473,382 Members | 1,387 Online
Bytes | Software Development & Data Engineering Community
Post Job

Home Posts Topics Members FAQ

Join Bytes to post your question to a community of 473,382 software developers and data experts.

creation of database manually

I want to create database manually on oracle 9i.can anyone help me
Sep 19 '06 #1
2 2824
hey if u r saying manually ( i havent seen oracle 9i)
normal way of creating table is
create table tablename( datatype1 fieldname1,datatype2 fieldname2 etc);
Sep 19 '06 #2
hi ,

step of manully database
1- in cdrive create a folder (any name xyz)
2- in that xyz folder make 6 folder
pfile,control,data,redo,bdump,udump
3-goto notpad
create pfile all parameter & save as "initxyz.ora" as all file
if u done no the parameter of pfile plz let me so i can send u.
4-go to cmd promet
set oracle_sid=xyz
oradim -new -sid xyz
sqlplus/nolog
conn as sysdba
(connet to idle instances)
startup nomount pfile='c:/xyz/pfile/initxyz.ora'
create database ( write all parameter)
then run scripts 1-catalog.sql 2- catproc.sql

know databnase is open fro work.
plz let me know reply asap
from
sona
Sep 20 '06 #3

Sign in to post your reply or Sign up for a free account.

Similar topics

by: Richard | last post by:
Hi all, I am looking for some help on understanding the overhead associated with object creation in Java. I am writing an application where I have written a class to encapsulate some text...
by: [ EuGeNe ] | last post by:
Hi all, I would like to write a script that downloads one file from a ftp server if the file creation date satisfy a condition. I can't figure out how to find from a ftp server what is the...
by: oracle | last post by:
Hi, I have installed oracle9i(9.1.0.1.0) in win2000 (single pc). I want to create a new database manually . If anyone willing to help me it will be a great help for me . mail me ad_12c...
by: Stuart McGraw | last post by:
I haven't been able to figure this out and would appreciate some help... I have two tables, both with autonumber primary keys, and linked in a conventional master-child relationship. I've...
by: Steven Blair | last post by:
Hi, I have a trace log file for a system I am writing. If the creation date is older than 14 days, I have to rename that file (File.Move). The next time a trace message is required a new file is...
by: PABruceFan | last post by:
I am dynamically adding rows to an asp:table as a result of a database query. The row consists of a label, a textbox and three checkboxes in that order: LABEL TEXTBOX CHECKBOX1 CHECKBOX3 ...
by: Joachim Klassen | last post by:
DB2 V8.2 FP10 on Windows I tested the following HADR scenario: - a new tablespace on a new filesytem is created on the primary System - the replay on standby fails because of lacking permissions...
by: philin007 | last post by:
Hi Guys, Could any one help me out with codes to add rows to a table. Well I kinda of got the codes from the following site (http://www.interviewboard.com/DHTMLSamples/DHTMLGridSample.htm) the...
by: Limunski Magarac | last post by:
Hi all :) My apologies if I posted in the wrong groups, but I just jumped in MS SQL waters, so any guidance will be appreciated. What I'm trying to do is the following process: present...
by: Faith0G | last post by:
I am starting a new it consulting business and it's been a while since I setup a new website. Is wordpress still the best web based software for hosting a 5 page website? The webpages will be...
by: ryjfgjl | last post by:
In our work, we often need to import Excel data into databases (such as MySQL, SQL Server, Oracle) for data analysis and processing. Usually, we use database tools like Navicat or the Excel import...
by: aa123db | last post by:
Variable and constants Use var or let for variables and const fror constants. Var foo ='bar'; Let foo ='bar';const baz ='bar'; Functions function $name$ ($parameters$) { } ...
If we have dozens or hundreds of excel to import into the database, if we use the excel import function provided by database editors such as navicat, it will be extremely tedious and time-consuming...
In our work, we often receive Excel tables with data in the same format. If we want to analyze these data, it can be difficult to analyze them because the data is spread across multiple Excel files...
BarryA
by: BarryA | last post by:
What are the essential steps and strategies outlined in the Data Structures and Algorithms (DSA) roadmap for aspiring data scientists? How can individuals effectively utilize this roadmap to progress...
by: nemocccc | last post by:
hello, everyone, I want to develop a software for my android phone for daily needs, any suggestions?
by: Sonnysonu | last post by:
This is the data of csv file 1 2 3 1 2 3 1 2 3 1 2 3 2 3 2 3 3 the lengths should be different i have to store the data by column-wise with in the specific length. suppose the i have to...
by: Hystou | last post by:
There are some requirements for setting up RAID: 1. The motherboard and BIOS support RAID configuration. 2. The motherboard has 2 or more available SATA protocol SSD/HDD slots (including MSATA, M.2...

By using Bytes.com and it's services, you agree to our Privacy Policy and Terms of Use.

To disable or enable advertisements and analytics tracking please visit the manage ads & tracking page.