473,378 Members | 1,500 Online
Bytes | Software Development & Data Engineering Community
Post Job

Home Posts Topics Members FAQ

Join Bytes and contribute your articles to a community of 473,378 developers and data experts.

Links to popular tutorials

7 8177
acoder
16,027 Expert Mod 8TB
Please specify which tutorial you are commenting on.
Jan 23 '07 #2
cindy7
To be continued...what that mean?
Can some one help on second part of this?
The "UploadFile.cmf", I did try to upload the file and save in oracle database but fail, I am having hard time on this issue, can not find any where explanning on this matter.
Here is the code, please help, very appreciated.

Expand|Select|Wrap|Line Numbers
  1. <HTML>
  2.  <HEAD>
  3.   <TITLE>Load File</TITLE>
  4.  </HEAD>
  5.  <BODY>
  7. <cfif isdefined("Form.Submit") 
  8.     and trim(form.FileName) neq "">
  9.     <cftry>
  10. <cffile action="upload"
  11.             filefield="form.FileName"
  12.             destination="C:\Upload\"
  13.             nameconflict="makeunique" 
  14.             accept="application/octet-stream, application/vnd.ms-excel, image/*">
  15. <cffile 
  16.                 action = "readbinary" 
  17.                 file = "C:\temp\#cffile.serverFile#" 
  18.                 variable = "blob">
  20. <!--cfquery name="testing" datasource="TEST">
  21.                 insert into ADD (load_file)
  22.                 values (
  23.                     <cfqueryparam 
  24.                         value="#blob#" 
  25.                         cfsqltype="cf_sql_blob">
  26.                 )
  27.             </cfquery-->
  29. </cftry>
  30. </cfif>
  32. </BODY>
  33. </HTML>
The problem is when I upload the file, it doesn't do any thing, and I also using SQL Plus to check and see any file insert, but nothing.
Thanks in advance,
Sep 13 '07 #3
acoder
16,027 Expert Mod 8TB
To be continued...what that mean?
I'll remove that. It just means that the tutorial is not quite complete, but I haven't made changes to it for months.
Can some one help on second part of this?
I've copied your query to another thread. I want to keep this comments thread on topic (just on the tutorial itself rather than a particular problem).
Sep 14 '07 #4
Very good demonstrations (tutorials), you should put more of these types of things here
Oct 3 '07 #5
acoder
16,027 Expert Mod 8TB
Very good demonstrations (tutorials), you should put more of these types of things here
Glad you liked them (I only wrote the last one).

If I get time, I may put some more up soon.

Do you know any Coldfusion? If you do, perhaps you could share some tips.
Oct 3 '07 #6
acoder
16,027 Expert Mod 8TB
I've added a quick tutorial on sending email using Coldfusion. I plan to add to this to deal with more advanced uses.
Oct 22 '07 #7
acoder
16,027 Expert Mod 8TB
Added "Coldfusion Tips and Tricks" - a collection of short tips when programming with Coldfusion by CF FAN. These may be added to in the future, so subscribe and keep reading :)
May 5 '08 #8

Sign in to post your reply or Sign up for a free account.

Similar topics

by: Emile van Sebille | last post by:
QOTW (in the OS agnostic category): "There is a (very popular) Python package out there which exposes the win32 api. I'm not sure what it's called. (win32api? pythonwin? win32all?)" -- Francis...
by: Mason A. Clark | last post by:
For perhaps 80% of the web pages I view, I find it helpful if not necessary to use a trick to reveal the links. I use Opera and a button to shift it my own style sheet which does nothing but...
by: Stargazer | last post by:
I'm currently redesigning my site and just came across this awsome flying link script only problem is there is no spacing in the back and there are banner adds in the back of it. How can I change...
by: Fredrik Lundh | last post by:
the "what now?" page in the tutorial http://www.python.org/doc/tut/node14.html lists a couple of relevant web sites for Python users, including: http://www.python.org...
MMcCarthy
by: MMcCarthy | last post by:
This is a list of technical site links that many of our experts find useful. They are often included in posts in answer to repeated questions so I am posting a list of them here for convenience. ...
by: Paul Boddie | last post by:
QOTW: "I still want to keep compile time type checking to make sure I don't make any mistakes." "Sounds like you want two wives, but I'm pretty sure polygamy gets a checkbox in the naughty...
by: ppuniversal | last post by:
Can someone provide me links to some Windows API Thread tutorials. Or links to some books for the same. Pawan
iam_clint
by: iam_clint | last post by:
This is a list of offsite links with good information on them (if you have any links to add please pm me) Remember when looking for examples use examples from 2 or more sites if you are not sure...
iam_clint
by: iam_clint | last post by:
Starting a thread for flash tutorials and such.. got a good link? pm me. http://www.kirupa.com http://www.actionscript.org/resourc...ries/Tutorials/ http://www.gotoandlearn.com ...
eragon
by: eragon | last post by:
i have a script that will write to a text file from a form... using php scripts.. now i need a script to call from this file line by line, or any similar way of posting it, and insert it into my php...
by: CloudSolutions | last post by:
Introduction: For many beginners and individual users, requiring a credit card and email registration may pose a barrier when starting to use cloud servers. However, some cloud server providers now...
by: Faith0G | last post by:
I am starting a new it consulting business and it's been a while since I setup a new website. Is wordpress still the best web based software for hosting a 5 page website? The webpages will be...
by: taylorcarr | last post by:
A Canon printer is a smart device known for being advanced, efficient, and reliable. It is designed for home, office, and hybrid workspace use and can also be used for a variety of purposes. However,...
by: Charles Arthur | last post by:
How do i turn on java script on a villaon, callus and itel keypad mobile phone
by: ryjfgjl | last post by:
In our work, we often receive Excel tables with data in the same format. If we want to analyze these data, it can be difficult to analyze them because the data is spread across multiple Excel files...
by: emmanuelkatto | last post by:
Hi All, I am Emmanuel katto from Uganda. I want to ask what challenges you've faced while migrating a website to cloud. Please let me know. Thanks! Emmanuel
BarryA
by: BarryA | last post by:
What are the essential steps and strategies outlined in the Data Structures and Algorithms (DSA) roadmap for aspiring data scientists? How can individuals effectively utilize this roadmap to progress...
by: nemocccc | last post by:
hello, everyone, I want to develop a software for my android phone for daily needs, any suggestions?
by: Hystou | last post by:
There are some requirements for setting up RAID: 1. The motherboard and BIOS support RAID configuration. 2. The motherboard has 2 or more available SATA protocol SSD/HDD slots (including MSATA, M.2...

By using Bytes.com and it's services, you agree to our Privacy Policy and Terms of Use.

To disable or enable advertisements and analytics tracking please visit the manage ads & tracking page.