473,395 Members | 1,696 Online
Bytes | Software Development & Data Engineering Community
Post Job

Home Posts Topics Members FAQ

Join Bytes to post your question to a community of 473,395 software developers and data experts.

picking and saving a value between two forms

Visual Basic6.0 Coding Help

My Operating system is WindowsXP
I am working on my current project in vb6.0.

My problems are as follows.
1. I want a textbox of one form(form2) to pick a value to be used in this form from another database table of another form(form1)

2. I want to update a value from one textbox in one form to the database table of another form
Mar 19 '07 #1
2 1633
Geoff
For problem 1:
Database control
Use a Data control and connect it to the database, then with the text box select the data properties on the control and put them as required.
Form - From
Have the code on the form where you want the values to display be like:
Expand|Select|Wrap|Line Numbers
  1. Form1.Text1.Text = Form2.Text1.Text
That will made a text box on form 1 have the same caption as a text box on form 2.

For problem 2:
Again use the data control. This time:
Expand|Select|Wrap|Line Numbers
  1. Data1.Recordset.Edit
  2. 'or you can use
  3. Data1.Recordset.Addnew
  4. Data1.Recordset.Fields("TableName") = Text1.Text
  5. Data1.Recordset.Update
Mar 19 '07 #2
willakawill
1,646 1GB
What kind of project is this? Is it one you are studying?
Mar 19 '07 #3

Sign in to post your reply or Sign up for a free account.

Similar topics

by: ojorus | last post by:
Hi! I just wonder how I can save a page's scroll position with javascript. (i'm not a javascript developer) I have a PHP-page with two columns; the left contains a lot of thumbnails, and the right...
by: Stuart McGraw | last post by:
I haven't been able to figure this out and would appreciate some help... I have two tables, both with autonumber primary keys, and linked in a conventional master-child relationship. I've...
by: cdj | last post by:
Hi all, I've got a picturebox on a form, and a save button. When I go to save, the app craps out with the following error: ================== An unhandled exception of type...
by: TORQUE | last post by:
Hi, Im wondering if anyone can help me with a problem. I have a form with more than 50 unbound fields. Some of the fields will be blank from time to time. This seems to be where im having...
by: Jeff | last post by:
Hey (and thank you for reading my post) In visual web developer 2005 express edition I've created a simple website project.. At this website I want users who register to be able to upload a...
by: panwala_bhavesh | last post by:
Thanks in advance... I have a form displaying the results of a query in a continuous form style. I want to be able to double-click on the key field of the form (a textbox, in this case a AssetID)...
by: Andy_Khosravi | last post by:
I'm having a problem with an entry form on one of my applications. It would appear that the save action is sometimes not working, and is generating no error when it fails. I'm hoping one of you may...
by: Wingot | last post by:
Hey, I am using Visual Studio 2008 Beta 2 for some application development in C#, but I presume that the following question applies equally well to any environment.
by: romcab | last post by:
Hi guys, I would like to ask your help about saving in ado.net. I was able to update it only on the display but when I check the database, it is not updated. I paste below my code and hopefully...
by: Charles Arthur | last post by:
How do i turn on java script on a villaon, callus and itel keypad mobile phone
by: ryjfgjl | last post by:
In our work, we often receive Excel tables with data in the same format. If we want to analyze these data, it can be difficult to analyze them because the data is spread across multiple Excel files...
by: emmanuelkatto | last post by:
Hi All, I am Emmanuel katto from Uganda. I want to ask what challenges you've faced while migrating a website to cloud. Please let me know. Thanks! Emmanuel
by: nemocccc | last post by:
hello, everyone, I want to develop a software for my android phone for daily needs, any suggestions?
by: Sonnysonu | last post by:
This is the data of csv file 1 2 3 1 2 3 1 2 3 1 2 3 2 3 2 3 3 the lengths should be different i have to store the data by column-wise with in the specific length. suppose the i have to...
by: Hystou | last post by:
There are some requirements for setting up RAID: 1. The motherboard and BIOS support RAID configuration. 2. The motherboard has 2 or more available SATA protocol SSD/HDD slots (including MSATA, M.2...
marktang
by: marktang | last post by:
ONU (Optical Network Unit) is one of the key components for providing high-speed Internet services. Its primary function is to act as an endpoint device located at the user's premises. However,...
Oralloy
by: Oralloy | last post by:
Hello folks, I am unable to find appropriate documentation on the type promotion of bit-fields when using the generalised comparison operator "<=>". The problem is that using the GNU compilers,...
jinu1996
by: jinu1996 | last post by:
In today's digital age, having a compelling online presence is paramount for businesses aiming to thrive in a competitive landscape. At the heart of this digital strategy lies an intricately woven...

By using Bytes.com and it's services, you agree to our Privacy Policy and Terms of Use.

To disable or enable advertisements and analytics tracking please visit the manage ads & tracking page.