473,322 Members | 1,409 Online
Bytes | Software Development & Data Engineering Community
Post Job

Home Posts Topics Members FAQ

Join Bytes to post your question to a community of 473,322 software developers and data experts.

Running Average

Hello,

How do I create a running average for a specific field for the last say 7days that updates itself every day based on what data is entered that day. In my row of data I do have a "Date" field so I need the average of the last 7 days data entered without losing any data from my main table.

I appreciate any comment,

John
Mar 8 '07 #1
1 1553
bartonc
6,596 Expert 4TB
Hello,

How do I create a running average for a specific field for the last say 7days that updates itself every day based on what data is entered that day. In my row of data I do have a "Date" field so I need the average of the last 7 days data entered without losing any data from my main table.

I appreciate any comment,

John
Hi John. Your post isn't actually a Miscellaneous Discussions. Please find the link to the relevant forum (are you looking for the Access Forum?) on the right hand side of the page. Thanks for joining and reading the "POSTING GUIDELINES".
Mar 8 '07 #2

Sign in to post your reply or Sign up for a free account.

Similar topics

by: Edg Bamyasi | last post by:
This Is A Late Cross Post from comp.lang.python. It seems the mistery is deeper then i expected. What is the running time of conactination on character strings. i.e. >> joe="123" >>...
by: los | last post by:
Hi, I'm trying to create a program similar to that of Google's desktop that will crawl through the hard drive and index files. I have written the program and as of now I just put the thread to...
by: Elliot English | last post by:
How can I get mysql to do a running average of a given field using dates from another column so that the average for each element is for a given time period rather than from the 5 rows next to the...
by: Steve Thorpe | last post by:
Hi I am trying to write a report that calculates the average number of sales over 7, 14, 31 and 365 days for each hourly period of the day. the problem is it takes over 4 minutes to run. ...
by: Stephen Miller | last post by:
Hi, I am trying to add a staggered running total and average to a query returning quarterly CPI data. I need to add 4 quarterly data points together to calculate a moving 12-month sum (YrCPI),...
by: nickdu | last post by:
I'm trying to isolate "applications" into their own application domain within a single process. I've quoted applications because it's a logical representation of an application. Basically it...
by: mochatrpl | last post by:
I am looking for a way to make a query / report display the running average for total dollars. I have already set up a query to provide totals dollars per day from which a report graphly shows...
by: John Grewar | last post by:
Hello, I have actually asked this before but can't find it on the site (I'm still new here). I have got numerical data coming into my database twice a day for each specific subject that is being...
by: Mark | last post by:
Hi, I'm new to python and looking for a better idiom to use for the manner I have been organising my python scripts. I've googled all over the place about this but found absolutely nothing. I'm...
by: Shum | last post by:
Hi ... I'm given the task of keeping a running average of number of patients over 20 days, and plotting it in a graph.. What is basically running average? is it simple average or what.. ? and how...
by: DolphinDB | last post by:
Tired of spending countless mintues downsampling your data? Look no further! In this article, you’ll learn how to efficiently downsample 6.48 billion high-frequency records to 61 million...
by: ryjfgjl | last post by:
ExcelToDatabase: batch import excel into database automatically...
isladogs
by: isladogs | last post by:
The next Access Europe meeting will be on Wednesday 6 Mar 2024 starting at 18:00 UK time (6PM UTC) and finishing at about 19:15 (7.15PM). In this month's session, we are pleased to welcome back...
by: Vimpel783 | last post by:
Hello! Guys, I found this code on the Internet, but I need to modify it a little. It works well, the problem is this: Data is sent from only one cell, in this case B5, but it is necessary that data...
by: jfyes | last post by:
As a hardware engineer, after seeing that CEIWEI recently released a new tool for Modbus RTU Over TCP/UDP filtering and monitoring, I actively went to its official website to take a look. It turned...
by: PapaRatzi | last post by:
Hello, I am teaching myself MS Access forms design and Visual Basic. I've created a table to capture a list of Top 30 singles and forms to capture new entries. The final step is a form (unbound)...
by: Shællîpôpï 09 | last post by:
If u are using a keypad phone, how do u turn on JavaScript, to access features like WhatsApp, Facebook, Instagram....
by: Faith0G | last post by:
I am starting a new it consulting business and it's been a while since I setup a new website. Is wordpress still the best web based software for hosting a 5 page website? The webpages will be...
isladogs
by: isladogs | last post by:
The next Access Europe User Group meeting will be on Wednesday 3 Apr 2024 starting at 18:00 UK time (6PM UTC+1) and finishing by 19:30 (7.30PM). In this session, we are pleased to welcome former...

By using Bytes.com and it's services, you agree to our Privacy Policy and Terms of Use.

To disable or enable advertisements and analytics tracking please visit the manage ads & tracking page.