473,424 Members | 1,909 Online
Bytes | Software Development & Data Engineering Community
Post Job

Home Posts Topics Members FAQ

Join Bytes to post your question to a community of 473,424 software developers and data experts.

How can I add a text preloader to this code?

Hi

I've been working on a site where swf's are loaded into main movie with transitions between the sections. I have the following code on the mcContainer...

Expand|Select|Wrap|Line Numbers
  1. onClipEvent (enterFrame) {
  2. if (!loaded && this._url != _root._url) {
  3. if (this.getBytesLoaded() == this.getBytesTotal()) {
  4. loaded = true;
  5. _root.transition.gotoAndPlay("opening");
  6. }
  7. }
  8. }
How can I add a text percentage preloader into this code?

Any help will be greatly received

Thanks
Wayne
Apr 1 '07 #1
6 2404
Motoma
3,237 Expert 2GB
After a quick Google I came up with this link.
Apr 2 '07 #2
Thanks for the reply. I'm still quite new to AS, and I have done a few sites with preloaders along the lines of the one in the link you supplied. But for this site I'm doing, I need something that will work with the existing code for loading the swf files, and I can't seem to add in code from other pre-loaders without either getting errors or effecting the loading of the swfs. If it helps, I have the files uploaded here;

www.fullfatdesigns.co.uk/files2.zip
Apr 3 '07 #3
Motoma
3,237 Expert 2GB
Thanks for the reply. I'm still quite new to AS, and I have done a few sites with preloaders along the lines of the one in the link you supplied. But for this site I'm doing, I need something that will work with the existing code for loading the swf files, and I can't seem to add in code from other pre-loaders without either getting errors or effecting the loading of the swfs. If it helps, I have the files uploaded here;

www.fullfatdesigns.co.uk/files2.zip
What errors do you get?
Apr 4 '07 #4
The errors are from copying and pasting lines of text from another preloader into the wrong place. I don't remember the exact errors, but when I try to correct them (by trying to either add or take away ( or } ) I end up with more errors. I am still a beginner to AS, and usually work by using code from tutorials or forums and trying to piece them together, which has got me so-far, but I think I need to learn the basics of AS, so that things like this don't throw me. Think I will buy one of those 'learn actionscript in 24hrs' book :)

Thanks
Wayne
Apr 4 '07 #5
can any one give me the tips to preload images as well as flash files. because in my website it take little bit time delay. any one give me idea
Apr 20 '07 #6
Motoma
3,237 Expert 2GB
can any one give me the tips to preload images as well as flash files. because in my website it take little bit time delay. any one give me idea
Try a Google search on "Flash Preloader Tutorial."
Apr 20 '07 #7

Sign in to post your reply or Sign up for a free account.

Similar topics

by: Ross | last post by:
This page I am trying to create a preloader that hides all the other content except the hidepage div until it loads...any ideas? Or any preloaders that actually work? ...
by: abm | last post by:
Hi. I am in great need of a preloader for my Flash web site. I have looked at a lot of tutorials and examples, but I can not seem to get it to work. How do I add a preloader to my existing Flash...
by: bedges | last post by:
okay, the scenario: i have a header image which changes randomly across all pages in the site. that works fine. i also have an image preloader within the random header picker which theoretically...
by: 031179 | last post by:
Hi I'm having lots of problems trying to apply a preloader to the following site: http://www.publishingme.com/niaomh/index.html I have tried different websites and tutorials but no luck....
by: Lanky | last post by:
I have noticed on sites that on a page a preloader will run and one or more flash movies will appear. Then the preloader does not reappear on subsequest revists to that page during the same browser...
by: streammalvern | last post by:
Hi, I am having a problem with a published Flash Movie. I included a preloader and the whole file size of the .swf is only about 1MB. If I go to the movie, it pauses even before the preloader...
by: 1left | last post by:
Hi- I'm getting some weird flickering of objects (not the preloader elements) during the "Simulate Download" test (56k) of my Flash 8 movie. I'm on cable modem , and the preloader runs so fast at...
by: Freelancer Deepak | last post by:
How can i include a professional preloader in my flash file. How can i use a text scroller in flash file
donilourdu
by: donilourdu | last post by:
hi, I want to preload the image on page load using javascript by, Doni
by: emmanuelkatto | last post by:
Hi All, I am Emmanuel katto from Uganda. I want to ask what challenges you've faced while migrating a website to cloud. Please let me know. Thanks! Emmanuel
BarryA
by: BarryA | last post by:
What are the essential steps and strategies outlined in the Data Structures and Algorithms (DSA) roadmap for aspiring data scientists? How can individuals effectively utilize this roadmap to progress...
by: Sonnysonu | last post by:
This is the data of csv file 1 2 3 1 2 3 1 2 3 1 2 3 2 3 2 3 3 the lengths should be different i have to store the data by column-wise with in the specific length. suppose the i have to...
by: Hystou | last post by:
There are some requirements for setting up RAID: 1. The motherboard and BIOS support RAID configuration. 2. The motherboard has 2 or more available SATA protocol SSD/HDD slots (including MSATA, M.2...
Oralloy
by: Oralloy | last post by:
Hello folks, I am unable to find appropriate documentation on the type promotion of bit-fields when using the generalised comparison operator "<=>". The problem is that using the GNU compilers,...
by: Hystou | last post by:
Overview: Windows 11 and 10 have less user interface control over operating system update behaviour than previous versions of Windows. In Windows 11 and 10, there is no way to turn off the Windows...
tracyyun
by: tracyyun | last post by:
Dear forum friends, With the development of smart home technology, a variety of wireless communication protocols have appeared on the market, such as Zigbee, Z-Wave, Wi-Fi, Bluetooth, etc. Each...
agi2029
by: agi2029 | last post by:
Let's talk about the concept of autonomous AI software engineers and no-code agents. These AIs are designed to manage the entire lifecycle of a software development project—planning, coding, testing,...
by: conductexam | last post by:
I have .net C# application in which I am extracting data from word file and save it in database particularly. To store word all data as it is I am converting the whole word file firstly in HTML and...

By using Bytes.com and it's services, you agree to our Privacy Policy and Terms of Use.

To disable or enable advertisements and analytics tracking please visit the manage ads & tracking page.