473,320 Members | 2,193 Online
Bytes | Software Development & Data Engineering Community
Post Job

Home Posts Topics Members FAQ

Join Bytes to post your question to a community of 473,320 software developers and data experts.

Problems with FileSystemObject

Hi,

I'm really new to ASP and was following along with a tutorial in a book.
When dealing with the FileSystemObject component, I found that attempting to
use the fso.GetFile(path) method (where fso was set using the CreateObject
method, and path is set to the physical path of the file) was completely
hanging IIS, that I had to restart it to get anything going. PLacing traces
and breakpoints up to that point showed that this is the method causing the
hand. The folder in which this file resides has only about 10 files in it.

I'm running on Windows 2000 SP4 with IIS 5.0. I also have Norton AV 2002
installed and I tried disabling it in case it is the culprit. Same result.
All services that should be running appear to be in the correct (started)
state. I also have Zone Alarm Pro running, but both IIS and the browser are
running on the same machine, and the local host (127.0.0.1) is in the
Trusted Zone.

Any ideas on what mya be causing my problem?

Thanks
Jul 19 '05 #1
3 2560
This sounds like Norton is still the issue. See www.aspfaq.com/2180
"Waguih Boctor" <wb*****@hotmail.com> wrote in message
news:ev**************@TK2MSFTNGP12.phx.gbl...
Hi,

When dealing with the FileSystemObject component, I found that attempting to use the fso.GetFile(path) method (where fso was set using the CreateObject
hanging IIS, that I had to restart it to get anything going. PLacing traces and breakpoints up to that point showed that this is the method causing the hand. The folder in which this file resides has only about 10 files in it.

state. I also have Zone Alarm Pro running, but both IIS and the browser are running on the same machine, and the local host (127.0.0.1) is in the
Trusted Zone.

Thanks

Jul 19 '05 #2

Hi,

I'm really new to ASP
Go here http://www.aspfaq.com/ and press Ctrl+D

When dealing with the FileSystemObject ... was completely hanging IIS

http://www.aspfaq.com/2180

Ray at work
Jul 19 '05 #3
Thanks Aaron & Ray,

Unchecking NAV Enable Script Blocking worked just fine.

Hi,

When dealing with the FileSystemObject component, I found that attempting to use the fso.GetFile(path) method (where fso was set using the CreateObject
hanging IIS, that I had to restart it to get anything going. PLacing traces and breakpoints up to that point showed that this is the method causing the hand. The folder in which this file resides has only about 10 files in it.

state. I also have Zone Alarm Pro running, but both IIS and the browser are running on the same machine, and the local host (127.0.0.1) is in the
Trusted Zone.

Thanks

Jul 19 '05 #4

This thread has been closed and replies have been disabled. Please start a new discussion.

Similar topics

by: John Dewbert | last post by:
*** post for FREE via your newsreader at post.newsfeed.com *** Hello, I have trouble passing a folder object (from a FileSystemObject) to a sub procedure. Consider the following code: ...
by: Pat | last post by:
Hi, I'm pulling my hair out here over this one... The following line of code: Msgbox Dir("c:\test\", vbDirectory) Is returning the names of files in the directory instead of other...
by: PB4FUN | last post by:
If I comment #2 to #5 no problems. If I uncomment #2, #4 and #5 the page hangs. Even did not reach the point to uncomment #3 So, whats wrong. Do i have to alter some serversettings, and if so,...
by: c | last post by:
I have the following very simple script which works on my desktop (XP-PRO & IIS5.1) but does not work on my laptop with the same config. It also works on other configurations without a problem. I...
by: MDJ | last post by:
Hi, haven't been on here for a while but used to help out with ASP queries, hoping for a bit of guidance myself! I've stripped down the code i'm having trouble with to the following, basically I...
by: Steve | last post by:
Hi all, FileSystemObject question... I'm trying to check if files exist or not, but the files are not sitting on the same server as our Intranet. Basically we have about 5000 photos in a...
by: Sean S - Perth, WA | last post by:
Hi all, If I create a FileSystemObject Object is it appropriate to reuse it to perform operations on different files/folders? Or should I create a new FileSystemObject Object for each file and...
by: Stimp | last post by:
This is a query to do with classic ASP (written through vbscript). I apologise in advance to posting to an ASP.NET forum, but my newsserver doesn't have any others listed... plus it's a permissions...
by: G Gerard | last post by:
Hello I am using the FileSystemObject to copy files on a computer Dim MyObject as Object
by: DolphinDB | last post by:
The formulas of 101 quantitative trading alphas used by WorldQuant were presented in the paper 101 Formulaic Alphas. However, some formulas are complex, leading to challenges in calculation. Take...
by: DolphinDB | last post by:
Tired of spending countless mintues downsampling your data? Look no further! In this article, you’ll learn how to efficiently downsample 6.48 billion high-frequency records to 61 million...
isladogs
by: isladogs | last post by:
The next Access Europe meeting will be on Wednesday 6 Mar 2024 starting at 18:00 UK time (6PM UTC) and finishing at about 19:15 (7.15PM). In this month's session, we are pleased to welcome back...
isladogs
by: isladogs | last post by:
The next Access Europe meeting will be on Wednesday 6 Mar 2024 starting at 18:00 UK time (6PM UTC) and finishing at about 19:15 (7.15PM). In this month's session, we are pleased to welcome back...
by: ArrayDB | last post by:
The error message I've encountered is; ERROR:root:Error generating model response: exception: access violation writing 0x0000000000005140, which seems to be indicative of an access violation...
by: PapaRatzi | last post by:
Hello, I am teaching myself MS Access forms design and Visual Basic. I've created a table to capture a list of Top 30 singles and forms to capture new entries. The final step is a form (unbound)...
by: CloudSolutions | last post by:
Introduction: For many beginners and individual users, requiring a credit card and email registration may pose a barrier when starting to use cloud servers. However, some cloud server providers now...
by: Shællîpôpï 09 | last post by:
If u are using a keypad phone, how do u turn on JavaScript, to access features like WhatsApp, Facebook, Instagram....
by: af34tf | last post by:
Hi Guys, I have a domain whose name is BytesLimited.com, and I want to sell it. Does anyone know about platforms that allow me to list my domain in auction for free. Thank you

By using Bytes.com and it's services, you agree to our Privacy Policy and Terms of Use.

To disable or enable advertisements and analytics tracking please visit the manage ads & tracking page.