473,434 Members | 1,601 Online
Bytes | Software Development & Data Engineering Community
Post Job

Home Posts Topics Members FAQ

Join Bytes to post your question to a community of 473,434 software developers and data experts.

Setup did not find any hard disk drives...

usafshah
104 100+
hi all

i'm installing windows xp on Maxtor SATA 300 GB but setup prompts with the error of:
setup did not find any hard disk drives....

its showing in bios

I tried to download drivers for this but i didn't find on internet even on maxtor.com
the problem is my hdd model is 6V300F0 which isn't listed in maxtor's HDD lists. :(

Can any one please help me find drivers of my SATA. its specs are:

MAXTOR DiamondMax 10
Model: 6V300F0
300GB SATA 3.0 GB HDD
Jan 8 '07 #1
13 28360
It's not the Hard Disk drivers that you need but the drivers to the SATA Controller.
If the controller is on the motherboard then you should have the drivers somewhere on your motherboard disk otherwise it'll be on the disk for the controller. IE an Adaptec SATA controller.
Jan 8 '07 #2
link
hi all

i'm installing windows xp on Maxtor SATA 300 GB but setup prompts with the error of:

its showing in bios

I tried to download drivers for this but i didn't find on internet even on maxtor.com
the problem is my hdd model is 6V300F0 which isn't listed in maxtor's HDD lists. :(

MAXTOR DiamondMax 10
300GB SATA 3.0 GB HDD

Hi there,

Is this the first time you will install a SATA drive? check your BIOS and look for SATA, change RAID to IDE.

Hope this works.

Link
Jan 9 '07 #3
usafshah
104 100+
Yes its my first time i'm installing SATA ... but there is not option of SATA in bios, its award bios ASROCK Mainboard VIA vt8237, i think SATA controller is in main board as Wakey638 said. , but i dont have main board drivers
Jan 9 '07 #4
Not sure what model your ASROCK board is but I had a quick look at their site and had a look at the following model, as an example, and found that they have windows installation drivers that you can download. That will be what you're looking for, at least, that's the first thing I'd try.

http://www.asrock.com/mb/download.asp?Model=AM2NF6G-VSTA

Wakey638
Jan 9 '07 #5
Cyberdyne
627 Expert 512MB
When installing windows Hit F2 when prompted and insert the disk with the necessary SATA Controller Drivers from your motherboard manufacturer, then continue installing windows you will see the drive, do a quick format in NTFS and continue installation as usual!

Good Luck!
Jan 9 '07 #6
I'm having the same problem!
the only thing is i don't have a floppy drive for the raid drivers... :\

anyway to circumvent this? or to let the setup think a flashdrive is a floppy drive?

thanks alot,

SB
May 2 '07 #7
you can set your drive to IDE mode in the BIOS, then once windows is installed, install SATA drivers, reboot, and change the drive back to AHCI/SATA/RAID in the BIOS
May 2 '07 #8
download and create a new windows xp cd using a little program called nLite http://www.nliteos.com/download.html . Ironically, this was only found by our team when windows released a new OS, typical hey? however, this allows you to take your xp media cd, and add new drivers, and updates. what we done in work was made a standard cd with all the latest updates, popped in sata controllers, and scripts for our group policies... now if a computer crashes (and we dont have an image) we put in our own cd, run it, and and it does everything automatically! i cannot recommend this utility enough! if the admins can take note! why this program does not cost an arm and a leg, i will never know!

back to point, download this utility, add the sata controller to the media cd (you will need a burner to create the new cd), and that should hopefully be you!
May 5 '07 #9
Hi all!
I have the same problem with my Maxtor SATA 200GB

Its spinning an all, and is shown in the BIOS. But it cannot be detected in Windows XP.
Ive tried it in many different computers and ends up with exactly the same problem.

Though it has been working just fine before.
But somehow just crashed one day when i was drawing, and now it just wont connect properly.

If i scan for new harddrives in the computer management i find it for a split second, and then it just disappears again.

Does any of you guys know what the problem is here?
And no, i havnt tried to formatted it yet..:)
Pls help!

Sorry for my bad english, hehe :)
//M
Jun 6 '07 #10
look, sorry for my tone but the sata driver does not come by standard in xp cd!
Jun 6 '07 #11
download and create a new windows xp cd using a little program called nLite http://www.nliteos.com/download.html . Ironically, this was only found by our team when windows released a new OS, typical hey? however, this allows you to take your xp media cd, and add new drivers, and updates. what we done in work was made a standard cd with all the latest updates, popped in sata controllers, and scripts for our group policies... now if a computer crashes (and we dont have an image) we put in our own cd, run it, and and it does everything automatically! i cannot recommend this utility enough! if the admins can take note! why this program does not cost an arm and a leg, i will never know!

back to point, download this utility, add the sata controller to the media cd (you will need a burner to create the new cd), and that should hopefully be you!

Ohh man, you don't know how many times disc makers like nLite have saved my hide. I recommend it too!
Jun 10 '07 #12
Please excuse my ignorance, but could you please go into a little more detail about how you added the sata controller. I cannot get into the hard drive of the computer I am trying to fix and I do not have ANY driver disks or restore disks. That's why I am hoping this will work. Can I download this particular controller from somewhere else? I'm at my wits end. Please help.

Jul 3 '07 #13
mdbugs
I'm having a similiar problem with a diamondmax plus 9 ata.
I just spent 45 minutes on the mzxtor now seagate website-I f I strike gold I'll send a f/u.
thanks

hi all

its showing in bios

MAXTOR DiamondMax 10
300GB SATA 3.0 GB HDD
Jul 29 '07 #14

Sign in to post your reply or Sign up for a free account.