473,325 Members | 2,771 Online
Bytes | Software Development & Data Engineering Community
Post Job

Home Posts Topics Members FAQ

Join Bytes to post your question to a community of 473,325 software developers and data experts.

Filtering Combo Boxes/ No Duplicates

I have a form (frmOrder) which uses a subform, tblOrderLine, the field 'Product Type' is stored in tblProducts, I have a combo box (cboPType) which is linked to the product type field in tblProducts, however it contains repeated types (i.e. 30 books, 5 DVD's); I would like to filter the next combo box (combo68) which contains a list of products (linked to tblProducts) and, i would like to filter the combo box, so that if, say books are selected in the product type, the actual products list will change...how can i do this?
I'm new to Access so any help will be hugely appreciated THANKS IN ADVANCED!!!!
Feb 10 '07 #1
1 2195
NeoPa
32,556 Expert Mod 16PB
Check out this tutorial (Example Filtering on a Form.) and let me know if that helps you to do what you need.
Remember, we can be more precise if required so don't be put off if it's beyond you at the moment.
Feb 11 '07 #2

Sign in to post your reply or Sign up for a free account.

Similar topics

by: Mark V. | last post by:
Here's what I have and I'm stumped. I have a table that has several thousand names and addresses. I only want to send to one address in a household. So what I would like to do is create a new...
by: Sean | last post by:
Greetings all, I am attempting to make a form that will filter through several tables that (I believe) have refretial integrity. I am pulling data from several tables into the form and i would...
by: Jeff Smith | last post by:
Hi Here's a problem I've encountered with Access 2003 which has got me to redesign how I get the row source in a second combo box using the first combo box as a filter. In Access 2002 and...
by: dmkeith2 | last post by:
I have a table for all my combox boxes. ID: AutoNumber ComboName: text ComboValue: text with no duplicates I have create a query based on this table. I have also created two forms based on...
by: | last post by:
Hello, Does anyone have an idea on how I can filter the data in the gridview control that was returned by an sql query? I have a gridview that works fine when I populate it with data. Now I...
by: hackerslacker | last post by:
I have an ordering form that use two combo boxes to filter down the records of a Products table. This worked fine with the after_Update of the first filtering the records and creating the...
by: MLH | last post by:
I have a form with a subform control on it listing records returned by a saved query named UnbilledVehicles. I would like to put command buttons on the main form to apply dynamic filters to the...
by: Dev1 | last post by:
All- I'm new to this forum and i've been working with acces for about 2 days now. I have a form in which I have two combo boxes and depending on what is selected on the first dropdown the second...
by: RHooper | last post by:
Hi, I'm new to Access, so I apologize if this question is trivial. I am trying to set-up a quick filter for users to define on a form bound to a table. I have a combo box called...
by: ryjfgjl | last post by:
ExcelToDatabase: batch import excel into database automatically...
isladogs
by: isladogs | last post by:
The next Access Europe meeting will be on Wednesday 6 Mar 2024 starting at 18:00 UK time (6PM UTC) and finishing at about 19:15 (7.15PM). In this month's session, we are pleased to welcome back...
by: Vimpel783 | last post by:
Hello! Guys, I found this code on the Internet, but I need to modify it a little. It works well, the problem is this: Data is sent from only one cell, in this case B5, but it is necessary that data...
by: ArrayDB | last post by:
The error message I've encountered is; ERROR:root:Error generating model response: exception: access violation writing 0x0000000000005140, which seems to be indicative of an access violation...
by: CloudSolutions | last post by:
Introduction: For many beginners and individual users, requiring a credit card and email registration may pose a barrier when starting to use cloud servers. However, some cloud server providers now...
by: Shællîpôpï 09 | last post by:
If u are using a keypad phone, how do u turn on JavaScript, to access features like WhatsApp, Facebook, Instagram....
by: af34tf | last post by:
Hi Guys, I have a domain whose name is BytesLimited.com, and I want to sell it. Does anyone know about platforms that allow me to list my domain in auction for free. Thank you
by: Faith0G | last post by:
I am starting a new it consulting business and it's been a while since I setup a new website. Is wordpress still the best web based software for hosting a 5 page website? The webpages will be...
isladogs
by: isladogs | last post by:
The next Access Europe User Group meeting will be on Wednesday 3 Apr 2024 starting at 18:00 UK time (6PM UTC+1) and finishing by 19:30 (7.30PM). In this session, we are pleased to welcome former...

By using Bytes.com and it's services, you agree to our Privacy Policy and Terms of Use.

To disable or enable advertisements and analytics tracking please visit the manage ads & tracking page.