473,395 Members | 1,341 Online
Bytes | Software Development & Data Engineering Community
Post Job

Home Posts Topics Members FAQ

Join Bytes to post your question to a community of 473,395 software developers and data experts.

To calculate for employee work experieance

Alem:
hi friends I tried many methods but it will increase or decrease three or four months. Please help me to get exact year and month .
thanks in advance.
Mar 12 '07 #1
7 1791
alem
Hi Alem:
To calculate Employee work expereance in Ms-Access what shall I do b/c
I tried by the following formulas but I got three or four month difference I can't get exact service year and that will display also with decimal number. which is meaning less.

Service year: ((([diff])/30)/12)

a person emplyed in different organization, fist I calcualte Begin and End date of emploment date then I use the above formula.

Diff represents Begin date-End date
Please help me what shall I do

Thanks in advance.
Mar 12 '07 #2
MMcCarthy
14,534 Expert Mod 8TB
Hi Alem

Not sure what it is exactly you are looking for but the following will give you the number of months that employee was on work experience.
Expand|Select|Wrap|Line Numbers
  1. DateDiff("m", [Begin date], [End date])
Mary
Mar 12 '07 #3
Rabbit
12,516 Expert Mod 8TB
  1. DateDiff("interval", Start Date, End Date)
"yyyy" for year
"m" for month
You'll have to do a check because DateDiff rounds off.
Mar 12 '07 #4
MMcCarthy
14,534 Expert Mod 8TB
  1. DateDiff("interval", Start Date, End Date)
"yyyy" for year
"m" for month
You'll have to do a check because DateDiff rounds off.
Alem

Please don't double post. I am merging this with your other thread here.

Mary
Mar 12 '07 #5
developing
110 100+
you could try it with a query...on column with start date, one with end. third that calculates...
Mar 12 '07 #6
alem
Dear all (alem)

I have got Your answere thanks a lot but my problem is not soved yet.

let me explain again
an employee employeed more than 3 organization
Example in A company from 2/4/2004 to 3/8/2005
in B company from 5/10/2005 to 5/8/2006
in C company from10/11/2006 to now()

To calculate service year for the above employee

I used Service year: DateDiff("d",[MinOfBeginDate],(Now()))
Year: ((([Service year])/30)/12)
30 represents months
12 represents year

It displays number like 3.4897373 this that is difficalt to interpret
Mar 13 '07 #7
MMcCarthy
14,534 Expert Mod 8TB
Alem, you clicked report instead of reply on your last post. I am including content below for others to see. Please be more careful.
Assuming a table Employees and a field empID then you could use the following to get the number of days. How do you want that represented?
  1. SELECT empID, Sum(DateDiff("d", [Begin date], [End date]))
  2. FROM Employees
  3. GROUP BY empID;
Mar 13 '07 #8

Sign in to post your reply or Sign up for a free account.

Similar topics

by: SpyderSL | last post by:
Hey, I have created an access form, in which I have a drop down with employee names. These are the steps I would like to happen: 1. A user will enter a number in FIELD A 2. The user will...
by: Sector 7G | last post by:
I'm working with a SQL query for a Human Resources database. Its intended purpose is to find all the paycheck records with a check date (prckhist.chkdate ) more recent than eleven days past the...
by: MCLR | last post by:
Good day to all: I found your website a couple of days ago as I was searching for resources that can help within my particular problem in writing a script for an Access Query. The issue is to...
by: alem | last post by:
Hi Alem: To calculate Employee work expereance in Ms-Access what shall I do b/c I tried by the following formulas bu I got three or four month different I can't get exact service year and I...
by: ndindi22 | last post by:
Can someone plz help me. I'm working on leave application, have to calculate number of leave days available, starting from Startdate to Enddate of a contract. Where an employee get 1 day leave...
by: Astrom33 | last post by:
Hello everyone. I am as new to this forum as I am to Microsoft Access. I am working on a case at the law firm I work at. Basically the table I have shows all point of sale (cash register)...
by: gaya12 | last post by:
In ASP and using Ms access. I have a form which asks users to input some details. The details entered by the user will stored in a access database and also there is a calculation based on the...
by: Serenityquinn15 | last post by:
Hi! I just want to know, how to calculate the employee timesheet it's a part of payroll system. and it is my first time to create a system like this. I need to determine the Overtime, Late and...
by: Yammi | last post by:
Ok, I know that there is a very smart programmer out there that can resovle my issue. I am trying to calculate time worked by 15 minute intervals. Example: ================= Emp 1 started...
by: lizBeth | last post by:
Hi all, i seem to have gotten stuck on this coursework, i am unsure as to how to implement a method in the main class to calculate the sum of all employees monthly salaries. Everything...
by: ryjfgjl | last post by:
If we have dozens or hundreds of excel to import into the database, if we use the excel import function provided by database editors such as navicat, it will be extremely tedious and time-consuming...
by: ryjfgjl | last post by:
In our work, we often receive Excel tables with data in the same format. If we want to analyze these data, it can be difficult to analyze them because the data is spread across multiple Excel files...
by: emmanuelkatto | last post by:
Hi All, I am Emmanuel katto from Uganda. I want to ask what challenges you've faced while migrating a website to cloud. Please let me know. Thanks! Emmanuel
BarryA
by: BarryA | last post by:
What are the essential steps and strategies outlined in the Data Structures and Algorithms (DSA) roadmap for aspiring data scientists? How can individuals effectively utilize this roadmap to progress...
by: Hystou | last post by:
There are some requirements for setting up RAID: 1. The motherboard and BIOS support RAID configuration. 2. The motherboard has 2 or more available SATA protocol SSD/HDD slots (including MSATA, M.2...
marktang
by: marktang | last post by:
ONU (Optical Network Unit) is one of the key components for providing high-speed Internet services. Its primary function is to act as an endpoint device located at the user's premises. However,...
by: Hystou | last post by:
Most computers default to English, but sometimes we require a different language, especially when relocating. Forgot to request a specific language before your computer shipped? No problem! You can...
jinu1996
by: jinu1996 | last post by:
In today's digital age, having a compelling online presence is paramount for businesses aiming to thrive in a competitive landscape. At the heart of this digital strategy lies an intricately woven...
tracyyun
by: tracyyun | last post by:
Dear forum friends, With the development of smart home technology, a variety of wireless communication protocols have appeared on the market, such as Zigbee, Z-Wave, Wi-Fi, Bluetooth, etc. Each...

By using Bytes.com and it's services, you agree to our Privacy Policy and Terms of Use.

To disable or enable advertisements and analytics tracking please visit the manage ads & tracking page.