473,379 Members | 1,253 Online
Bytes | Software Development & Data Engineering Community
Post Job

Home Posts Topics Members FAQ

Join Bytes to post your question to a community of 473,379 software developers and data experts.

connect 2 pcs together to access internet at the same time

How do i connect 2 pcs together to access internet at the same time
Nov 28 '06 #1
6 7204
Colloid Snake
144 100+
Enable 'Internet Connection Sharing' on the computer that has direct access, and connect the other two however you want (through a network device, or directly with crossover).
Nov 28 '06 #2
sashi
1,754 Expert 1GB
Hi there,

Kindly refer to below attached links to learn more on crossover cable as well as it's colour coding, hope it helps. Good luck & Take care.

http://www.littlewhitedog.com/content-8.html
http://www.duxcw.com/digest/Howto/ne...ble/cable5.htm
Nov 28 '06 #3
U should connect with Switch
Dec 23 '06 #4
It seems that there are a few ways to do it. A bit more information might be helpful. I have two computers and a x360 that connect to a $40 linksys (wal-mart bought) router. I have Quest High speed inet. It comes in through a phone line to my quest modem. From there the connection goes to the router, and then both computers and the xbox can be online at the same time.

Thats how it worked for me, but as I said....I am not sure how you are seting up your network. Hope it helps.
Jan 4 '07 #5
bartonc
6,596 Expert 4TB
It seems that there are a few ways to do it. A bit more information might be helpful. I have two computers and a x360 that connect to a $40 linksys (wal-mart bought) router. I have Quest High speed inet. It comes in through a phone line to my quest modem. From there the connection goes to the router, and then both computers and the xbox can be online at the same time.

Thats how it worked for me, but as I said....I am not sure how you are seting up your network. Hope it helps.
This is the best solution. Internet Conection Sharing puts undue workload on the connect computer while a cheap router add some security by acting as a firewall.
Jan 5 '07 #6
link
yap, a router will do. less troubleshooting and easy to configure. try to learn the wiring configuration so that whenever a problem occured you may solve it on your own. :)
Jan 5 '07 #7

Sign in to post your reply or Sign up for a free account.

Similar topics

by: Damon | last post by:
I have been searching for post that matches my question and so far I have not found one, which leads me to believe what I want to do iasn't possible, but here I go... My current web host...
by: Jeff Sandler | last post by:
I have a database I created in mySQL. I've been entering data every day into the database using a Java application that I wrote. The database and the Java program are on the same Win 98 SE...
by: Tom Dacon | last post by:
I have a little desktop application (it happens to be a Windows Forms analog clock) that's written in VB.Net (2003). I placed a shortcut in my Startup program group to start it up when I log on. I...
by: MLH | last post by:
Using MS Access, I have attached to MySQL servers in other states and other countries on the other side of my router. But when I use the MySQL ODBC driver 3.51 to connect to a MySQL server on my...
by: michi | last post by:
Hello there... I am trying to link to my access db on my server over the internet. My Administrator told me that I need to create a shared drive which is accessing the db server via ftp. So...
by: mayamorning123 | last post by:
A comparison among six VSS remote tools including SourceOffSite , SourceAnyWhere, VSS Connect, SourceXT, VSS Remoting, VSS.NET To view the full article, please visit...
by: Reza | last post by:
Hello I tried this friday, but didn't get anywhere so trying again Basically, I have a fixed list of people that can access the application in the Intranet, and with the policy of the company the...
by: MSK | last post by:
Hi, I am a newbie to .NET/Networking if I develop a project in 1. VB.NET + SQL server database 2. ASP.NET + SQL server database 3. .NET ( vb or asp) + Access database
by: MSK | last post by:
Hi, I am a newbie to .NET/Networking if I develop a project in 1. VB.NET + SQL server database 2. ASP.NET + SQL server database 3. .NET ( vb or asp) + Access database
by: CloudSolutions | last post by:
Introduction: For many beginners and individual users, requiring a credit card and email registration may pose a barrier when starting to use cloud servers. However, some cloud server providers now...
isladogs
by: isladogs | last post by:
The next Access Europe User Group meeting will be on Wednesday 3 Apr 2024 starting at 18:00 UK time (6PM UTC+1) and finishing by 19:30 (7.30PM). In this session, we are pleased to welcome former...
by: ryjfgjl | last post by:
In our work, we often need to import Excel data into databases (such as MySQL, SQL Server, Oracle) for data analysis and processing. Usually, we use database tools like Navicat or the Excel import...
by: taylorcarr | last post by:
A Canon printer is a smart device known for being advanced, efficient, and reliable. It is designed for home, office, and hybrid workspace use and can also be used for a variety of purposes. However,...
by: Charles Arthur | last post by:
How do i turn on java script on a villaon, callus and itel keypad mobile phone
by: aa123db | last post by:
Variable and constants Use var or let for variables and const fror constants. Var foo ='bar'; Let foo ='bar';const baz ='bar'; Functions function $name$ ($parameters$) { } ...
by: ryjfgjl | last post by:
In our work, we often receive Excel tables with data in the same format. If we want to analyze these data, it can be difficult to analyze them because the data is spread across multiple Excel files...
by: emmanuelkatto | last post by:
Hi All, I am Emmanuel katto from Uganda. I want to ask what challenges you've faced while migrating a website to cloud. Please let me know. Thanks! Emmanuel
by: nemocccc | last post by:
hello, everyone, I want to develop a software for my android phone for daily needs, any suggestions?

By using Bytes.com and it's services, you agree to our Privacy Policy and Terms of Use.

To disable or enable advertisements and analytics tracking please visit the manage ads & tracking page.