473,401 Members | 2,125 Online
Bytes | Software Development & Data Engineering Community
Post Job

Home Posts Topics Members FAQ

Join Bytes to post your question to a community of 473,401 software developers and data experts.

connecting to ms access with vb6

yoda
291 100+
i've got a question is it pausible to put a date base like (access) in a project in vb.6.0 and how would i do it if pasueible.

don't mind the spelling Yoda
Feb 28 '07 #1
126 16505
willakawill
1,646 1GB
i've got a question is it pausible to put a date base like (access) in a project in vb.6.0 and how would i do it if pasueible.

don't mind the spelling Yoda
Changing the title yoda because it will work better for others in a search
Feb 28 '07 #2
yoda
291 100+
thanks

willakawill :)
Feb 28 '07 #3
willakawill
1,646 1GB
thanks

willakawill :)
There is a lot to learn to achieve this. You can start by reading this page
Feb 28 '07 #4
Dököll
2,364 Expert 2GB
Hello Yoda!

If you searched here and could not find an answer, here is a simple fix. I remember adding something similar here, been out of the game lately:

(1) Start a brand new access database, if you haven't already
(2) Call it Yoda, the system will add .mdb for you
(3) Make a table called Yodamania, through design view
(4) Add 5 fields, UserID, Name, Address, Phone, Email
(5) Open your wonderful Yodamania table
(6) Add some data in this table to reflect the column names

Example:

in UserID, type 12345,
in Name, type Yodamania Dudette,
in Address, type 321 Fantastico Blv, Nothingham, UK,
in Phone, type 011-634-324-765-0987,
in Email, type yodamania@yodamdb.net

Start a new VB project, form1, project1 is by default, no need to rename the project if you feel you can go on as is:

(a) Drag 5 Textboxes to your form, namely Text1, Text2, and so on...
(b) Add a command button, call it Seek
(c) Add below code to this form of yours

Expand|Select|Wrap|Line Numbers
  2. 'this is searching for existing data in your access
  3. Private Sub Seek_Click() 'this is your button
  4. Dim my_database As Database           'dimension database as database 
  5. Dim my_record As Recordset              'dimension recordset as recordset
  7. Set my_database = OpenDatabase("C:\DataMining\Yoda.mdb")  
  9. 'You can change above path/folder name to location of your own access 
  10. 'database
  12. 'Going forward, above function will open the Yoda database 
  13. 'Make your Yoda databse is closed
  15. Set my_record = my_database.OpenRecordset("select * from Yodamania where UserID like '" & Text1.Text & "'")    ' this is used to search by user id
  17.    Do While Not my_record.EOF  
  19. 'this function will keep searching for fields matching each textbox
  21.         Text1.Text = my_record.Fields("UserID")
  22.         Text2.Text = my_record.Fields("Name")
  23.         Text3.Text = my_record.Fields("Address")
  24.         Text4.Text = my_record.Fields("Phone")
  25.         Text5.Text = my_record.Fields("Email")
  27.  my_record.MoveNext 
  28.    Loop
  29.    my_database.Close
  30. End Sub
Yoda if this does not get you started, please write again. I added this quickly for you, it should work straight away. Reply if you need more assistance.

In a bit!

Dököll
Feb 28 '07 #5
Dököll
2,364 Expert 2GB
Nuts, I did not see your replies here WillAkaWill...

Please carry on Yoda, and good luck :-)
Feb 28 '07 #6
willakawill
1,646 1GB
Nuts, I did not see your replies here WillAkaWill...

Please carry on Yoda, and good luck :-)
No problem D
You want to write an entire ADO tutorial for our mr yoda I'm right behind you :)
Go for it.
Feb 28 '07 #7
yoda
291 100+
thanks every 1 i'll get right on it when i have time right now i've got a lot of home work from school so i will get back to u guys.

Yoda
Mar 1 '07 #8
yoda
291 100+
sry but thats not all what if i wanted the stuff typed in to the text box's and save on the date base ?

Yoda :)
Mar 1 '07 #9
Dököll
2,364 Expert 2GB
No problem D
You want to write an entire ADO tutorial for our mr yoda I'm right behind you :)
Go for it.
I've been snoozing at work, new management, work from home, that sort of thing, just catching up with what I've missed thus far in our wonderful forum. Hopefully you are well :-)
Mar 1 '07 #10
Dököll
2,364 Expert 2GB
Yoda, you asked for it, here's the real deal, this is a lot simpler than the previous code:

(1) Leave your wonderful Yoda.mdb as is
(2) The code I gave you can be used to retrieve what you hope to enter
(My apologies, by the way, for the confusion, I thought you could not see data added in)
(3) Add a new button, call it subt
(4) Add Below code, please read it so you understand what is happening
(I could have a screw loose, so be careful)

2. Private Sub subt_Click()   ' Here is your button
  3. 'this function will load entry into your Yoda database
  5.         Dim my_database As Database 
  7. 'still dimension as database to VB knows what youa re attempting
  9.         Set my_database = OpenDatabase("C:\DataMining\Yoda.mdb")
  11. 'Keep below on the same line from my_database to '")", you are Excecuting this action to Yoda.mdb.  Values from your Text1, 2, ect.  Will entetred in UserID and so on...(Straight line Yoda, ok)
  13.         my_database.Execute "insert into Yoda.Yodamania(UserID, Name, Address, Phone,Email) Values('" & Text1.Text & "','" & Text2.Text & "' , '" & Text3.Text & "' , '" & Text4.Text & "','" & Text5.Text & "')"
  14.         my_database.Close ' 
  16. 'You will need to clear your textboxes here, do somehting like
  18. 'Text1.Text="" for all your textboxes
  20. End Sub  'You should be all set
Please send us a note if this does not work. Again, you Access database must remain closed at all times during your entries through VB. Have fun!
Mar 1 '07 #11
yoda
291 100+
sry but problem "my_database As Database" in code i will see wat i can do.

Mar 1 '07 #12
yoda
291 100+
sry another question do i still u the same code from the reply before yes/no

Mar 1 '07 #13
willakawill
1,646 1GB
sry another question do i still u the same code from the reply before yes/no

Which part of your class is this project yoda?
Mar 1 '07 #14
yoda
291 100+
not part of my classes at all i just want to know? because i'm really new to access and have already tried connecting access to VB 6.0 before and lost the battle i gave up until now i will get it your guys help.

Thanks Yoda
Mar 1 '07 #15
Dököll
2,364 Expert 2GB
That's ok, Yoda...

Let's start from the top:

(1)What part of access are you stuck in?

(2)You should get familiar with access first if you are goping to use it as a back-end (database).

(3)VB, as your front-end (Form or GUI), should know what is happening in the back-end.

(4)You may be waiting for data and cannot see a thing or if you are adding, Yodamania will be empty if youare not properly communicating to it.

(5)Did you make a table called Yodamania yet?
Mar 2 '07 #16
yoda
291 100+
i'm not stuck in access, i'm familiar with access, to know how to make one and how to add information to it. i know how to use vb 6 mostly not all but the basics
maybe but i don't think so there's the problem with my_database thing in the code when i debug it it says thats the problem and i'm not skill in this type of stuff. and yes i have made the table Yodamania.

Please help no hurry though i won't be here this weekend.

Yoda
Mar 2 '07 #17
vijaydiwakar
579 512MB
Sorry i've not gone through the discusion at all if u pls explain thy problem in detail i'll try to solve it
bye
Mar 2 '07 #18
yoda
291 100+
Sorry i've not gone through the discusion at all if u pls explain thy problem in detail i'll try to solve it
bye
the problem is i want to add to the database through VB 6.0 and i've tried a lot of things but so far its not working. there are two text boxs called User id and password and i would like that info transfered to a database called Yodamanina to a table called yoda.

if u could help thanks.
Mar 2 '07 #19
yoda
291 100+
can u people plz help me its really buging me!!!!!!!!!

Yoda
Mar 4 '07 #20
Dököll
2,364 Expert 2GB
I see...

Let's go into your Username and Password first. We'll put the actual interaction to Yoda database on the back burner for now until you can get a working password, how's that for a deal?

VB has a wonderful Username and Password form you can use. Assuming you have a Splash screen, which is a pretty good idea, by the way, if you need to better present your application. You probably already know that:

(1) Run VB, choose project, add form, select Splash Screen

(2) You do not need to rename your splash, simply go to its properties and make it your Start up form (should help with the code added here)

(3) Go into the code automatically generated by Microsoft for this Splash Screen, delete everything and add below code. I have not commented too much, pretty basic though, please write if you need to know more about it

3. Option Explicit
  5. Private Sub Cancel_Click() 'Cancel button, just in case you need to get out
  6. End
  7. End Sub
  9. Private Sub Form_Load() 'Add your name or copyright info to this
  10.     lblVersion.Caption = "Version " & App.Major & "." & App.Minor & "." & App.Revision
  11.     lblProductName.Caption = App.Title 'Simply Yoda  should be good here
  12. End Sub
  15. Private Sub Start_Click()
  16. frmSplash.Visible = False
  17. Login.Visible = True
  18. End Sub
I merely modified Microsoft's code to reflect what I wanted. You will need 2 buttons:

(a) Call a button Cancel, call the other Start

(b) In above Start button command reflect visibility for the Splash Screen (frmSplash) to False

(c) You can jump the gun here by adding a command for the password form you will add later, notice Login.Visible = True in above code

What this means is when you click the Start button, Splash Screen goes and your wonderful Login form appears. Please forgive me for explaining too much, just making sure you get it.

Now, at the risk of running out of room here, I'll jump to a new post with code for Login form...
Mar 5 '07 #21
Dököll
2,364 Expert 2GB
...the Login form is also pretty basic:

(1)Run VB,

(2)go to project,

3)add from,

(4)choose Log in Dialog

Again, delete everything, then add the code below, also generated by Microsoft, I modified for today's use. Also delete my 'comments as you wish:

2. Option Explicit
  4. Public LoginSucceeded As Boolean
  6. Private Sub cmdCancel_Click() 'button added by Microsoft
  7.     LoginSucceeded = False 'Micorsoft code
  8.     Me.Hide
  9.     Login.Visible = False 
  11. 'Your form called Login set to False for visibility if password is correct, your VB form that collects data from Yodamania table should be True for visibility
  13.     End Sub
  16. Private Sub cmdOK_Click() 'check for correct password
  17.     If txtPassword = "password1" Then 
  19. 'change the password here if you do not like it, Y045DA, or something in that kind of a line
  21.         LoginSucceeded = True
  22.         Me.Hide
  23.         Login.Visible = False
  24.         About.Visible = True 
  26. 'About can be changed to the name of your VB form that will hold data from Yodamania table
  28.     Else
  29.         MsgBox "Sorry! Invalid Password, please try again.", , "Login" 
  31. 'Login is the name of your Username and Password  form, if you changed the name of your form, you'll need to change it in the code here too
  33.         txtPassword.SetFocus
  34.         SendKeys "{Home}+{End}"
  35.     End If
  36. End Sub
Please note: If you originally added your VB form as Start up form, and did not have a splash screen, remember to change it, since you now have a Splash Screen and your Splash Screen is read as your Start up form.

I urge you to write again if this does not make sense, or if you are ready to access Yodamania table.

Good luck, Yoda!

Dököll
Mar 5 '07 #22
yoda
291 100+
I see...

Let's go into your Username and Password first. We'll put the actual interaction to Yoda database on the back burner for now until you can get a working password, how's that for a deal?

VB has a wonderful Username and Password form you can use. Assuming you have a Splash screen, which is a pretty good idea, by the way, if you need to better present your application. You probably already know that:

(1) Run VB, choose project, add form, select Splash Screen

(2) You do not need to rename your splash, simply go to its properties and make it your Start up form (should help with the code added here)

(3) Go into the code automatically generated by Microsoft for this Splash Screen, delete everything and add below code. I have not commented too much, pretty basic though, please write if you need to know more about it

3. Option Explicit
  5. Private Sub Cancel_Click() 'Cancel button, just in case you need to get out
  6. End
  7. End Sub
  9. Private Sub Form_Load() 'Add your name or copyright info to this
  10.     lblVersion.Caption = "Version " & App.Major & "." & App.Minor & "." & App.Revision
  11.     lblProductName.Caption = App.Title 'Simply Yoda  should be good here
  12. End Sub
  15. Private Sub Start_Click()
  16. frmSplash.Visible = False
  17. Login.Visible = True
  18. End Sub
I merely modified Microsoft's code to reflect what I wanted. You will need 2 buttons:

(a) Call a button Cancel, call the other Start

(b) In above Start button command reflect visibility for the Splash Screen (frmSplash) to False

(c) You can jump the gun here by adding a command for the password form you will add later, notice Login.Visible = True in above code

What this means is when you click the Start button, Splash Screen goes and your wonderful Login form appears. Please forgive me for explaining too much, just making sure you get it.

Now, at the risk of running out of room here, I'll jump to a new post with code for Login form...

VB 6.0doesn't like this: "lblVersion.Caption" in where u put it.
Mar 6 '07 #23
yoda
291 100+
...the Login form is also pretty basic:

(1)Run VB,

(2)go to project,

3)add from,

(4)choose Log in Dialog

Again, delete everything, then add the code below, also generated by Microsoft, I modified for today's use. Also delete my 'comments as you wish:

2. Option Explicit
  6. Private Sub cmdCancel_Click() 'button added by Microsoft
  7.     LoginSucceeded = False 'Micorsoft code
  8.     Me.Hide
  11. 'Your form called Login set to False for visibility if password is correct, your VB form that collects data from Yodamania table should be True for visibility
  13.     End Sub
  16. Private Sub cmdOK_Click() 'check for correct password
  17.     If txtPassword = "password1" Then 
  19. 'change the password here if you do not like it, Y045DA, or something in that kind of a line
  21.         LoginSucceeded = True
  22.         Me.Hide
  23.         Login.Visible = False
  24.         About.Visible = True 
  26. 'About can be changed to the name of your VB form that will hold data from Yodamania table
  28.     Else
  29.         MsgBox "Sorry! Invalid Password, please try again.", , "Login" 
  31. 'Login is the name of your Username and Password  form, if you changed the name of your form, you'll need to change it in the code here too
  33.         txtPassword.SetFocus
  34.         SendKeys "{Home}+{End}"
  35.     End If
  36. End Sub
Please note: If you originally added your VB form as Start up form, and did not have a splash screen, remember to change it, since you now have a Splash Screen and your Splash Screen is read as your Start up form.

I urge you to write again if this does not make sense, or if you are ready to access Yodamania table.

Good luck, Yoda!

Dököll

For some reason vb 6.0 doesn't like this under whatit is: "Login.Visible = False" it doesn't like Login at all thanks for helping me.!!!!!!!!

Yoda
Mar 6 '07 #24
Dököll
2,364 Expert 2GB
What happends when you add the code from both postings in?

Does anything work at all? For instance, do you ahve a Splash Screen?
Mar 6 '07 #25
yoda
291 100+
What happends when you add the code from both postings in?

Does anything work at all? For instance, do you ahve a Splash Screen?
1 question before we get to that wat is a splash screen and i didn't put the codes in at the same time sorry.

i'm still kind of a newb at vb and acess.

Yoda thanks
Mar 6 '07 #26
yoda
291 100+
VB 6.0doesn't like this: "lblVersion.Caption" in where u put it.
it still doesn't work with all the code from what i can see "lblVerison.Caption" is wrong or something.

thanks for helping me out

Yoda
Mar 6 '07 #27
yoda
291 100+
sry another question of the code Y do u need to put Version in there with lblVersion.Caption.? and an error message pops up saying variable not defined.

thanks Yoda :)
Mar 6 '07 #28
Dököll
2,364 Expert 2GB
Hey Yoda!

Let's give it another whirl. We'll continue with more important stuff, like getting your Splash Screen to connect to your Passworsd form. I am going to add the code again, this time without comments. All you'll need to do is copy and paste, ok.

SPLASH SCREEN

Your Splash Screen Code is simpler now. Again Delete what you have, make sure your Splash Screen form is called frmSplash:

(1)Add 1 command button, name it Cancel

(2Add another button, name it Start

(3)Add below code to your Splash Screen form called frmSplash

2. Option Explicit
  4. Private Sub Cancel_Click()
  5. End
  6. End Sub
  9. Private Sub Start_Click()
  10. frmSplash.Visible = False
  11. Login.Visible = True
  12. End Sub
Save and run the code to make sure the Splash Screen works, then move on to next step (This form should be your Start up form)

(a)Right-click on frmSplash,

(b)go to Properties and make frmSplash your Start up form

Moving on...

LOGIN SCREEN

Let's now go into your Password form, make sure it is called Login

You will not need any additional buttons here, our good friend Bill Gates and Co thought this through for us...

Again, Delete what you have Login, and add below code:

2. Option Explicit
  6. Private Sub cmdCancel_Click()
  7.     LoginSucceeded = False
  8.     Me.Hide
  10. End Sub
  13. Private Sub cmdOK_Click()
  15.     If txtPassword = "password1" Then
  16.         LoginSucceeded = True
  17.         Me.Hide
  18.         Login.Visible = False
  19.         About.Visible = True
  20.     Else
  21.         MsgBox "Sorry! Invalid Password, please try again.", , "Login"
  22.         txtPassword.SetFocus
  23.         SendKeys "{Home}+{End}"
  24.     End If
  25. End Sub
If you did not change anything in the code and used it as is, you should be all set Yoda. Keep the password as password1 for now, just to be sure you're not toying with the code, at least until all works well at your end of it. Deal!
Mar 7 '07 #29
Dököll
2,364 Expert 2GB
...ok,

Whatever name you chose for the form you will be using to add data to your Yodamania table, let's change it to something else. This is to avoid confusion:

(1)Go to that form you created

(2)Right-click on the form name through its properties window

(3)Change it to About

Notice: About was included in your Login form code

Go into the code for About, Delete everything you have, then add the below in order to add data to Yodamania table:

ABOUT SCREEN

If you already added 5 Textboxes, move on to the code, if not, add 5 Textboxes

(a) Text1
(b) Text2
(c) Text3
(d) Text4
(e) Text5

Go to your C: Drive, make a folder named DataMining
Copy and Paste your Yoda.mdb database to DataMining
(Very Important)

The code below is set to find Yoda.mdb in that folder...

Assuming you have a button named subt on About form, Copy and Paste this code, my friend. Be sure Values, in the code stays on the same line as UserID and Text1, ok

2. Private Sub subt_Click()   
  4.         Dim my_database As Database
  5.         Set my_database = OpenDatabase("C:\DataMining\Yoda.mdb")
  6.         my_database.Execute "insert into Yoda.Yodamania(UserID, Name, Address, Phone,Email) Values('" & Text1.Text & "','" & Text2.Text & "' , '" & Text3.Text & "','" & Text4.Text & "' , '" & Text5.Text & "')"
  7.         my_database.Close
  10. Text1.Text=""
  11. Text2.Text=""
  12. Text3.Text=""
  13. Text4.Text=""
  14. Text5.Text=""
  17. End Sub

(1)Run the code try adding to Yodamania.

(2)Make sure Yoda.mbd is closed.

(3)After adding data through Text1, Text2, etc...

(4)Open Yoda.mdb from your DataMining folder on ypur C: drive and see if what you typed in is there, if so, you're on your way :-)
Mar 7 '07 #30
Dököll
2,364 Expert 2GB
I forgot to tell you what to put into About. We want to make Text1 your search field. If you already added something in and you know what it is, forget about the below reply to this post. Or else, add data in the following fashion:

(1) In Text1, Type 1234 (This goes to UserID field in Access table called Yodamania)

(2) In Text2, Type Yoda Friend (This goes to Name field in Access table called Yodamania)

(3) In Text3, Type 12 Bolt Court, Utah (This goes to Address field in Access table called Yodamania)

(4) In Text4, Type 301-555-5544 (This goes to Phone field in Access table called Yodamania)

(5) In Text5, Type Yoda@FeelGoodNet.org (This goes to Email field in Access table called Yodamania)

Add additional data to reflect different UserID numbers like, 1235, 1236, then add other specific data to each so each name, address, etc, is distinguished.

You tell me how this works out Yoda, then we'll move on to retrieving this data.

In a bit!

Dököll
Mar 7 '07 #31
yoda
291 100+
thanks i'll try out te code.

yoda
Mar 7 '07 #32
yoda
291 100+
any sry but tht didn't work i there and can u a explain wat about is and how to do it ur confuseing me or we could do it the easy way and wat ever they put in the text box's goes to a txt document like note pad or something i just want this to work.

Yoda thanks for the help so far. :)
Mar 7 '07 #33
Dököll
2,364 Expert 2GB
No worrries mate...Let's try again.

Questions:

(1) Is your Splash Screen working?

(2) Is your Login form working?

(3) Do you have a form with 5 Textboxes?

(4) What is the name of that form?

Send me answers to the above questions and we will work around that, ok, no problem :-)
Mar 8 '07 #34
yoda
291 100+
No worrries mate...Let's try again.

Questions:

(1) Is your Splash Screen working?

(2) Is your Login form working?

(3) Do you have a form with 5 Textboxes?

(4) What is the name of that form?

Send me answers to the above questions and we will work around that, ok, no problem :-)
1) i don't know wat a splash sceeen is.

2) yes i think when u mean it shows up until the code is wrong.

3) yes but wat if i only wanted 2 text box's User id and password

4)the form is loginfrm.frm
Mar 8 '07 #35
Dököll
2,364 Expert 2GB
We're off to good start Yoda :-)

Thanks for letting me know what you have going, this is good. Now what answer the following questions:

(1) Is loginfrm.frm the only form you have?
(2) Do you have buttons on this form?
(3) How many buttons?
(4) What are they called?

Answer the above and we'll continue, good job...

Dököll
Mar 9 '07 #36
yoda
291 100+
We're off to good start Yoda :-)

Thanks for letting me know what you have going, this is good. Now what answer the following questions:

(1) Is loginfrm.frm the only form you have?
(2) Do you have buttons on this form?
(3) How many buttons?
(4) What are they called?

Answer the above and we'll continue, good job...

Dököll
1) loginfrm is the only form

2) yes i have buttons

3) i have 2 buttons

4) the first one is "ok" the second one is "cancel"
Mar 9 '07 #37
Dököll
2,364 Expert 2GB
Fantastic...

(1)Can you go to the properties of these buttons?

(2)Is the ok button called command1 in its properties window?

(3)Is the cancel button called command2 in its properties window?

(4)If you named the buttons yourself, tell me the names that are showing for each?

Answer the above and we can go on...Good job Yoda...
Mar 10 '07 #38
yoda
291 100+
Fantastic...

(4)If you named the buttons yourself, tell me the names that are showing for each?

1) yes if the porperties are on the side, of vb.60

2)the button is called on the form "ok" but in porperties it is called "cmdOK"

3) the button is called on the form "cancel" but in porperties it is called "cmdCancel".

4) the buttoms on the form are called OK and Cancel
Mar 10 '07 #39
willakawill
1,646 1GB
Fantastic...

I warned you about this way back on the first page. What I am curious about is this: are you going to do a complete programming tutorial for everyone who asks this question? There are tutorials out there on the web. It makes sense to point people in the right direction. It is not efficient to spend this much time tutoring one person. Of course, as long as it is not an assignment, you can choose to spend your time as you wish :)
Mar 10 '07 #40
yoda
291 100+
I warned you about this way back on the first page. What I am curious about is this: are you going to do a complete programming tutorial for everyone who asks this question? There are tutorials out there on the web. It makes sense to point people in the right direction. It is not efficient to spend this much time tutoring one person. Of course, as long as it is not an assignment, you can choose to spend your time as you wish :)
he's just trying to help and the tutorial wasn't much help the 1 u gave me, but this is not assignment so don't stop him i need his help cause i'm really new to access and VB.

Mar 11 '07 #41
Dököll
2,364 Expert 2GB
You are so nice, WillAkaWill, thank you for your thoughts...

No, I am not going to do a complete tutorial for everyone; though I did intend to at some point. And to tell you the truth, I think of this site as a global tutorial-friendly site. If one could search right, answers to a number of FAQs would be found. Indeed, a direction to the right/solid source is just and helpful, especially in the case one is just passing through, but hints to likely/right away solutions would make waves for someone in dire need. I have learned to separate from posts that are just to shoot the breeze. With Yoda, we can achieve something. I have a hint, we'll have this one nailed, perhaps learn something, tips and tricks, a treat, something in that kind of a line...It sounds like I have your blessing to continue, hopefully Yoda is here for the long hall :-)
Mar 11 '07 #42
willakawill
1,646 1GB
You don't need any blessing from me. Post whatever you wish. It is not my business. I haven't read the posts on this thread after the first page. I just noticed that you had reached 4 pages and thought that, perhaps, you may have felt obliged to continue. Post away my friend :)
Mar 11 '07 #43
Dököll
2,364 Expert 2GB
Blessing is far beyond what I hope to gather, just applauding the fact that you wish I continue if I so choose. You're a kind person, I'll stop spreading rumors :-)
Mar 11 '07 #44
Dököll
2,364 Expert 2GB
Where are you Yoda? You have yet to respond to my previous post good buddy...
Mar 11 '07 #45
yoda
291 100+
Where are you Yoda? You have yet to respond to my previous post good buddy...
i'm here, check page 4 last post.
Mar 11 '07 #46
Dököll
2,364 Expert 2GB
You're right, I completely missed that post...

Fantastic, I need you to do 3 things:

(1) Go to the properties of the two Textboxes you have on loginfrm.frm
(2) Give me the names showing for each Textbox properties
(3) Provide me the code you have written for loginfrm.frm

I need to see your code whether or not it works, ok.

In a bit...
Mar 11 '07 #47
sajib
moved to separate thread here
Mar 11 '07 #48
Dököll
2,364 Expert 2GB
Hey sajib!

Here is a good way you can get some help in this:

(1) Copy the post you added here

(2) Start a new discussion (you'll see link to your upper right to do this)

(3) Paste the post in the body

(3) Add LIBRARY MANAGEMENT ODBC CONNECTION in the subject line

(3) Submit your post

It will be a little more specific to your needs. Please forgive me, I am currently aiding Yoda. If nothing pops up for you, I'll take a look when Yoda and I have mastered the project at hand.

Good luck sajib!

Dököll
Mar 11 '07 #49
yoda
291 100+
You're right, I completely missed that post...

Fantastic, I need you to do 3 things:

(1) Go to the properties of the two Textboxes you have on loginfrm.frm
(2) Give me the names showing for each Textbox properties
(3) Provide me the code you have written for loginfrm.frm

I need to see your code whether or not it works, ok.

In a bit...

the first text box is called txtUserName and the second is txtPassword
the code i'm using is the code u provide in the couple of apges but i'll post it any way.

1.  Option Explicit
  3. Public LoginSucceeded As Boolean
  5. Private Sub cmdCancel_Click()
  6. LoginSucceeded = False 'Micorsoft code
  7.     Me.Hide
  8.     Login.Visible = False
  9. End Sub
  11. Private Sub cmdOK_Click()
  12.     frmSplash.Visible = False
  13.     Login.Visible = True
  14.     End
  15.     If txtPassword = "password1" Then
  17. 'change the password here if you do not like it, Y045DA, or something in that kind of a line
  19.         LoginSucceeded = True
  20.         Me.Hide
  21.         Login.Visible = False
  22.         About.Visible = True
  23.         LoginSucceeded = True
  24.         Me.Hide
  25.     Else
  26.         MsgBox "Invalid Password, try again!", , "Login"
  27.         txtPassword.SetFocus
  28.         SendKeys "{Home}+{End}"
  29.     End If
  30. End Sub
  32. Private Sub Form_Load()
  33.  lblVersion.Caption = "Version " & App.Major & "." & App.Minor & "." & App.Revision
  34.     lblProductName.Caption = App.Title 'Simply Yoda  should be good here
  35. End Sub
Mar 11 '07 #50

Sign in to post your reply or Sign up for a free account.