473,465 Members | 1,897 Online
Bytes | Software Development & Data Engineering Community
Create Post

Home Posts Topics Members FAQ

Transform data in excel to SQL Server 2000

7 New Member
Transform data in excel to SQL Server 2000

How could I insert data stored in Excel into some table in SQL Server 2000?
Is it posible?

Thanks.
Oct 15 '06 #1
1 1851
polygonVB
15 New Member
Yeah you can do it a couple of ways 2 ways are:

1.) You can use DTS to import data into a table
2.) You can connect to the Excel file using something like ado and then write to a SQL table via ado

use connectionstrings.com to get the connectino strings

Paul
Oct 15 '06 #2

Sign in to post your reply or Sign up for a free account.

Similar topics

by: RK | last post by:
Hi, In my application, I need to copy data from an Excel file into a SQL table. The article related to this can be found at http://support.microsoft.com/default.aspx?scid=kb%3Ben-us%3B306572 ...
by: glen | last post by:
I used the below code to transform xml to a spreadsheet using a .xsl file. It works great; problem is I want to transform several recordset to xml to multiple worksheets in the workbook. Should I...
by: Luther Miller | last post by:
I am using the XML tranform functionality in .NET to transform data in a DataSet into XMLSS using an XSLT file I have created. There are about 100 columns and only about 120 rows in the data...
by: Doug Heeren | last post by:
I have the following section of VB.NET code that transforms a simple dataset into an Excel xml workbook. It works fine for < 50 rows or so, but I have about 8,000 rows I need to transform. Is there...
by: Wilson Wu | last post by:
hi, how can i use xslt to transform xml data into excel worksheet ? XML file : <?xml version="1.0" encoding="UTF-8"?> <?xml-stylesheet type="text/xsl" href="test5.xsl"?> <dataroot...
by: Sreedhar Vankayala | last post by:
Hi, I joined a project where we need to import data from a excel file into sql server via the asp.net. After doing a long research found that #1. Upload Excel file to the server #2. Load or...
by: MKH | last post by:
Greetings, OS = Windows 2000 Server SP4 SQL = MS SQL 2000 Server SP4 Language = T-SQL I have an excel file stored in a data base table as an image data type. I would like to somehow...
by: jayfeb29 | last post by:
Hi , Any one can guide me in Import the Excel 2002 data into sql server 2000 using ado.net1.1. I have searched all the forums most of the solutions end with a line of suggestion not with any code...
by: pexp | last post by:
Hello All, I would like to insert/update a database table using excel file. I have a list of products in an excel file. If product exist in a database table tblproduct than it should update the...
by: Hystou | last post by:
There are some requirements for setting up RAID: 1. The motherboard and BIOS support RAID configuration. 2. The motherboard has 2 or more available SATA protocol SSD/HDD slots (including MSATA, M.2...
marktang
by: marktang | last post by:
ONU (Optical Network Unit) is one of the key components for providing high-speed Internet services. Its primary function is to act as an endpoint device located at the user's premises. However,...
jinu1996
by: jinu1996 | last post by:
In today's digital age, having a compelling online presence is paramount for businesses aiming to thrive in a competitive landscape. At the heart of this digital strategy lies an intricately woven...
by: Hystou | last post by:
Overview: Windows 11 and 10 have less user interface control over operating system update behaviour than previous versions of Windows. In Windows 11 and 10, there is no way to turn off the Windows...
tracyyun
by: tracyyun | last post by:
Dear forum friends, With the development of smart home technology, a variety of wireless communication protocols have appeared on the market, such as Zigbee, Z-Wave, Wi-Fi, Bluetooth, etc. Each...
isladogs
by: isladogs | last post by:
The next Access Europe User Group meeting will be on Wednesday 1 May 2024 starting at 18:00 UK time (6PM UTC+1) and finishing by 19:30 (7.30PM). In this session, we are pleased to welcome a new...
by: conductexam | last post by:
I have .net C# application in which I am extracting data from word file and save it in database particularly. To store word all data as it is I am converting the whole word file firstly in HTML and...
by: adsilva | last post by:
A Windows Forms form does not have the event Unload, like VB6. What one acts like?
by: 6302768590 | last post by:
Hai team i want code for transfer the data from one system to another through IP address by using C# our system has to for every 5mins then we have to update the data what the data is updated ...

By using Bytes.com and it's services, you agree to our Privacy Policy and Terms of Use.

To disable or enable advertisements and analytics tracking please visit the manage ads & tracking page.