473,426 Members | 1,749 Online
Bytes | Software Development & Data Engineering Community
Post Job

Home Posts Topics Members FAQ

Join Bytes to post your question to a community of 473,426 software developers and data experts.

Controling the printer queues in linux

Hello

Could you please explain to me how the network manager can control the printer queues?
Thanks
Marta
Jan 14 '07 #1
1 1544
Motoma
3,237 Expert 2GB
Hello

Could you please explain to me how the network manager can control the printer queues?
Thanks
Marta
I am not exactly sure, what you mean, but printer cues are usually administered through the CUPS daemon.
Jan 23 '07 #2

Sign in to post your reply or Sign up for a free account.

Similar topics

by: Jody Burgess | last post by:
Hi; I am writing my first python program and would like to know how to change stdout to refer to my default printer or any other printer on my network. The other question is, Is there an API set...
by: Steve M | last post by:
Hello, I'm having problems sending information from a python script to a printer. I was wondering if someone might send me in the right direction. I wasn't able to find much by Google TIA...
by: Brian | last post by:
Does anyone know how I can write a program to retrieve information about printers. Not the print queues but the physical hardware printer. I want to retrieve info such as pages printed. If...
by: MLH | last post by:
I want to find a printer that will accept a print-stream from a database app JUST for time/date stamping on inbound documents received at a law office. The printer would have no paper tray, labels...
by: Kevin | last post by:
Hi al Please can someone point me in a right direction/tell me how to go about building an appliation that can monitor the printer queue on a windows platform(2000,XP,NT and 2003). What are the...
by: wahid_kalo | last post by:
Hi There I Have Finished A Point Of Sale Program On Access, I Still Need To ControlThe Cash Register Drawer By Code. In The Manual It Is Mentionned To Open The Drawer through com1 under qbasic...
by: Dominic Feron | last post by:
Is there any way to do this by using an activeX control or anything else? The reason I want to this is that I want to print a pdf file that I generate on the fly (with Reporting Services) without...
by: Marta | last post by:
Hello Could you please explain to me how the network manager can control the printer queues in linux? Thanks M.
by: Terry Olsen | last post by:
Can anyone give me some guidance on installing a local printer with VB 2005? I'm guessing I would probably do this with WMI, but i'm not finding anything obvious. I see how to add a networked...
by: nemocccc | last post by:
hello, everyone, I want to develop a software for my android phone for daily needs, any suggestions?
by: Sonnysonu | last post by:
This is the data of csv file 1 2 3 1 2 3 1 2 3 1 2 3 2 3 2 3 3 the lengths should be different i have to store the data by column-wise with in the specific length. suppose the i have to...
by: Hystou | last post by:
There are some requirements for setting up RAID: 1. The motherboard and BIOS support RAID configuration. 2. The motherboard has 2 or more available SATA protocol SSD/HDD slots (including MSATA, M.2...
jinu1996
by: jinu1996 | last post by:
In today's digital age, having a compelling online presence is paramount for businesses aiming to thrive in a competitive landscape. At the heart of this digital strategy lies an intricately woven...
by: Hystou | last post by:
Overview: Windows 11 and 10 have less user interface control over operating system update behaviour than previous versions of Windows. In Windows 11 and 10, there is no way to turn off the Windows...
agi2029
by: agi2029 | last post by:
Let's talk about the concept of autonomous AI software engineers and no-code agents. These AIs are designed to manage the entire lifecycle of a software development project—planning, coding, testing,...
isladogs
by: isladogs | last post by:
The next Access Europe User Group meeting will be on Wednesday 1 May 2024 starting at 18:00 UK time (6PM UTC+1) and finishing by 19:30 (7.30PM). In this session, we are pleased to welcome a new...
by: conductexam | last post by:
I have .net C# application in which I am extracting data from word file and save it in database particularly. To store word all data as it is I am converting the whole word file firstly in HTML and...
by: TSSRALBI | last post by:
Hello I'm a network technician in training and I need your help. I am currently learning how to create and manage the different types of VPNs and I have a question about LAN-to-LAN VPNs. The...

By using Bytes.com and it's services, you agree to our Privacy Policy and Terms of Use.

To disable or enable advertisements and analytics tracking please visit the manage ads & tracking page.