473,408 Members | 2,417 Online
Bytes | Software Development & Data Engineering Community
Post Job

Home Posts Topics Members FAQ

Join Bytes to post your question to a community of 473,408 software developers and data experts.

Kill an Established Connection

Hi All,

I'm running into a problem with open sockets on Redhat Linux 4. A program I was running quit out unexpectedly and left a connection established. I did a netstat -apn and killed all processes associated with the socket. Now 'netstat -apn | grep 3260' does not display any application associated with that portand yet it is still established. Is there any way of bringing down this socket free of resetting the system?
Apr 6 '07 #1
1 21093
ghostdog74
511 Expert 256MB
Hi All,

I'm running into a problem with open sockets on Redhat Linux 4. A program I was running quit out unexpectedly and left a connection established. I did a netstat -apn and killed all processes associated with the socket. Now 'netstat -apn | grep 3260' does not display any application associated with that portand yet it is still established. Is there any way of bringing down this socket free of resetting the system?
you can use lsof, eg
Expand|Select|Wrap|Line Numbers
  1. lsof -i tcp:3260
this will check process that uses port 3260. see if there are any process left still using it.
Apr 11 '07 #2

Sign in to post your reply or Sign up for a free account.

Similar topics

by: MajorTom | last post by:
Hello, I getting this error An established connection was aborted by the software in your host machine here: TcpClient smtpSocket = new TcpClient(_serverSmtp, _portSmtp) port = 25 (smtp...
by: Vitoto | last post by:
Hi guys, i Need fix this issue. My VB.Net is Anticheat Program, And Server Game is working in port 2346. I Need Thread looking when My computer Established Connection to Any IP in Port 2346...
by: andres | last post by:
hi, i am trying to connect to a remote machine to find out if anyone's logged in to it using wmi's ManagementObjectSearcher object. I am successful in establishing the connection and getting the...
by: Dennis | last post by:
I'm getting the following problem occasionally...the application will work perfectly well for a period of time and then this pops up. I have tried turning off the default proxy in the...
by: Apu Nahasapeemapetilon | last post by:
Why do I get the following two error messages, intermittently, when I issue a "SendRequestResponse(methodName, requestEnvelope);" command on a class derived from...
by: Buddy Home | last post by:
Hello, I'm trying to upload a file programatically and occasionally I get the following error message. Unable to write data to the transport connection: An established connection was aborted...
by: ManningFan | last post by:
If one of my end users has left their database open and I need to compact it, is there a way (via code or something else) to boot a user from a database and clear the LDB file? I'm pretty sure...
by: Edwintanst | last post by:
I am trying out the detaching of the database and found that there are active user connection to it. The connection has lead to the failed in detaching the database. Can I know how do I kill that...
by: scooter02 | last post by:
A program on machine A communicates with a program on machine B via sockets. This work really well for a few hours, then I get the message below for several minutes and the program works well for...
by: emmanuelkatto | last post by:
Hi All, I am Emmanuel katto from Uganda. I want to ask what challenges you've faced while migrating a website to cloud. Please let me know. Thanks! Emmanuel
by: nemocccc | last post by:
hello, everyone, I want to develop a software for my android phone for daily needs, any suggestions?
by: Sonnysonu | last post by:
This is the data of csv file 1 2 3 1 2 3 1 2 3 1 2 3 2 3 2 3 3 the lengths should be different i have to store the data by column-wise with in the specific length. suppose the i have to...
marktang
by: marktang | last post by:
ONU (Optical Network Unit) is one of the key components for providing high-speed Internet services. Its primary function is to act as an endpoint device located at the user's premises. However,...
Oralloy
by: Oralloy | last post by:
Hello folks, I am unable to find appropriate documentation on the type promotion of bit-fields when using the generalised comparison operator "<=>". The problem is that using the GNU compilers,...
by: Hystou | last post by:
Overview: Windows 11 and 10 have less user interface control over operating system update behaviour than previous versions of Windows. In Windows 11 and 10, there is no way to turn off the Windows...
tracyyun
by: tracyyun | last post by:
Dear forum friends, With the development of smart home technology, a variety of wireless communication protocols have appeared on the market, such as Zigbee, Z-Wave, Wi-Fi, Bluetooth, etc. Each...
agi2029
by: agi2029 | last post by:
Let's talk about the concept of autonomous AI software engineers and no-code agents. These AIs are designed to manage the entire lifecycle of a software development project—planning, coding, testing,...
isladogs
by: isladogs | last post by:
The next Access Europe User Group meeting will be on Wednesday 1 May 2024 starting at 18:00 UK time (6PM UTC+1) and finishing by 19:30 (7.30PM). In this session, we are pleased to welcome a new...

By using Bytes.com and it's services, you agree to our Privacy Policy and Terms of Use.

To disable or enable advertisements and analytics tracking please visit the manage ads & tracking page.