473,416 Members | 1,463 Online
Bytes | Software Development & Data Engineering Community
Post Job

Home Posts Topics Members FAQ

Join Bytes to post your question to a community of 473,416 software developers and data experts.

What is a good salary and package for our industry?

I have been in the software industry for some time now but still when a fresher recently asked me questions like

What is a good package?
How do I know I am getting a reasonable salary package?

I was clueless.... Please help me answer :)
Mar 15 '07 #1
5 5428
sicarie
4,677 Expert Mod 4TB
I have been in the software industry for some time now but still when a fresher recently asked me questions like

What is a good package?

It depends on your location, skill level, and the position you are applying for. The best way to do it is research and interview - find out what offers are out there, and what people are paying for them.
Mar 15 '07 #2
AricC
1,892 Expert 1GB

What is a good package?

Check a job site see if there are any jobs similiar to yours then look at what they are offering.
Mar 17 '07 #3
debasisdas
8,127 Expert 4TB
In this industry there is nothing like perfect salary.
It depends totally on your skill.
It might be your technical skill or how u made the bargain with the HR.
But if u feel desatisfied with your curent employer/job, u can always change n find out a better one.
Mar 23 '07 #4
DeMan
1,806 1GB
Almost all IT people (In fact almost all people in any industry) will tell you a good salary for the industry is "more than I'm getting".
Bottom line is if you think what you are offered is fair, take it (ie would you do the work they want for that price).
Often advertised positions will have prices attached, and you can compare to these (as I think someone already said).
You can always look for a new position (and while employed are earning valuable experience - one of the deciding factors in salary, I think).....Money is not always what makes a job worth while (although it's nice), and even if it were, there is no harm taking a lesser paid job to gain experience for the better paid job. As you work in the industry you will often hear/overhear what others are getting, and if you're not happy with your package, don't be afraid to either approach management or look to move on (if people value your work and fear you will move on, you may find them willing to increase salary, provided they think it's worth it)
Mar 23 '07 #5
vijaydiwakar
579 512MB

What is a good package?

The best sallary is as per Company's Norms
this will save u from many problems
Mar 29 '07 #6

Sign in to post your reply or Sign up for a free account.

Similar topics

by: Brandon J. Van Every | last post by:
What's better about Ruby than Python? I'm sure there's something. What is it? This is not a troll. I'm language shopping and I want people's answers. I don't know beans about Ruby or have...
by: Reed L. O'Brien | last post by:
I see rotor was removed for 2.4 and the docs say use an AES module provided separately... Is there a standard module that works alike or an AES module that works alike but with better encryption?...
by: Xah Lee | last post by:
in computer languages, often a function definition looks like this: subroutine f (x1, x2, ...) { variables ... do this or that } in advanced languages such as LISP family, it is not uncommon...
by: Salad | last post by:
On the computer side of the businees there is me, the developer. Another person's role is that of the idea man...the person that knows the business and requirements and issues for the business. ...
by: drgonzo120 | last post by:
hello, i'm studying csharp in belgium, and i'll have to do a "stage" , go work for a few months in a company, and then, hopefulmy, get a job, but now, i wonder, in what directions is csharp...
by: thborges | last post by:
I tried create this function with DB2 Express and received the error message: -104 Thiago.FUNCTION1: 9: SQL0104N An inexpected token "TABLE SESSION.TESTE(C1 INTEGER) ON CO" was found...
by: LurfysMa | last post by:
I am working on an electronic flashcard application. I have one version up and running using Visual Basic (6.0) and Access 2000. My long-range plans are to put it up on a website and sell...
by: raisinghkalwa | last post by:
<?php if(isset($_POST)) { $fname=$_POST; $lname=$_POST; $age=$_POST; $address=$_POST; $salary=$_POST; $borrow=$_POST; echo "form submitted successfully";
by: desai.ninad | last post by:
Hi guys, i am a php professional, having nearly 4 years of experience in this domain. When i joined php, it was not popular at all in india, but now scenario has been changed. Lot of jobs are...
by: nemocccc | last post by:
hello, everyone, I want to develop a software for my android phone for daily needs, any suggestions?
by: Sonnysonu | last post by:
This is the data of csv file 1 2 3 1 2 3 1 2 3 1 2 3 2 3 2 3 3 the lengths should be different i have to store the data by column-wise with in the specific length. suppose the i have to...
by: Hystou | last post by:
There are some requirements for setting up RAID: 1. The motherboard and BIOS support RAID configuration. 2. The motherboard has 2 or more available SATA protocol SSD/HDD slots (including MSATA, M.2...
marktang
by: marktang | last post by:
ONU (Optical Network Unit) is one of the key components for providing high-speed Internet services. Its primary function is to act as an endpoint device located at the user's premises. However,...
Most computers default to English, but sometimes we require a different language, especially when relocating. Forgot to request a specific language before your computer shipped? No problem! You can...
Oralloy
by: Oralloy | last post by:
Hello folks, I am unable to find appropriate documentation on the type promotion of bit-fields when using the generalised comparison operator "<=>". The problem is that using the GNU compilers,...
Overview: Windows 11 and 10 have less user interface control over operating system update behaviour than previous versions of Windows. In Windows 11 and 10, there is no way to turn off the Windows...
tracyyun
by: tracyyun | last post by:
Dear forum friends, With the development of smart home technology, a variety of wireless communication protocols have appeared on the market, such as Zigbee, Z-Wave, Wi-Fi, Bluetooth, etc. Each...
agi2029
by: agi2029 | last post by:
Let's talk about the concept of autonomous AI software engineers and no-code agents. These AIs are designed to manage the entire lifecycle of a software development project—planning, coding, testing,...

By using Bytes.com and it's services, you agree to our Privacy Policy and Terms of Use.

To disable or enable advertisements and analytics tracking please visit the manage ads & tracking page.