
--------------------------------------------------------------------------
ESC SO 27 14 1B 0E Set double width print
ESC SI 27 15 1B 0F Set condensed width print
ESC SP n 27 32 n 1B 20 n Adjust space between characters
ESC ! n 27 33 n 1B 21 n Select other print modes
ESC + n 27 43 n 1B 2B n Set n/360 of inches as spacing
ESC 0 27 48 1B 30 Select the 1/8 of inches spacing
ESC 2 27 50 1B 32 Select the 1/6 of inches spacing
ESC 3 n 27 51 n 1B 33 n Select n/180 of inches as line spacing
ESC 4 27 52 1B 34 Select the Italic mode
ESC 5 27 53 1B 35 Deselect the Italic mode
ESC A n 27 65 n 1B 41 n Set n/60 of inches as line spacing
ESC B n n 27 66 n n 1B 42 n n Set the vertical tab
ESC E 27 69 1B 45 Select the bold print mode
ESC F 27 70 1B 46 Deselect the bold print mode
ESC G 27 71 1B 47 Select the double strike mode
ESC H 27 72 1B 48 Deselect the double strike mode
ESC M 27 77 1B 4D Set the 12 char per inches mode
ESC P 27 80 1B 50 Set 10 charachter per inch
ESC W n 27 87 n 1B 57 n Select/Deselect the double width print mode
ESC p n 27 112 n 1B 70 n Set or Reset the proportional spacing printing mode
ESC q n 27 113 n 1B 71 n Select the character style
ESC t n 27 116 n 1B 74 n Select the character font
ESC w n 27 119 n 1B 77 n Select/Deselect the double height mode
ESC x n 27 120 n 1B 78 n Select/Deselect the high letter quality mode

...these are just some of the options that might be related to your needs.
Sep 17 '06 #3
leplear
2 New Member
PEB is right! It will depend upon your printer. For instance SOME of the escape commands under HP's PCL language are listed below:
Escape Sequences
Code Dec Hex Function
--------------------------------------------------------------------------
ESC SO 27 14 1B 0E Set double width print
ESC SI 27 15 1B 0F Set condensed width print
My modern Canon printer ignores all these escape commands! Can anyone help me and suggest solution?
Jan 16 '07 #4
leplear
2 New Member
My modern Canon printer ignores all these escape commands! Can anyone help me and suggest solution?
So I answer my questions by myself.

I tested many utilities and drivers and at least I found a nice tools DOS PRINT. It prints my documents with escape commands properly.
Apr 7 '07 #5
Killer42
8,435 Recognized Expert Expert
So I answer my questions by myself.
Thanks for sharing that with us. This will help anyone else who comes searching for the same sort of info.

ragesh, does this resolve your problem?
Apr 8 '07 #6
kjeet
1 New Member
hallo,

could help any one.

ragesh
Can You tell me how do u print in
DOS mode from VB?
Sep 28 '07 #7
shanavaspi
2 New Member
Expand|Select|Wrap|Line Numbers
  1. Private Sub cmdPrint_Click()
  2. 'This is the sample how to print in Dos Mode and How to print it Bold!
  4.     Open "Lpt1" For Output As #1
  6.        Print #1, Chr(27) & "@" 'Initialize printer
  7.        Print #1, Chr(27) & "A" & Chr(11)
  8.        Print #1, Chr(27) & "E" 'Set Font Bold
  9.        Print #1, "Printer is Bold"
  10.        Print #1, "Printer is Bold"
  11.        Print #1, Chr(27) & "F" ' Set Font Normal
  13.        Print #1, "Printer is Normal"
  14.        Print #1, "Printer is Normal"
  16.    Close #1
  17. End Sub
Dec 8 '07 #8
CarlosFernandez
2 New Member
I have an old VB program, matrix printer STAR NX-1500 and I want to print text with different font size. I tried 'bold', 'double strike' and other control commands but they are very trivial.

Can anybody suggest as I can print strings with different height and width? Word and Excel print my documents without problems with any fonts.
Jul 7 '08 #9
CarlosFernandez
2 New Member
I found solution for my problem by myself. For printing text with different font size I was recommended to use Hewlett Packard PCL command language. Unfortunately my STAR NX-1500 is not PCL-compatible and I cannot use PCL sequences directly.

But since I could print formatted text from the Windows Word I suspected there is a way for printing from my VB program too. And I'm right!

There are special programs which emulate PCL language and convert data with PCL sequences into images. Moreover, I found certain utility which was designed for printing support specially. This third-party program allows to print text documents on any kind of printer.

Now I can print reports with PCL commands on my STAR NX printer but the same program could print documents with Epson control commands into any modern inkjet, laserjet printers, even into PDF- and FAX-printers.

This wonderful utility has name "DOSPRN". If somebody take an interest you can learn more about this tool at http://www.dosprn.com
Jul 16 '08 #10

Sign in to post your reply or Sign up for a free account.

Similar topics

by: weiwei | last post by:
HI I am having a problem with print friendly function with asp, I have download some code regard with print friendly, it works fine with static html information, however, I have the dynamic pages and strange things is everything works except I cannt see the result of query from database. anyone has idea, please help me out, thanks in...
by: David J Patrick | last post by:
I'm trying to rewrite the CSS used in http://s92415866.onlinehome.us/files/ScreenplayCSSv2.html. using the w3.org paged media standards as described at http://www.w3.org/TR/REC-CSS2/page.html The ScreenplayCSS is flawed, for several reasons; -overuse of <div id= tags -doesn't scale screen resolutions (convert from px to in, pt ?) -no...
by: gino | last post by:
Dear all, My monitor was set to 1600x1200 so the fonts in IE is too small for me even when I set the "View->Text Size->Largest"... I don't have previlage to change the monitor resolution... so I have to try to "hardcode" IE to display any webpage by a scale of 200%...
by: David C | last post by:
We have a classic ASP intranet web site that has been around for a while. Our customer wants to be able to print an envelope from the contact name and address table. We have other reports that we display and print from the HTML generated by our ASP code, but have not been able to find any way to format a page and print to an envelope. Can...
by: eomer | last post by:
My site is very small, and plain - it will mostly be text (for now). I have used a good mix of css in the design. With usability in mind I would like to add some specific functionality (with the vision impaired in mind). I would like to allow the user/reader of the web site the ability to select another font size, say from a drop downbox....
by: uday | last post by:
hi all, i want to Increase the Font of the Labels before all the Controls. is there any approach to increase the Font of a Static Control that we palce before all the Controls to Identify. i want to increase the Font Size of the Static Controls before the placed before the Controls in a Dialog Box. please let me know, uday.
by: ragesh | last post by:
hallo, I am using vb 6.0. How to increase the Font size of Dos print rather than normal? could help any one. ragesh
by: bb nicole | last post by:
Below is my login function, it can work well, but after i include it at my homepage, the print message is in the login page... What should it do to make the print message invalid username or password and please enter you enter both username and password display in homepage, please help me... <?php ob_start(); session_start(); ?> <html>...
by: dmorand | last post by:
When I try to print a 'print version' of my page it looks fine in IE 7, but when I print in IE 6 the margins are all screwed up. The page itself looks the same in both browsers, it's just when I print the elements look bigger when I print from IE 6 <!DOCTYPE html PUBLIC "-//W3C//DTD XHTML 1.0 Transitional//EN"...
by: JWest46088 | last post by:
I'm having difficulty trying to figure out how to print a text file from a hash table one line at a time. I have the text file read into the hash table and can print the text file all at once, but I can't seem to figure out how to do it one line at a time. Here is what I'm trying to do: I want the user to be able to print the text file one...
marktang
by: marktang | last post by:
ONU (Optical Network Unit) is one of the key components for providing high-speed Internet services. Its primary function is to act as an endpoint device located at the user's premises. However, people are often confused as to whether an ONU can Work As a Router. In this blog post, we’ll explore What is ONU, What Is Router, ONU & Router’s main...
jinu1996
by: jinu1996 | last post by:
In today's digital age, having a compelling online presence is paramount for businesses aiming to thrive in a competitive landscape. At the heart of this digital strategy lies an intricately woven tapestry of website design and digital marketing. It's not merely about having a website; it's about crafting an immersive digital experience that...
by: Hystou | last post by:
Overview: Windows 11 and 10 have less user interface control over operating system update behaviour than previous versions of Windows. In Windows 11 and 10, there is no way to turn off the Windows Update option using the Control Panel or Settings app; it automatically checks for updates and installs any it finds, whether you like it or not. For...
tracyyun
by: tracyyun | last post by:
Dear forum friends, With the development of smart home technology, a variety of wireless communication protocols have appeared on the market, such as Zigbee, Z-Wave, Wi-Fi, Bluetooth, etc. Each protocol has its own unique characteristics and advantages, but as a user who is planning to build a smart home system, I am a bit confused by the...
agi2029
by: agi2029 | last post by:
Let's talk about the concept of autonomous AI software engineers and no-code agents. These AIs are designed to manage the entire lifecycle of a software development project—planning, coding, testing, and deployment—without human intervention. Imagine an AI that can take a project description, break it down, write the code, debug it, and then...
isladogs
by: isladogs | last post by:
The next Access Europe User Group meeting will be on Wednesday 1 May 2024 starting at 18:00 UK time (6PM UTC+1) and finishing by 19:30 (7.30PM). In this session, we are pleased to welcome a new presenter, Adolph Dupré who will be discussing some powerful techniques for using class modules. He will explain when you may want to use classes...
by: conductexam | last post by:
I have .net C# application in which I am extracting data from word file and save it in database particularly. To store word all data as it is I am converting the whole word file firstly in HTML and then checking html paragraph one by one. At the time of converting from word file to html my equations which are in the word document file was convert...
by: adsilva | last post by:
A Windows Forms form does not have the event Unload, like VB6. What one acts like?
muto222
by: muto222 | last post by:
How can i add a mobile payment intergratation into php mysql website.

By using Bytes.com and it's services, you agree to our Privacy Policy and Terms of Use.

To disable or enable advertisements and analytics tracking please visit the manage ads & tracking page.