473,409 Members | 1,954 Online
Bytes | Software Development & Data Engineering Community
Post Job

Home Posts Topics Members FAQ

Join Bytes to post your question to a community of 473,409 software developers and data experts.

Just need a bit of help. Please?

I wondering if anyone has an idea as to why this:

<div style="width:100%; height:15000px; position: absolute; top:0px; left:0px; background-color:000000">

ALL THE OTHER CODES

</div>

works perfectly on Firefox, but on IE it doesn't fill the entire width. Is there a specific line of code that will remedy this, or am I just kind of stuck?
Mar 7 '07 #1
6 1552
AricC
1,892 Expert 1GB
I wondering if anyone has an idea as to why this:

<div style="width:100%; height:15000px; position: absolute; top:0px; left:0px; background-color:000000">

ALL THE OTHER CODES

</div>

works perfectly on Firefox, but on IE it doesn't fill the entire width. Is there a specific line of code that will remedy this, or am I just kind of stuck?
It does fill the entire width in both browsers, change this code:
Expand|Select|Wrap|Line Numbers
  1. background-color:000000
To:
  1. background-color: #000000
Mar 7 '07 #2
It does fill the entire width in both browsers, change this code:
  1. background-color:000000
To:
  1. background-color: #000000

So, I just tried that suggestion, and sadly it didn't work. (I know I'm gonna get sh** for this...) Could it possibly be conflicting with myspace's codes?

I'm just so confused.
Mar 8 '07 #3
AricC
1,892 Expert 1GB
So, I just tried that suggestion, and sadly it didn't work. (I know I'm gonna get sh** for this...) Could it possibly be conflicting with myspace's codes?

I'm just so confused.
You won't get any shit from us, we are here too help! Copy the following code to notepad and save it with a .htm extension. Then open it with both browsers to see how it should look. I can't say about myspace we generally don't/try not to mess with myspace code here, they have some odd rules as well as crappily (not really a word but you get my point) written code. Also, be aware that myspace will terminate your account on the spot if you try to remove any of their ad code etc..

1. <!DOCTYPE HTML PUBLIC "-//W3C//DTD HTML 4.01//EN" "http://www.w3.org/TR/html4/strict.dtd">
  2.     <html>
  3.         <head>
  4.             <title>TEST MAX WIDTH</title>
  6.         </head>
  7.             <body>
  8.                <div style="width:100%; color: #FFFFFF; height:15000px; position: absolute; top:0px;left:0px;background-color:#000000">
  9.         Hello World
  10.         </div>
  11.             </body>
  12. </html>
Mar 8 '07 #4
Ok, I tried what you told me to do, and in IE it still doesn't cover the whole width. It looks like maybe 10-20 pixels are still not covered, even with the "width:100%".

It's very odd.
Mar 8 '07 #5
AricC
1,892 Expert 1GB
Ok, I tried what you told me to do, and in IE it still doesn't cover the whole width. It looks like maybe 10-20 pixels are still not covered, even with the "width:100%".

It's very odd.
Ok sorry about that here you go:
  1. <style type="text/css">
  2. body
  3. {
  4. margin: 0px;
  5. }
  6. </style>
Add this in the <head> tag.

HTH,
Aric
Mar 8 '07 #6
All right... I entered that into the code in notepad for the test, and it worked perfectly. However, when I did it on myspace, it still has a huge gap on the right hand side. I fear it may just be a lost cause. However, if you feel like taking a look for yourself at my page on Firefox, and then on IE, perhaps you can see something else...?

http://www.myspace.com/fskoolaid

I truly do appreciate everything you've done for me. Even if this doesn't get remedied, it's still great to know we tried. (And then blame it all on myspace! lol)
Mar 8 '07 #7

Sign in to post your reply or Sign up for a free account.

Similar topics

by: mike | last post by:
Hello, After trying to validate this page for a couple of days now I was wondering if someone might be able to help me out. Below is a list of snippets where I am having the errors. 1. Line 334,...
by: Jim Hubbard | last post by:
It seems that Microsoft not only does not need the classic Visual Basic developer army (the largest army of developers the world has ever seen), but now they don't need ANY Windows developer at a...
by: TrvlOrm | last post by:
HI There, I have been struggling with JavaScript code for days now, and this is my last resort! Please help... I am trying to create a JavaScript slide show with links for Next Slide,...
by: x muzuo | last post by:
Hi guys, I have got a prob of javascript form validation which just doesnt work with my ASP code. Can any one help me out please. Here is the code: {////<<head> <title>IIBO Submit Page</title>...
by: x muzuo | last post by:
Hi guys, I have got a prob of javascript form validation which just doesnt work with my ASP code. Can any one help me out please. Here is the code: ...
by: CM | last post by:
Hi, Could anyone please help me? I am completing my Master's Degree and need to reproduce a Webpage in Word. Aspects of the page are lost and some of the text goes. I would really appreciate it....
by: Hasin Hayder | last post by:
I have been working with PHP for more than 3yrs (I believe still I am beginner in this category) - I was present in several interview board. Which things disappointed me most is the "lack of...
by: Untitled123 | last post by:
Hey guys!! I am Planning on Creating a Computer vs. User Chess game involving Artificial Intelligence... by just using TURBO C++ This is NOT impossible!! Please understand that my seniors...
by: eskgwin | last post by:
I have this piece of code that takes a day of the year and converts it to the month and day of month: char start_mon; char start_day; int s_day = 84; time_t daysecs = (s_day * 86400) - 1;...
by: emmanuelkatto | last post by:
Hi All, I am Emmanuel katto from Uganda. I want to ask what challenges you've faced while migrating a website to cloud. Please let me know. Thanks! Emmanuel
BarryA
by: BarryA | last post by:
What are the essential steps and strategies outlined in the Data Structures and Algorithms (DSA) roadmap for aspiring data scientists? How can individuals effectively utilize this roadmap to progress...
marktang
by: marktang | last post by:
ONU (Optical Network Unit) is one of the key components for providing high-speed Internet services. Its primary function is to act as an endpoint device located at the user's premises. However,...
jinu1996
by: jinu1996 | last post by:
In today's digital age, having a compelling online presence is paramount for businesses aiming to thrive in a competitive landscape. At the heart of this digital strategy lies an intricately woven...
by: Hystou | last post by:
Overview: Windows 11 and 10 have less user interface control over operating system update behaviour than previous versions of Windows. In Windows 11 and 10, there is no way to turn off the Windows...
tracyyun
by: tracyyun | last post by:
Dear forum friends, With the development of smart home technology, a variety of wireless communication protocols have appeared on the market, such as Zigbee, Z-Wave, Wi-Fi, Bluetooth, etc. Each...
agi2029
by: agi2029 | last post by:
Let's talk about the concept of autonomous AI software engineers and no-code agents. These AIs are designed to manage the entire lifecycle of a software development project—planning, coding, testing,...
isladogs
by: isladogs | last post by:
The next Access Europe User Group meeting will be on Wednesday 1 May 2024 starting at 18:00 UK time (6PM UTC+1) and finishing by 19:30 (7.30PM). In this session, we are pleased to welcome a new...
by: conductexam | last post by:
I have .net C# application in which I am extracting data from word file and save it in database particularly. To store word all data as it is I am converting the whole word file firstly in HTML and...

By using Bytes.com and it's services, you agree to our Privacy Policy and Terms of Use.

To disable or enable advertisements and analytics tracking please visit the manage ads & tracking page.