473,408 Members | 1,874 Online
Bytes | Software Development & Data Engineering Community
Post Job

Home Posts Topics Members FAQ

Join Bytes to post your question to a community of 473,408 software developers and data experts.

Taking back Shift Bypass

I'm sure i'm not the only one who has done this, but please HELP!!!! I have devised a new Access Database and saw online I could disable the Shift Key bypass. So, trying to advance my Access skills, I ran the code in a Module and have now locked my self out of the database. Actually, not locked out. I just can't view my tables, modules, queries and such any more. Below is what I have adjusted:

StartUpShowStatusBar = False
AllowShortcutMenus = False
AllowFullMenus = False
AllowBuiltInToolbars = False
AllowToolbarChanges = False
AllowSpecialKeys = False
UseAppIconForFrmRpt = False
AllowByPassKey = False

QUESTION IS: How do I override this and get back to normal. There must be away. Thanks.
Oct 25 '06 #1
11 19217
pks00
280 Expert 100+
Can u not get into the DB at all?

If u can get in, can u get into the vba code window? If so, change settings to true so u can get it

Alternatively, try this tool

Property Editor
http://www.jamiessoftware.tk/propeditor/pe_jump.html
Oct 26 '06 #2
Yes, I can get into the DB but not into the VB panel. I'll try the tool you sent me and see if it works. Thanks.
Oct 26 '06 #3
NeoPa
32,556 Expert Mod 16PB
If that doesn't work try the following :-
1. Open Access without a db.
2. Alt-F11 to open the VBA window.
3. Go back to Access window and open the database.

Can you now access the code when nothing is executing by clicking on the running VBA button?
Oct 26 '06 #4
Tried that and yes it did allow me to get into the VB panel but of course I password protected the module. On ideas on how to undo my password??? Thanks again.
Oct 26 '06 #5
Its a bit late now however I disable the shift key by using somewhere on one of the pictures displayed, a tiny hidden form that has enable shift and another somewhere else that has disable shift. But I backed up the db before playing with making the changes
Oct 28 '06 #6
I'm sure i'm not the only one who has done this, but please HELP!!!! I have devised a new Access Database and saw online I could disable the Shift Key bypass. So, trying to advance my Access skills, I ran the code in a Module and have now locked my self out of the database. Actually, not locked out. I just can't view my tables, modules, queries and such any more. Below is what I have adjusted:

StartUpShowStatusBar = False
AllowShortcutMenus = False
AllowFullMenus = False
AllowBuiltInToolbars = False
AllowToolbarChanges = False
AllowSpecialKeys = False
UseAppIconForFrmRpt = False
AllowByPassKey = False

QUESTION IS: How do I override this and get back to normal. There must be away. Thanks.

I'm only a newbie myself and I don't know whether you can create a form however if you can create a new form and add a button called enable and then attach to that button

Private Sub Enable_Click()
Dim db As DAO.Database
On Error Resume Next
Dim prp As DAO.Property
Set db = CurrentDb
db.Properties.Delete "AllowBypassKey"
Set prp = db.CreateProperty("AllowBypassKey", dbBoolean, True, True)
db.Properties.Append prp
db.Properties.Refresh
Set prp = Nothing
Set db = Nothing

End Sub

Save and run and click the button.
This switches enables acces via the shift key again
Oct 28 '06 #7
pks00
280 Expert 100+
You could try this utility if u wanted to

http://www.jamiessoftware.tk/propeditor/pe_jump.html

it may help

once u are in, u can code bypass
Oct 28 '06 #8
NeoPa
32,556 Expert Mod 16PB
If you make sure the VBA window is open before opening the database, you open it normally then go to the VBA window and, after using Ctrl-G to open the immediate window, execute the following code :-
Expand|Select|Wrap|Line Numbers
  1. Call CurrentDB.Properties.Delete("AllowBypassKey")
(nicked from haltonbj above)
This should be enough to allow you to open it next time holding the Shift key to bypass the project starting up.

I believe this depends on the DDL parameter used when creating it originally and your security level.
For more info on that check it out in the help system.
Oct 28 '06 #9
PEB
1,418 Expert 1GB
Do you want to enable your shift bypassing?

You can do it from other database modifying your property of your database! One time it arrived to me... And it works Well My GOD!!!! :)

So See your code for creating the bypass... See the documentation about the used methods and there is a good help :)

IF you can't write the necessary code write to my mail...

:)
Oct 28 '06 #10
Thank you all very much. I have managed to get into the DB now by using the properties tool program as described above. But my problem is now getting into the modules. I have password protected them in VBA and that's what I need help with. I know I can purhcase a $40 VBA password reset tool that will fix my problem, but before doing so, Is there any other way of resetting my password or is there any freeware to fix the problem? Thanks again.............
Oct 30 '06 #11
Hey Guys,

I would like to say thanks very much for this.

** Snip **

Cheers
Mar 2 '12 #12

Sign in to post your reply or Sign up for a free account.