473,324 Members | 1,678 Online
Bytes | Software Development & Data Engineering Community
Post Job

Home Posts Topics Members FAQ

Join Bytes to post your question to a community of 473,324 software developers and data experts.

Text in H3 tag is missing when using CSS

Hi - I'm using xhtml 1.0 and css 2.0 to code my website. I've run into an odd
problem. I have a simple <h3> element (centered) under my photo, but as you can see Iin FIREFOX, Opera and Netscape) the first word of my <h3> header is tossed to the right top of larger div. Can anyone help. It seems like this only happens when the first word is very short (two or three chars). Thanks sooo much. linda

http://www.acrosstheuniverse.us/zpaphotoladinette.htm
Mar 10 '07 #1
14 2518
Ganon11
3,652 Expert 2GB
This question should be in the HTML / CSS forum.
Mar 10 '07 #2
problem. I have a simple <h3> element (centered) under my photo, but as you can see Iin FIREFOX, Opera and Netscape) the first word of my <h3> header is tossed to the right top of larger div. Can anyone help. It seems like this only happens when the first word is very short (two or three chars). Thanks sooo much. linda

Mar 10 '07 #3
AricC
1,892 Expert 1GB

Linda,
I'm not seeing the problem can u specify please, also your HTML is not valid.
Mar 10 '07 #4
r035198x
13,262 8TB
This question should be in the HTML / CSS forum.
...and has now been moved to the HTML forum.
Mar 10 '07 #5
ronverdonk
4,258 Expert 4TB

Also happens in IE 6. The word 'la' is displayed just after the top right of the image. Must have to do with 'clear' attribute.

Ronald :cool:
Mar 10 '07 #6
ronverdonk
4,258 Expert 4TB
This is a double post from thread http://www.thescripts.com/forum/thread614573.html in this same forum.

Mar 10 '07 #7
Linda,
I'm not seeing the problem can u specify please, also your HTML is not valid.
Thank you for looking. And, I apologize for posting this twice (I had entered the first and then couldn't find it).

When I add 'clear: both;' to my h3 tag, the text stays together. Thank you again.

Linda Jimerson
Mar 10 '07 #8
This is a double post from thread http://www.thescripts.com/forum/thread614573.html in this same forum.

I apologize - I had entered my problem (the first time) and then couldn't find it.

I did get really good info. Adding clear: both; to my h3 tag seems to have resolved my problem. Linda JImerson
Mar 10 '07 #9
Also happens in IE 6. The word 'la' is displayed just after the top right of the image. Must have to do with 'clear' attribute.

I apologize for entering my problem twice. I added it the first time and then couldn't find it.

Thanks for your "Clear" info - it fixed my problem. Do you know why this happens - it seems a bit odd. Thank you again. Linda JImerson
Mar 10 '07 #10
Banfa
9,065 Expert Mod 8TB
Strictly speaking not a double post as the OP originally posted in 2 separate forums. The double post effect was created when a mod moved 1 post to the same forum as the other.

Anyway I have merged the threads to reduce confusion.
Mar 10 '07 #11
AricC
1,892 Expert 1GB
Strictly speaking not a double post as the OP originally posted in 2 separate forums. The double post effect was created when a mod moved 1 post to the same forum as the other.

Anyway I have merged the threads to reduce confusion.
Thanks Banfa,
Linda have you fixed the clearing problem yet????????
Mar 10 '07 #12
Thanks Banfa,
Linda have you fixed the clearing problem yet????????
Yes - using clear (both) immediately resolved the problem.

What can I do to thank you all (besides posting properly - in the right category). This was invaluable info and I really appreciate the help. Thank you.
Linda Jimerson (newbie to this site)
Mar 20 '07 #13
drhowarddrfine
7,435 Expert 4TB
Spread the good word to other nice people.
Mar 20 '07 #14
I will absolutely do that. THANK YOU. Linda J
Mar 23 '07 #15

Sign in to post your reply or Sign up for a free account.